Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how to not think like a nerd

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do this and then I cannot stop for a while. Usually this happens right after having to take a test or exam in school, or having to do something like that. I am sitting in front of the computer right now instead of doing something that I really want to be doing.

I appreciate any advice.

djprophet

Don Juan
Reaction score
such are the fruits of living in a technological society, work on your inner game

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
embrace your inner nerd, but please bring out your inner man with a few activites.. Have a nice glass of whiskey once in a while (jameson/canadian club). Lift some weights with serious intent to get stronger or look better.

Go hiking, read some manly books. Do some sprints once a week, on hills or you're a *****.

Eat a big fat ass piece of grilled steak at least 1-2 a week. tip olive oil + black pepper+cumin grill, then after add your salt.

Learn how to cook.

Pick up a mixed martial art a few times a week....I recommend muay thai cause you get to learn how to properly kick or elbow some one in the face multiple times.

Pick up some suave dancing lessons...Damnit I ****in' want to learn west coast swing dancing so legit!!

Go shoot a gun at a firing range.

Put up pictures of real men on room walls/fridge who inspire you, but put some pics of hawt women by em to so people don't think you caught the ghey ( i recommend Jamie Eason)

When you start thinking like a nerd, just tell yourself it's ok, yet ask yourself if you have done anything productive to get your mind off school and your nerdiness for a bit. Some of the aforementioned activities should help. If you're a nerd don't be ashamed, I think all men have a bit of nerd in em some more than others obviously. As long as you're not like a full blown Star Trek convention visiting dungeons and dragons gate keeper mofo you should be fine :)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do something creative or something physical. Use the other parts of your brain and use your body. Less thinking, more creative stuff.

Guitar, painting, martial arts, sports, or just simple work around the house fixing and building things.

Nice to take a mental break once in awhile.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once I start thinking like a nerd (focused inward), I appear weak. That is not good.

@CarlitosWay, I do much of that already, except I do not drink.

Alle_Gory said:
Do something creative or something physical. Use the other parts of your brain and use your body. Less thinking, more creative stuff.

Guitar, painting, martial arts, sports, or just simple work around the house fixing and building things.

Nice to take a mental break once in awhile.
You are right, just get moving breaks it. This is a good answer, thanks!

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
go out and socialize

it´s that simple

edit: I mean with normal people, not with nerds

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Commandante said:
go out and socialize

it´s that simple

edit: I mean with normal people, not with nerds
I am not a nerd, I just think like one after doing my taxes or spending too much time on the computer.

I am not saying that is always a bad thing, it is just something I wanted to know how to get out of.

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
I am not a nerd, I just think like one after doing my taxes or spending too much time on the computer.

I am not saying that is always a bad thing, it is just something I wanted to know how to get out of.
I didn´t said you are a nerd.

But don´t go out with nerds, it won´t help you.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Commandante said:
I didn´t said you are a nerd.

But don´t go out with nerds, it won´t help you.
I was a bigger nerd in high school than I am now mostly due to outgrowing most vices that I was interested in. Now, I embrace it. I still play video games from time to time, but focus on other things as well. its the diversity that makes or breaks you.

I have two types of friends, the nerdy ones and the more normal ones. I don't hang out with the first group often mostly because our interests are only sort of aligned. Do as the poster above me suggested and limit the time you hang out with the really nerdy friends. They will not help your cause when it comes to personal growth or getting a cute chicks number.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
You are right, just get moving breaks it. This is a good answer, thanks!
Try a team sport. Soccer's fun and cheap. Good exercise and you need to learn how to deal with group dynamics.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What does it mean to think like a nerd? What do nerds think about?

I could be a nerd and not even know it.