Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to handle compliments thrown at you?

Bince

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hard time handling compliments thrown at me for whatever reason. Since I made changes in my life, they are coming in much more frequently and I have to adress that flaw in my game. The problem is, I end up running out of witty comments and it breaks my flow of ideas most of the time.

For example, a girl compares you to James Dean or an other relevant dead movie star, how would you turn it around or how would you play with it?

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it sounds like you're insecure in yourself and you dont feel you are worthy of these compliments.

When girls give me a compliment I just smile and say "thank you"...that's all it needs. Plus it's what hot girls do. Once you get the same compliment over and over again, it loses its potency. A girl I'm seeing gets told how hot she is daily so when a guy says shes hot she kinda just says thanks and thinks there's another one. Have that attitude, its annoying but attractive.

Bince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another general question, should you reciprocate the compliment ("You are not that ugly, yourself")? Or are you conceding territory by doing so?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Wright said:
When girls give me a compliment I just smile and say "thank you"...that's all it needs.
This is really all there is to it. I used to have trouble accepting compliments myself, but you should be able to graciously accept them. That's part of being socially aware. Not everything requires a C&F response.

As for returning the compliment, if there's something genuine you would like to reciprocate with, that's fine, but it isn't necessary.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup! Just say thanks and then continue what you were talking about. Don't give her a compliment just to say something though.

Brosy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just say "yeah, I work out" (in a self mocking way), even if the compliment is about my eyes or smile. I also have a real problem with compliments, saying thankyou just feels weird.

If it's from a girl I like though, I usually go with "not bad yourself luv!"

It really depends if you are trying to deflect or welcome the interest, because invariably that's what it is.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually say " I already know that". I don't need people to compliment me on obvious things. I also do the same likewise to them. It's pointless to compliment the obvious.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
I usually say " I already know that". I don't need people to compliment me on obvious things. I also do the same likewise to them. It's pointless to compliment the obvious.
I knew it wouldn't be long before that line popped up. Back in 2003, a group of 6 women told me how handsome I was, and I responded with that line. Needless to say, I was shutout for the rest of the night in that club. I simply just say thank you now.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faded Image said:
I knew it wouldn't be long before that line popped up. Back in 2003, a group of 6 women told me how handsome I was, and I responded with that line. Needless to say, I was shutout for the rest of the night in that club. I simply just say thank you now.
It depends how you carry yourself though. How many people do you know that would have the confidence to say that? People crave being complimented and flattered. I've seen guys and girls depressed because no one complimented them when they went out/in the club. Those 6 women proved that they were insecure and couldn't handle you. However, you proved that you are confident in yourself and don't live off of fake compliments and the opinion of others. Saying "thank you" is too fake and hypocritical for me. I'm not thankful for their compliment, since i already see that and know that. Shutout in that particular club? Go to another. Don't let the environment dictate you. You dictate the environment.