Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to raise £6000 in one year..

klootzak

Reaction score
I'm really intrested in going on an foreign exchange program for a year, since i need to get out of this country, pronto! I've seen the price, and it ain't cheap, around £6000 for a whole year..

Now, I'm only 15, so raising this is far from an easy solution. I can hardly work anywhere, but im still looking and i've even considered starting my own business. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me any ideas as to how i could raise this sum. And please don't respond if all you're gonna say is "It's impossible, dude", constructive advice please.

Thanks anyways, all help apprecieated

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting a part-time job is about all you can do at 15, unless you can manage to sell on ebay or something similar for a profit.

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dude, when I tried to get a job at 15 it was almost impossible. Just keep searching and you'll find something. After 2 months of job searching, I got a job at a retail store in Caesar's Palace. :D

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate:

Making 6000 should not be too big a deal. The biggest problem here is getting a job, and I'm sure if you worked hard enough at it you could find one within a month(At my old P/T job, I started at 15, as did numerous others).

Heck, 25 hours per week at 8/hr = 800/month

800/month x 7.5 = 6000.

Been there, done it, far from impossible!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryan killa said:
Mate:
Heck, 25 hours per week at 8/hr = 800/month
800/month x 7.5 = 6000.
I checked on the minimum wage requirements for the UK - for adults (22 yrs old +) it's £5.05 an hour. For non-adults (21 and under) it's £4.25.

That would mean you'd need to work roughly 1411 hours (or 27 hours a week for a year) to make £6000. Since the mandatory "National Insurance" tax takes out "11% on income up to £630 per week", that means that after 1411 hours, you'll have taken home £5340. Then you pay income tax - for the first £4,895 you pay 0%. For the next £2,095 you'll pay 10%.

£7000 - 11% = 6230. Then since you made £2105 over 4,895 means you'll pay around another £210. End result is about £6020 in your pocket.

Of course, this assumes you don't make any purchases for yourself for an entire year - no movies, no snacks, no anything. Good thing you're a kid and have parents paying for everything.

To make a long story short, with taxes taken into account you'll need to make £7000 to take home £6000. That's ~ 1647 hours, or 31 hours per week. If you have a skill that would raise your income then it will take less time, of course. Best of luck.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soliciting businesses and friends around your area works as well. Just have a good story.

comic_relief

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I checked on the minimum wage requirements for the UK - for adults (22 yrs old +) it's £5.05 an hour. For non-adults (21 and under) it's £4.25.

My bad. I thought 1 UK = 1.2US, or around there. Yeah, this actually is doable, but not as easy as I made it sound.

The first year I worked as a cart pusher, I grossed just under $10000 CAD, working somewhere around 20 hours a week, for comparison.

I still think if you put in the hours, it should not be THAT MUCH of a problem. Just be frugal with the money made.

Best of luck.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive made about 4 000 this month , started my own buisness and ive never even graduated highschool... o_O

DonSonnySagliani

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not a big amount of money, anyway i dont have enough pocket money myself. A part of my family is tightly connected with organized crime (and i'm considered a tough guy too) yet i dont have enough pocket money. Plus when you add the fact that in my country is the most perfect organized crime.
**** it's really depresive. I'm really looking forward for good and creative replies to this thread.

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I am not going on, I don't think I will convince those against it or they will convince me. I saving each side some time by not going on, if you want to vent out on what I said go a head. I spent too much time on this thread.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not knocking you mate, its good that you want to do these exchange programs, but your a bit young at 15.

Once you turn 18, there are laods more that you can do, try www.bunac.com to get soem ideas.

I did work america a few years back, was great fun, had to work 6 days a week and long hours, but met a lot of people. Lodgings were profided and food as well, even though it was awfull! Had about $2500 saved up by the end as well to travel with.