how to get ex back

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, when a woman comes back to you, it's a good idea not to drop everything and jump back in. You have to let her know in some way that she will have to work at getting back with you. If you don't, she will leave you sooner than you think.

I'm proud of you, but don't make it easy for her.

Maybe you should show her that you've had second thought, also. There are tons of women out there and maybe she's just not that beautiful flower you thought she was.

The reason guys always try to get a girl back is because they haven't had exposure. Exposer to other options. She did you wrong, and she should have to pay. Maybe you should keep the door open for other chicks and let her know it's open in the process.

You don't have her back yet, and you won't until she's trying to get you back. You don't keep a woman around unless she's trying to keep you.

DannykDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you established some ground rules with her before you took her back.

If not then the next time you talk to her very calmly tell her that she can't just give up on the relationship every time it gets rocky. Tell her that after what she did you can no longer trust her to be there for you and that you would just like to take this day by day because you're not sure if this is what you want.

I wouldn't make time for her anymore to let her know that your life is moving forward without her and since she decided to give up her spot something else has filled that spot. This means don't make your plans around her anymore make her work around your plans if she wants to be with you.

I have never got back together with an ex so I can't speak from experience on this, but every relationship I know where the two people break up and then get back together usually lasts less than a month. The person who started the first break always causes the second. I'm not saying this is gonna happen to you, but be on guard. Just don't let things go back to the way they were and it might not happen.

newbeginning

Don Juan
Reaction score
amazing what something as simple as leaving her alone can do. Only when left alone will she see what she would be missing and think about what she is about to do. She was going through a tiny phase where she wanted to explore new options and see diff people, but she realized that is just not her. I know you guys are thinking that i shouldnt take whatever she said to heart. However, knowing her as much as i do, i am sure that she means what she says emotionally. I will make her work at it to get our relationship back on track.

Without your advices i would still be calling her and asking her to give it another try. What i really shouldve done when she announced that she wants to break was to tell her my feelings and leave her the hell alone. It seemed like the more i pushed the matter the more she pushed back.

I think this whole ordeal has given us the insight of how much we mean to each other. I forecast a healthier and livelier future together.

Thanks sosuave

dannyegg4575

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
newbeginning said:
What i really shouldve done when she announced that she wants to break was to tell her my feelings and leave her the hell alone.
You did right by NOT doing that. When you did that, her respect for you would've plummeted even further and for her to even remotely consider coming back to you will be close to nothing. Trust me on this one.

i know that this is really what you want and i know that probably is the right thing. but at this moment in time, you have to really start considering working on yourself and ask why you broke up in the first place.

Listen guy, getting together is a piece of cake. Staying together is not. when there is a cut in the relationship, there is going to be a lot of work to do. Don't try to push it anymore than you need to. Learn that she is there only as a bonus in your life, NOT your life. you make her work for you too much and you'll see her resenting you at some point. You make her work little, and you'll see that she'll go out with her friends and try on other options. Remember, too much togetherness causes neediness, too much time apart causes resentment. You must from hereon in balance.

Each day, if you have to, write a journal remembering what you went through in this ordeal. otherwise, those who fail to remember history will be doomed to repeat it.