Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to protect a child from society's cultural influence?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Experiance means jack sh*t if your doing it WRONG, what proof you have that your a good parent? Your 18 year old kid and his 17 year old girl friend who's don't know SAFE SEX, which is like common sense. So was it a planned pregnancy? NO, that means the pregnancy was a mistake meaning they didn't have SAFE SEX. After that you said you were supporting his decision to have a kid when he's 18, while his gf was probably still in HIGHSCHOOL... wow ya that's def good parenting... he doesn't even know safe sex and you expect him take care of another kid. A good parent WOULD HAVE STEPPED in and told the BOY to get his head straight and that he won't get a decent job if he doesn't go to college. The girlfriend who's 17 should have gotten an abortion, since being pregant meant she had to miss highschool and she would have to take care of the baby after that. But no since your such a good parent you decide to just sit on your ass and watch.
I had previously had the condom discussion with him. She gets birth control shots, so they did believe they were protected against an unplanned pregnancy. I felt the condom talk needed to be revisited with both of them. I don't know that they didn't use them...I just felt it was worth repeating.

His girlfriend is actually 18 now. She graduates in about 6-8 weeks. No, she would not have missed any school. This only happened a short time ago...she would have graduated way before having the baby. She is going to college and both her mother, myself and my son were going to support her 100% so she would be able to do that and my son was going to continue to try to find a job with good benefits (he still is doing that...but the job market here isn't as strong as in other places).

I love how you frustrated and angry guys who were screeching over my son not running away from responsibility a few weeks ago are still screeching.
The immaturity here is running rampant today...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
MuayThai said:
Do you want your son to get laid? hahaha

"condom talk" hahaha Why not just get some baby photos out whilst you're at it.

As for Op's question.

You can home school them, but it'll mean they'll be "out of the loop" with other children.@Some kids find it fine and have lots of friends, some don't.

I think best of all is to make you kid feel like home is his/her place, and consequentially gets judged by people at home, and not by kids and others out side.
My son is going to be 19 in about 4 months. He's an adult and I can't very well expect him not to be a normal 19 year old guy.

I do love how a couple of guys are now slamming my son too. I think they must be jealous because he obviously gets more action than they do, lol.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
My son is going to be 19 in about 4 months. He's an adult and I can't very well expect him not to be a normal 19 year old guy.

I do love how a couple of guys are now slamming my son too. I think they must be jealous because he obviously gets more action than they do, lol.
Yeah totally, I weren't getting no 17yr olds pregnant when I was 18, coz only real players can do that.

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Married at 18? That's so 1951...

Considering you post so much on this site, it really never crossed your mind that your son suffers from 'oneitis' and that marriage is probably a terrible idea?

Marrying at 18 was a cute idea back in the day when social norms basically prohibited divorce and promoted settling down with your high school sweetie... but in 2007? At 18 you barely even know what you're really looking for in a woman, at 18 you're still a kid, still growing and developing.

I have a very concrete plan for when I have kids and my career will allow me the resources I need to execute it properly (read: time and money). It's too long to really begin writing out, though I do send myself emails every time something important happens to me. That way I can look back on it and see how I thought at age 15, 18, 20, 23, etc and use that in how I teach my own kids.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kwello said:

Considering you post so much on this site, it really never crossed your mind that your son suffers from 'oneitis' and that marriage is probably a terrible idea?
Well, she's a feminist and so of course wants young men to throw their lives away marrying their oneitis at 18.

She is exactly the type of social cultural influence that we need to protect our future sons against. How ironic that she is on this site then giving self-serving advice to young men...like a fox in a chicken coop.

Last edited:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Kwello said:

Marrying at 18 was a cute idea back in the day when social norms basically prohibited divorce and promoted settling down with your high school sweetie... but in 2007? At 18 you barely even know what you're really looking for in a woman, at 18 you're still a kid, still growing and developing.

I have a very concrete plan for when I have kids and my career will allow me the resources I need to execute it properly (read: time and money). It's too long to really begin writing out, though I do send myself emails every time something important happens to me. That way I can look back on it and see how I thought at age 15, 18, 20, 23, etc and use that in how I teach my own kids.
Um..."oneitis" is when you pine away after a girl who does not return your feelings, lol.

One of the things I did while raising my kids is teach them how to pick a person to get involved with. He's had numerous girlfriends. There is nothing this girl does wrong at all. She treats him very well. He also never stops doing the things he enjoys just because he has a girlfriend. I've drilled into the heads of my kids that you never change who you are to suit a romantic interest or involvement.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wayword said:
Well, she's a feminist and so of course wants young men to throw their lives away marrying their oneitis at 18.

She is exactly the type of social cultural influence that we need to protect our future sons against. How ironic that she is then on this site giving self-serving advice to young men...like a fox in a chicken coop.
Whatever you say, Cho...

Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
You stupid b*tch.

Cho was the name of the dude who massacred 31 at the Virginia Campus.
Knew she was f*cked in the head! What's next Wyldfire making 9/11 jokes and then spitting on the graves of dead soldiers? like that Phelps family?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, some guy not only wanted to but also did pretty well marrying at an early age. Damn, I'm talking about exceptions again...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Speaking from experience, some guy not only wanted to but also did pretty well marrying at an early age. Damn, I'm talking about exceptions again...
A lot of young couples struggle, that's true...but it's actually very different where I live. Most people here get married very young and a much higher percentage do very well. Rural Maine...it's just different here...always has been.