Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get rid of scars on face?

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have a bad acne problem which left me with some scars on my face.

I've heard that there is something that you can put on your face that can gradually help you remove or lessen the scars..Could anyone please recommend something? (Please be specific) Thanks!

Reaction score
Slightly related is the stretch marks on my back, which I know will fade with time, and more specifically a good tan, but I'd also like to know if there is anything that I can use to lessen their appearance.

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a product out that I've heard of. I think it's called Mederma, or something similiar. I've heard good things, but I have no personal experience with it.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Mederma is supposed to heal all sorts of scars. I should run out and try it...

JohnGalt

Don Juan
Reaction score
How long ago were the acne lesions? I had a problem with acne and for about two years I had things on my face which looked almost like scars ( I think they are, but a different type than say if you had a large cut) but now they have faded out for the most part. I do have two kind of deep dents in my face from the acne though, they are like pock marks almost. There are surgical procedures for taking care of those types of scars and I know you are supposed to wait until your acne has either run its course or been treated successfully before you start fixing scars, because there is no sense in fixing one only to have more acne cause it to scar again.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mederma DOES NOT WORK. It won't get rid of the scar, trust me. There is no way to "remove" a scar completely. There are ways to conceal it and make it less noticable. Depending on the extent of it, you can get a laser surgery or micro dermabrasion done. This runs anywhere from $500 - $5000 dollars and is your best bet for the results you desire. After this you should get a pigment restoration done (so when you tan, there isn't a big white spot on your face). Ascar has no pigment inside of it. They can go in and darken the scar area so it reflects the overall tone of your face. After which, if you spend your days surfing (the beach, not the net) and tan then it will be less noticable. Be my guest and try mederma for 12 weeks and see how it works. Maybe you aren't as vain as I am assuming but if it is that important to you, then pony up for the dermatologist.