Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hows this for a meal??

happyhourhero

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i decided its time for me to get into shape and have been working out like a madman for the last month and now am trying to get on a healthy diet (i would be content eating pizza for every meal so its hard). Tonight i decided to look around the house for the healthiest food to eat and just sort of mixed and matched so this is what i ate. Is this a good meal for getting buff and ripped and in shape??

4 or 5 slices of cajun turkey (sandwich meat from the deli, but i just ate it plain with no bread or anything)

Cottage cheese
Baked beans
Carrots (approx. 8)
Skim milk

and then i've been munching on some cashew nuts

DJ Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll get bored of that after a few days, believe me. If you're serious about getting in shape, keep to watching what you eat and exercising fanatically. As for food, I'd recommend

1) tortilla wrap bread
2) lettuce
3) grilled chicken breast, sliced
4) sliced onion
5) light salad dressing of your choice

About 15 bucks a week to eat 2 big ones a day, and you can keep the flavor changed up by using different dressings. Not to mention, it's better than paying 5 bucks for the same thing at Chick-Fil-A.

happyhourhero

Don Juan
Reaction score
mmm that does sound really good and easy for a lazy college student. Kind of like those wraps they sell at subway now. Thanks for the idea

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Bishop
You'll get bored of that after a few days, believe me. If you're serious about getting in shape, keep to watching what you eat and exercising fanatically. As for food, I'd recommend

1) tortilla wrap bread
2) lettuce
3) grilled chicken breast, sliced
4) sliced onion
5) light salad dressing of your choice

About 15 bucks a week to eat 2 big ones a day, and you can keep the flavor changed up by using different dressings. Not to mention, it's better than paying 5 bucks for the same thing at Chick-Fil-A.
That's nearly identical to what I had last night. Except salsa insted of dressing and saome fat free cheese...

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat free cheese typically has other bad things in it, such as high salt content.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat free cheese or fat cheese? Margerine or butter?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Kendog

Don Juan
Reaction score
just eat chicken breast and oatmeal everyday for every meal, youll turn into a beast

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man cannot live by bread alone.

having enough good variety in your diet is a good thing. if not for the obvious benefits, for the fact that it takes hard work to stay on a workout routine as it is, the broader your diet the less you limit yourself as far as food goes. no reason to cut way back on the things you like as long as you get the balenced portions for what you're intending to do (cutting or bulking). good absorbale proteins, good carbs, good fats.

then, focus your attention on working out.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, but it looks like you may be undereating. Also, if I remember correctly, beans are high GI carbs, which you want to stay away from, should that be the case. Plus. the sauce on baked beans is nothing but mollasses.

I reccoment that EVERYONE join the general forum at johnstonefitness.com.
It was started by a guy who got tired of being a fat slob, and went from VERY overweight to having a body that turns heads in a few months, from clean eating and exercise. I advise everyone to check it out.