Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get stupid strength?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know genetics plays a part in strength and everything, but we can still train right? So then how can we train in such a way to where we can get stronger, more explosive, more powerful, more speed, etc. without getting huge? My brother and I have been wondering for a while now how we can get to that point but we don't know how. To give you an idea of what I mean by stupid strength, I'm talking about like Clarence Kennedy if any of you have seen him:

This shows him from ages 15-23. Yes, this dude was squatting 170 kg/375 lbs at 15 years old. He got a little bit bulkier at the end but I think it's because he may have started taking steroids after he injured his knee or something (apparently he put on 20 kg/~45 lbs in a year as an advanced lifter once he came back from his injury and he maintained relatively low bf%). But this guy is basically the epitome of what I want to become, especially when he was still slimmer but could somehow lift more weight than anyone I know. How can I get this way?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop crying about your BPD relationship and use the pain to drive you in the gym. That will get you going.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop crying about your BPD relationship and use the pain to drive you in the gym. That will get you going.
This was the most unhelpful thing ever. First off, I'm not in a BPD relationship. Second, I don't get heartbroken like the guys on here do. I just don't, it's who I am. Third, when you train for the reasons that I do, women are the last thing that preoccupy your mind in the weightroom.

I'm asking for actual fitness ideas, different training regimens, or logical reasoning for how this guy got so damn strong for his size, and what I can do to become the same. Training 'harder' doesn't mean **** if it'll just make me look bloated as hell. I don't need rage from women to fuel my workouts because that's training for all the wrong reasons. Why would I train to spite someone else? Why not do it to please and impress yourself?

So I ask again: How can I get as strong and as powerful as the dude in the video without getting bulkier? Not necessarily as strong, but pound for pound I'd like that.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can I get this way?

Im guessing he is quite small/ has has small levers to start with which makes big poundage easier to lift.. He's doing a lot of olympic lifting which is also very much about technique. If you wanna get strong without getting too much mass then train low reps and heavy weight. Go to a power lifting gym.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cross Fit or Power Lifting are the two great options. I'm a big guy, but my body just doesn't seem like to like heavy weight no matter what I do. Genetics really plays the biggest role. Imo of course.

Alexander Thomas

Reaction score
1. Never go to failure
2. No more than five reps per set
3. Lift heavy
4. Lift often
5. Take longer rest periods between sets
6. Focus on compound movements

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That weight is pretty impressive, but my God that dude doesn't even look like he lifts...whats the point?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That weight is pretty impressive, but my God that dude doesn't even look like he lifts...whats the point?
Because I am fine with how I look. Maybe some minor things, but to be honest I'm happy with my body. I just want to get some astronomical numbers like that guy.

Midnight_Oil

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Never go to failure
2. No more than five reps per set
3. Lift heavy
4. Lift often
5. Take longer rest periods between sets
6. Focus on compound movements

Pretty much. Lifting heavy is about training your CNS. If you regularly train to failure, it's hard on your body to recover from. Not saying you can find your limits once in a while, but the goal is add weight to the bar every week when you become an immediate lifter. You can't do that when your body can't recover from the stress you put on it.

The guy didn't put on a lean 45lbs in a year naturally. Not knocking his choices but it sounds like he used drugs.

Why are you worried about "getting huge"?

That's not going to happen by accident & you will get more positive attention from being huge than from being strong. The babes don't line up in the gym to see how much you can squat or press.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you worried about "getting huge"?

That's not going to happen by accident & you will get more positive attention from being huge than from being strong. The babes don't line up in the gym to see how much you can squat or press.
My physique is fine, but for my athletics I cannot be big and bulky. Any additional gains in size will be made with training for strength and power. Look good, but be GREAT. What's the point of looking strong if you're actually a weakling?

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got similar goals as you. I find it hard to gain strength, but funnily enough I have no problems getting bigger.

I recently increased my squat by 55lbs in a span of 6 weeks. I used the alphadestiny novice program.

I think the principle is to train the movement 3 or more times a week, 4-6 reps, with linear periodiodization of very small increments e.g 2lb increase per week.

Also the program needs to have been tested and reputable. If you make one up yourself it probably won't work, unless you're a expert training coach.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got similar goals as you. I find it hard to gain strength, but funnily enough I have no problems getting bigger.

I recently increased my squat by 55lbs in a span of 6 weeks. I used the alphadestiny novice program.

I think the principle is to train the movement 3 or more times a week, 4-6 reps, with linear periodiodization of very small increments e.g 2lb increase per week.

Also the program needs to have been tested and reputable. If you make one up yourself it probably won't work, unless you're a expert training coach.
I make up my own workouts and it's worked out pretty well for me so far. Back when I was lifting 6 days a week I put 30 lbs on my bench in about 5 or 6 weeks too. My squat is increasing regardless of anything really. Bench is stalling but I know why. And power cleans are only stalling because I'm focusing on technique right now (I don't do deadlifts). Plus I'm currently only lifting 3 days a week.

I already follow the concept of progressive overload. But I want to get stronger without gaining size. I was reading some stuff about strengthening your tendons or something? And CNS training as well. But Inhavent fully figured out how to train either without directly training the muscle, which causes it to get bigger.