how to emotionally detach and be a pua

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am beginning to get good at picking up women. I like doing it, and I enjoy the sex but when the 'relationship' ends, as it will, I kind of feel slightly emotionally involved, kind of like the lesser pain of splitting from a girlfriend.

To give you an example, I met a girl from America in a bar, she was an exchange student, so I took her out for a few weeks, we had an awesome time, enjoyed her company, then she went back to America. I knew it was going to happen, so i'm not really sad or hurt, just feel a bit funny.

Recently I met another girl, took her out a few times, great sex, now i'm getting the old 'not answering my call bit, which is obviously blowing me out in the same way we blow girls out. Feel a bit weird about that too.

It's strange, on the one hand I don't want a serious relationship with these girls, and I want to sleep with lots of women, but at the same time I really like these girls and miss them when it's over...kind of.

Does anybody else feel like this?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I get this way sometimes too. It usually doesn't happen to ONS, but if I invest any decent amount of time with a girl (like a couple of weeks) I do feel somewhat attached, especially after sex. It's best if you both know the situation and realize that it won't get past a certain point. Unfortunately for a few girls, I failed to give them the notice. I don't really have any solid advice, because I kind of suffer from this as well, what I usually do is replace the feelings with another girl.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That sounds completely normal to me. Why would you ever want to emotionally detach yourself from people you invest in?

Maybe your asking the wrong question. Emotional detachment is not glamorous by any means.

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
fonz, you make a very good point...how on earth are we to pick up all the women that we want to and not feel bad? or is this feeling a natural curse that goes with the game?

Chipleader

Don Juan
Reaction score
The question you really need to ask yourself is: Do you really want to be a PUA?