Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to respond to recieving a gift?

Reaction score
As a senior DJ, I am continuously re-evaluating myself and looking for areas of skills that could use improvement until one day becoming some kind of super dj.

One thing that I believe needs some work is how to respond to recieving a gift from a female. I believe that there is a DJ style that can be more effective.

So with this thread, just tell us about how you usually respond to recieving a gift without sounding ungrateful and without hurting chances of not recieving any more gifts.

I have perfected my personal response as best I can which is to not respond with any words at all. Just look at her, then look at the gift, then look back up at her and kiss her as her "return gift". That process is done in a fairly paced manner. The reason I find it effective is that for one, you are quiet and mysterious and she has no idea what your thinking. Two, when you kiss her, she has no other choice but to assume the best. And three, only positive results come from that strategy. Doing it in a paced manner shows that your noticing the fact the she was thoughtful enough to do it.

With that, I ask that you rate that strategy also.

Edit: You do that strategy After you open the gift. From the time she hands it to you and you open it you just remain quiet.

Reaction score
great, another flamer. I wasn't saying that to brag genius, i was just explaining the situation to get more accurate answers. If I was that skilled I wouldn't be a member at this forum now would I?

It's nice to see your logic extends only to the point of what my scheduled registration date is. As if I was born on the day I registered here and couldn't possibly have had any type of life before that. I have been around these forums and the so suave site for years and as I said in another post, have just recently had the time to become an active member.

If you don't like my posts or if you take what I say as a personal attack then say so. Don't advocate flaming and accusations to people you know nothing about.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Private Player

The reason I find it effective is that for one, you are quiet and mysterious and she has no idea what your thinking. Two, when you kiss her, she has no other choice but to assume the best. And three, only positive results come from that strategy.
I disagree with you. Quiet and mysterious will have her question whether or not you like the present or not. When you kiss her, she will not assume the best..she'll be wondering if you like what she got for you...if all the effort she took getting you the present was ONLY worth a stinking kiss.

Positive results? Even if you pace yourself, and kiss her passionately, and yet, say nothing to acknowledge what the present is? Not even a thank you? -- She'd get pissed.

Think about it for a second. You finally dropped your DJ guard..maybe have been dating this girl for a couple months, and decided to get her a present for her birthday. Maybe it was that sweater she's been eyeballing everytime you guys walk by Neman Marcus. She talked about it once..and said.."only if she had the money"

So...being your LTR..you get it for her. Of course, you suprise her...in your mind..you have a preconceived thought that she'd be SOOO happy when she receives it. But, all you get for this thoughtful present is a kiss?? hahaha..buddy..you'd be pissed..you'd be telliing us right now how she's some kinda gold digging attention wh*re who thanked your thoughtful present with a stupid kiss...

positive results?? i dont think so..

a better way to receive a gift is to be smile, be sincere..and ask
"How did you know?"

by asking her this question...she will discuss the reasoning for getting you this present...if it was a thoroughly thought out plan of hers to surprise you..then reciprocate accordingly...if she deserves a kiss..then a kiss is all she gets..if she deseves a hug...then a hug it is..

if she got you season tickets to the Knicks and it was a well thought of idea because she knew you loved basketball...and all she got was a kiss....I'm sure she'll be thinking you're a pretty ungreatful fella..

Reaction score
The reasoning behind the kiss is that I only give them when she earns it so to speak. Not to make it sound like I have a strategic way of deciding whether I should kiss her or not. If I didn't make it clear, that specific strategy was for the girlfriend type. In addition I agree the reaction must be adjusted to the type of gift and reasoning behind it as there is no universal response you can use. And finally, the reason I chose the strategy was to create an air of mysteriousness which i'm trying to uphold with the girl I am using it with.

Don't forget that it is what worked for me and have good success with. Making claims such as "you dropped your DJ guard" is very immature.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Immature?? How is what I said immature??

I should flame you for being a 'self proclaimed' senior DJ. But, bootlegger busted your balls for that one already.

Dropping your DJ guard - I said that because most DJs on here wouldnt think of giving a woman a present...EVER..on the rare occassion to 'Drop the DJ guard' and be AFC enough to buy a woman a present..the rare occassion of a birthday..or Christmas.

You'd know this if you read the context of my reply.

And still..I think your method is flawed. Mystery isn't built regarding how you react to getting a present.

I'll stand by what I said earlier..if all you got was a kiss for a thouht out present you gave your LTR...I'm sure you'd ask her what she thought of it. And if she said nothing and just kissed you again...you'd think she was flaking...

ok MR 'self proclaimed' senior DJ...if it works for you..good..I wouldnt recommend this one to other DJs on this site...

I'm done with this thread.

Reaction score
Quote: Dropping your DJ guard - I said that because most DJs on here wouldnt think of giving a woman a present...EVER..on the rare occassion to 'Drop the DJ guard' and be AFC enough to buy a woman a present..the rare occassion of a birthday..or Christmas."

Wow, is it me or does the subject topic read "Recieving" not giving. You just trashed me on an assumption that you made.

Lastly, I was merely giving an examply that I use on my girlfriend to allow people to give their input on some they use on non-girlfriends.

Since when am I all "self-proclaimed". When I said senior dj I meant i've been around the scene for awhile. Not that i'm super skilled. Again, if that were the case then I wouldn't be a member of these forums now would I?

damn, 3 days and i'm already getting flamed. excuse me for asking a minor question.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Private Player,

Everything I've read upto this point indicates that you are a moron of the highest order. Take advice for what it is, and stop being a defensive wanker. Player my ass. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i give up. it's impossible to be mature at these forums so i'll just excuse myself.

At these forums your supposed to Ask. Learn. Tell. ..where in that does it say Judge.?

This is becoming more of a haters forum than a player forum. No need to reply as i'm done here. thanks anyway.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All this just because the dude needed to learn how to say "Thank you"???!!! :rolleyes:

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey PRivate. I personally think this is awesome tip. I swear man, you'll meet up with one of those flamers and they'll be using the very same tip you gave! it's that good.

seriously. I'd like hug her and kiss her cheek then smile, say thanks and go back to my normal self from there.

That's my version. I've never done it cuz these chicks are cheap bastards lol. Anyways, nice tip and just ignore the haters. Keep giving tips cuz people like me need your help man. lol.

cheers.

Reaction score
damn afk protector, i really appreciate that.

i almost let them get the best of me and figured they were speaking for the masses until you and francisco finally responded. good thing to because i have a lot of knowledge or should i say "insights" (don't want to come off ****y and start another flame) i think a lot of people in this community will find helpful. the same way i find a lot of the information here helpful.

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just in case you're not being ironically overanalysing, it's enough to say "thanks". Girls don't really expect much more than that. And the whole kiss routine is kinda weird too.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just accept and thank her for thinking about you. That doesn't mean that you have to like the gift, it was just her effort to try to do something nice. A simple "That's sweet, thanks for thinking about me..." and a peck on the cheek will do wonders. Just appreciate her. ;)

Reaction score
agreed. when with a gf you also got to remember your not supposed to be 100% testosterone all the time. so showing a little of that other side isn't exactly going to be detrimental. it will most likely serve more in your favor.

Mr.B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping your DJ guard

Dropping your DJ guard --

I just have to chime in here because I see a case of " I didn't actually read the post before I got upset"

-HPNOTIQ-'s reference to "Dropping your DJ guard" was in HIS scenario, not a reference to yours.
HIS scenario was about a guy buting his woman a gift.

I have no opinion either way, I just thought I would clarify what was obviously misread.

Reaction score
yes mr.b there were a couple misunderstandings that me and hypnotiq cleared via pm.