Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you respond to this?

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its 2 a.m. on a saturday night...or sunday morning if u want to be smart about it (last night). I get a text from a girl I met at a bar last week, who I am going to go out on a "first date" with in 5 days (this coming friday night).

Her: "Are you awake?"

Me: "Yes."

Her: "What are you doing?"

Me: "Studying. I have 2 exams on monday"

Her: "Come keep me company"

Me: "Where are you at"

Her: "Just got home. Laying in bed."

OK. So there it is. I will leave out what I said next and what happened after...because I want to know what the rest of you would have done from there first. Then I will tell you what happened.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Early in the relationship, NEVER tell a woman what you're doing when you're busy. Tell them you have tons of 5hit that you need to do and leave it at that. If you let her know what you're doing, she will try to make excuses for you to quit what you're doing and spend time with her. Here's how I would have conducted the conversation:

Me: "I've got tons of 5hit I need to get done"

Her: "Do you have time to come keep me company"

Me: "Not tonight my dear, but I'll make it up to you on Friday ;)"

It not only keeps her anticipating Friday, but it keeps you from getting distracted from what you're doing.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Me: "Studying. I have 2 exams on monday"

Her: "Come keep me company"

Me: "Where are you at"

Her: "Just got home. Laying in bed."

Me: "Are you naked?"

Her: "Yes"

Me: "Have you been drinking?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "I'll be right over."

Cheers!

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova: I wish I did that. Thats some smart, solid advice. Here's what happened:

So I said: "I can get there in about 30 min. U gonna still be awake by then"

Her: " I'm falling asleep. I've been up since 4am this morning (She's a nurse). I'm getting tired".

Me: I'll be there in 20

Her: "Thats a funny first date"

Me: Haha

I didnt even leave my room...coz I figured this ***** was tryin to play some kinda retarded mind games. I texted her asking wut her room number was, she didnt text back until 7 am this morning saying "I'm so sorry. I fell asleep with the phone in my hand blah blah blah".

Question of the year: What the hell is a person supposed to say other than yes or no. If i said no, i wouldve looked gay or uninterested or just plain socially retarded. If I say yes......then this stupid **** happens.

What should I do now? She isnt' texting me 20 times a day like she has been for hte past 3 days. I asked her if she wanted to go out wednesday night, and she asked me if I was taking her out of the friday slot. The only thing I said back was that I'd call her tomorrow after my exam.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you just begin dating a woman, stick to your plans and your word. You had plans to see her on Friday, so keep it at that.

At the beginning of a relationship, you have little or no value. You are fairly disposable to the woman. You need to build up some value before you can start throwing in little surprises like letting her have an extra night with you.

When 5hit like this happens early in the relationship, use it as an opportunity to build value instead of giving her what she says she wants. Let her fantasize about you, let her be jealous of whatever you're spending time with. Women absolutely love the anticipation, the jealousy, the excitement, and the influx of emotions it gives them.

She cannot feel any of that when you give into her. Instead, you'll become an instant bore.

What should I do now?
This prospect may be completely fvcked. You may be able to salvage it by cancelling your date last minute on Friday and re-scheduling, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a future rendezvous with her.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: "I can get there in about 30 min. Be awake by then"

Her: " I'm falling asleep. I've been up since 4am this morning. I'm getting tired".

Me: I'll be there in 20

Her: "Thats a funny first date"

Me: "This isn't a date. It's a booty call."

Cheers!

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a proper response

You: [no reply]

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill hits it on the nose.

You either blow her off or don't respond.

A woman NEEDS to earn your attention. If you deliver attention on her ridiculous terms (2AM), you are covertly describing yourself as a man of few options. A high value man does not have time to play attention games any night much less Saturday at 2 AM.

What disturbs me here is that you state she doesn't text you 20 times a day anymore. Why would you text any girl back and forth (20 times), much less a girl you never met.

ALWAYS keep yourself scarce. Scarce commodities always sell at a higher price.

This rapport is over. NEXT.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonS said:
She wanted to see how quickly and how high you would jump at the opportunity to be with her to determine how many other options you had and where she ranked among them.
THis ^^
And she was a little hammered and lonely.
Best just not reply next time.

The way to win(these sh!t tests) is not to play.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were you really studying at 2am? Having failed that test maybe you should study sosuave more but don't tell her. ;) :up:

If I was you I wouldn't reply to one of the text messages for a few hours. This will get her thinking and maybe fearing you've lost interest. When you do reply say you couldn't find your phone. Thats all you need to say. Don't apologise (because its not supposed to be a big deal for you).

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what should I tell her regarding Friday? Should I tell her that we're still on? OR, should I tell her that by acting flaky with those texts, that I'd rather go out with her on a wednesday night (a night where I wouldnt give a damn if she flaked), in order to get a better idea of what she is about, and have different plans with someone else on friday?

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I tell her that I am dating a few women right now (which I actually am), and would rather spend time with one of them on a friday, and get to know her on wednesday, b/c I cannot afford to have a potential flake on such a crucial night?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seth03 said:
I texted her asking wut her room number was, she didnt text back until 7 am this morning saying "I'm so sorry. I fell asleep with the phone in my hand blah blah blah".
No she didn't.

Its more like "I was bored and needed some attention and because I know I can get attenion by hinting you for sex that you would give me some attention, but since you have forced the issue and want to come over, my ASD is on high alert so I will just ignore your texts and make up some cover up sh1t story in the morning (by then there won't be chance for sex) that you will believe me".

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just made plans 10 minutes ago with a different girl for friday. Now I have to figure out what to tell the "flake" girl regarding why I am cancelling, and when I can hang out next.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny because I got an irritating late night on Saturday night as well.... for the second weekend in a row from the same asinine chick in each instance. Last Saturday she sent me a text at fugging 3 am. (This was after she last-minute flaked on a meet-up earlier that evening.) I was asleep and didn't bother to respond at all during the following week.

On this past Saturday, she texted me at 1:15 am with a "Hello stranger" APB. (I was already aggravated from an incident earlier in the evening with another chick... but that's another thread.) Anyway, I answered her text with a direct "come over" message to call her bluff. She offered a bullisht excuse about having to work the next morning and it being too late. I blew it off and said goodnight. She replied that she only wanted to "talk". I bluntly told her that "talking" is the last thing on my mind when a woman contacts me at 1 am, and that I'd rather sleep than waste my time otherwise.

I'm sure she'll come trolling around again at some point, but she can forget being considered anything beyond a quick lay. Dating is out of the question.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You should have been like "Come over if you want Ill be up for a couple hours".

Put it in her court. no point in runnin across town at 3am for a piece of puzzy. fuk that. make that ***** come to you.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DMSR76 said:
On this past Saturday, she texted me at 1:15 am with a "Hello stranger" APB. (I was already aggravated from an incident earlier in the evening with another chick... but that's another thread.) Anyway, I answered her text with a direct "come over" message to call her bluff. She offered a bullisht excuse about having to work the next morning and it being too late.
You played her game and gave her the info that she needed..
Women text you at 3am to test whether you are alone.
She wanted to find out whether you were fuking somene else. By replying in the way that you did you told her that you were alone and willing and eager to have her come over even after she flaked on an earlier date.
She did not want to spend time with you otherwise she would have contacted you earlier in the day to set up a meet.

THis is a woman with LOW IL who is trying to keep you on the backburner.
Hit DELETE on her.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
You played her game and gave her the info that she needed..
Women text you at 3am to test whether you are alone.
She wanted to find out whether you were fuking somene else. By replying in the way that you did you told her that you were alone and willing and eager to have her come over even after she flaked on an earlier date.
She did not want to spend time with you otherwise she would have contacted you earlier in the day to set up a meet.

THis is a woman with LOW IL who is trying to keep you on the backburner.
Hit DELETE on her.
Thanks jophil.