Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to tell her you like her w/out looking like a smuck?

the_reader

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK... apparently the search engine is not working properly for me... I tried searching so i wouldn't have to post this... but the search kept giving me 0 results.

So basic question, i'm sure you all have a million ways to say it, I want to tell the woman I like her that i'd like to continue dating her, but at the same time keeping my dignity.

you know what i mean, not: pulling out a box of chocolates and saying"i reallly really like you, please be my girlfriend!"

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the_reader
So basic question, i'm sure you all have a million ways to say it, I want to tell the woman I like her that i'd like to continue dating her, but at the same time keeping my dignity.

you know what i mean, not: pulling out a box of chocolates and saying"i reallly really like you, please be my girlfriend!"
There's no way you can actually verbalize that you like her AND not look like an AFC. At least not from where I think you're coming from (since you're asking).

Just assume things for your benefit, and proceed accordingly: Wanna keep seeing her? Assume she likes you and ask her out later! Simple. If she likes you, she will accept, otherwise she will decline. Of course she could also accept out of boredom, but that's a different story. Check out the DJ bible if you haven't already done so, I'm pretty sure this subject is covered somewhere in there.

G

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no way you can actually verbalize that you like her AND not look like an AFC.

Agreed. And when you "ask" her out again, do more telling than asking.

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I just did this week to this girl that i work with that i wanted...

She told me she bases her entire life on psychology. So I asked her best friend for her number but I didn't call. Than a week later I said to the girl i liked "hey you're into psychology right? I have a question, why would I ask for your best friends # and than not call her?" My plan was to just kiss her when she responded but I chickened out and walked away to let her ponder it. Not sure where to go from here though hehe.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As one of the other posters said you can't really verbalize it, but then again you can do things to bait her to make her think you are starting to get attracted to her. Such as SOIs, push/pull, role reversal, Screening, etc. All that can get her thinking that maybe you are starting to like her and she will like to see if you actually do.

GS-83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dice
This is what I just did this week to this girl that i work with that i wanted...

She told me she bases her entire life on psychology. So I asked her best friend for her number but I didn't call. Than a week later I said to the girl i liked "hey you're into psychology right? I have a question, why would I ask for your best friends # and than not call her?" My plan was to just kiss her when she responded but I chickened out and walked away to let her ponder it. Not sure where to go from here though hehe.
I wouldn't have said it like that...
IMO

The chick is thinking, then why didn't he call me??
What is wrong with him??
Why does he do this?? Perhaps he likes me but doesn't have the balls...

Perhaps it would be best to frame it like a test she has to pass?
where she knows you were just joking about it and do really have the balls to ask her out face to face...

xenten

Don Juan
Reaction score
With the girl I'm seeing now I told her to not date anyone else. I wouldn't have said that if she didn't hook up with one of her ex's the week before. Was that a bad idea, or is keeping her a bad idea cause she did that.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ACTIONS not words.

Don't tell her. It won't help your cause. Just show her in your actions. It's more powerful and you will have more control.

Why do you need to tell her you want "to continue dating her"? How about just keeping asking her on dates.

What you are planning is one of the best things you can do to instantly reduce her interest level. It raises pressure, let's her be the deciding party, gives her control and hands her your balls.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i usually just say "you know, you're all right. i'll keep you around if you promise to behave"

the_reader

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha well ok what if i just said

" i'm not interested in just being friends with you"

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Dude, just make a move, don't talk.

Talk is for girls.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

10 replies pretty much saying unanimously that verbally manifesting your interest is NOT the way to go, and you still want to go ahead and do it.

You know, why don't you go ahead and do it? If the short cut is not good enough, go ahead and learn from experience. If there's no permanent damage, I guess it's ok for a kid to get burned... next time he won't play and tuch the hot stove.

G

JayCamx23

Don Juan
Reaction score
well ive wanted to try this the past few weeks. i think im gonna tell this HB9(and am in the friends zone with) that i want her. im gonna say something along the lines of, "you know i want you so bad." except im not going to act like i want her at all, and ignore her. Hopefully it will get her thinking about me. I really cant wait to try this. has anyone ever done something like this, cuz i think its gonna work.