Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to eat BIG.

Reaction score
I've been going to the gym more and more and I'm having trouble keeping the food down. I am not hungry and I don't feel like eating at all. I shove the food down but it tastes like concrete. No matter how tasty the food is.... it still tastes bad.

Some days I feel like eating a cow, simply by doing nothing more than sitting around. How do you guys eat big. How do you keep a huge appetite?

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I got the same problem.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're just both lightweights. :D

Best advice I can give is to find a way to make your food taste good.

Plain oatmeal gets old really quick, but add splenda one day, cinammon another, salt another, all fruit jam another and peanut butter another and you've got five different ways of eating the same food. You can rotate this every day and so you're eating five different oatmeals in five days.

You can do rice with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice/vinegar..

Protein I've never had a problem getting down.. chicken is marinaded for 24 hours then grilled to perfection, beef is made into a chilli/bolognese concoction with plum tomatoes, chilli/curry/tabasco sauce and a few other things, eggs I love so have never had a problem (I often drink them raw though), tuna does very well with lemon pepper and a little fatfree mayo/salad cream or my personal favourite, lowfat yogurt.

Steak doesn't need anything to taste like heaven. :D

Dress your salads, lightly salt/butter your veggies.

If all else fails, put the solid food into a blender and drink it down - yes it'll taste like ass but you'll be a meal to the good in just a couple of swallows.

Do not underestimate cardio - even a brief low-intensity session in the morning before breakfast is enough to get you eating like a horse all day - best natural appetite booster.

Picture yourself where you want to be, think of your food as fuel and not nutrition, remember that even if YOU don't want the food your body does - you will be what you eat, if you don't eat anything you'll be a scrawny nobody. If you eat various chunks of cow then you'll end up quite beefy. You want to become a human food processor remember?

Look at your food plate and say "Aint nuttin to it but to do it" or something. :D

Okay, I'm hungry now. I've had 500g + of protein but I've still got the munchies. I don't think that chicken'll last long enough to be marinaded, hrm..

Reaction score
Thanks Warboss! And I'm no lightweight, 5'10 180lbs (no clue about bodyfat but I don't have a gut) I'm just fed up with having to eat concrete!

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by brucevangeorge
Thanks Warboss! And I'm no lightweight, 5'10 180lbs (no clue about bodyfat but I don't have a gut) I'm just fed up with having to eat concrete!

5'10 and 180 lbs with no gut (that should be at less than 12% bf) sounds really good, keep up the good work, man!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem.. but I meant in the eating department, not the muscles - good stats, keep it up. :up:

duttylove

Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt there some kind of pills you can get to increase your apetite? i have a similar problem. i can eat nice tasting foods but most of the time im not hungry and i strugle eat a whole meal. i know theres apetite surpressants but is there one to increase it. hmm thinking about who wants a "make u eat pill" but heres to hoping

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
No problem.. but I meant in the eating department, not the muscles - good stats, keep it up. :up:
aww come on WA, you and I both know that 180 @ 5'10" is a lightweight ;) *Grins*

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not be women about this.

What you have to do is CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION OF FOOD!

For us, it's sole purpose is making us grow and giving us energy!

Don't worry about how it tastes or that you don't feel like eating or whatever you want to say...just get the f*cking sh*t down!

One of my "luxury" foods is cottage cheese mixed with a quarter cup of lentils for christ sake! But you don't see me complaining!

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what WA said make your food taste good.

Another thing I would recommend...if you are not already doing it, is to eat more meals per day i.e. if you want to get it 3600 calories per day, it's much easier eating 8 x 450 kcal meals than it is eating 3 x 1200 kcal meals or 4 x 900 kcal meals

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lift weights and aren't hungry?

Damn, when I get home from a session of squats at the gym I'm ravenous. I'll eat like a pig and be ravenous again in an hour. I'll eat like a pig again and be ravenous again 2 hours later. I'd probably consume 2500 - 3000 calories in the 3 hour period following a squat or deadlift session, and I'm hungry for it so I don't even feel I'm forcing it down.

NYtomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im starved. Im on a cut and my diet is just food to sustain and not to enjoy. I have a cheat day every other Friday so I dont go nuts.
1st thing as soon as I get up, 1 opt nutrition whey shake w/water
Cardio
3 egg whites and a piece of dry toast
lunch turkey breast w/vegetable mix
afternoon snack tuna packet with 3 crackers
dinner
chicken or steak w/vegetables and brown rice
weight workout
1.5 serving shake
right before bed either small protein meal or a casein protein shake.

This is everyday and its so plain it drives me nuts.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NYtomb
Im starved. Im on a cut and my diet is just food to sustain and not to enjoy. I have a cheat day every other Friday so I dont go nuts.
1st thing as soon as I get up, 1 opt nutrition whey shake w/water
Cardio
3 egg whites and a piece of dry toast
lunch turkey breast w/vegetable mix
afternoon snack tuna packet with 3 crackers
dinner
chicken or steak w/vegetables and brown rice
weight workout
1.5 serving shake
right before bed either small protein meal or a casein protein shake.

This is everyday and its so plain it drives me nuts.
You shouldn't be starving all the time.. just means your metabolism is shot and the last thing your body wants to do is give up stored energy (fat).

When trying to lose bodyfat, keep a high intake of clean quality nutrients and do extra cardio. It's healthier and more effective in my opinion, and this way you can keep on gaining strength and muscle (therefore catabolism isn't even an issue).

NYtomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't be starving all the time.. just means your metabolism is shot and the last thing your body wants to do is give up stored energy (fat).

When trying to lose bodyfat, keep a high intake of clean quality nutrients and do extra cardio. It's healthier and more effective in my opinion, and this way you can keep on gaining strength and muscle (therefore catabolism isn't even an issue).
MAybe starving isnt the best word to use. Im hungry, theres no issue but its not like I am about to go nuts. Its my body's way of saying it realizes I am cutting, thats all. Usually some water shuts it up.
30-35% of my diet is still fat in the form of fish oil or olive oil add to the vegetables, or shake. I didnt really include it or some other little things here and there on the list but gave that diet as basically what I eat. My breakdown is around 30 fat, 30 carb and 40 protein. In those vegetable mixes I have potatoes.
My metabolism isnt shot and I am not losing strength after 3 weeks or any of the other times I have done this. (Ive been doing this bulk, cut, sustain cycle for over 6 years)
Im only losing about 1.5-2.5 pounds a week and I will be off this cut towards the end of Feb. Usually when I go on these cut cycles I lose 1-3 pounds at the most of lean mass which at my weight isnt bad.
Let me get it out that I am not trying to get huge, just stay cut at around 190-200 pounds at 5'11".
I am an avid backpacker and I do a bit of running this season. In the summer I do quite a bit of biking, swimming, sea kayaking and more running. I also compete in 5ks, kayak races and half marathons (id like to do a few tri or biathlons this year) which is why I like to keep my weight in the 190-200 range. Right now I am 206 and started the cut at 211 the day after Christmas.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mistake then mate - though 1-3 lbs of lean mass loss is bad for anyone's weight, and a completely unnecessary loss in my view. It could take you 2-3 months to put that much muscular weight on again? Don't you feel like you're taking two steps forward and then one step back?

Still, if you're happy, stick with it .. I just work damn hard for lean mass gains and am not prepared to give any up for the sake of getting abs a few weeks sooner than if I'd taken it slow and kept on gaining muscle while leaning down.

NYtomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
My mistake then mate - though 1-3 lbs of lean mass loss is bad for anyone's weight, and a completely unnecessary loss in my view. It could take you 2-3 months to put that much muscular weight on again? Don't you feel like you're taking two steps forward and then one step back?

Still, if you're happy, stick with it .. I just work damn hard for lean mass gains and am not prepared to give any up for the sake of getting abs a few weeks sooner than if I'd taken it slow and kept on gaining muscle while leaning down.
No big deal, your critique is welcomed and personally if someone posts here they should welcome or at the least expect a response.
I do sort of see it as a step back, albeit a little one. In race season I lose a bit more mass as well due to the training. I came down close to 180 this past summer. Putting on weight was never an issue for me and in fact was a problem at one point. In high school I got a little too big between junior and senior year (hit the big 240) and from then on I have had to really control what I eat to stay where I want to be bf % wise.
Looking up my family tree you will see the majority of my family members are very large people. I would have to say genetics has something to do with it, but I am doing what I can to avoid looking like them.
This diet keeps me full of energy and my immune system is working 100% as I hardly ever catch a cold let alone something more severe. If losing some lbm during a cut means I can avoid blowing up, then so be it. Its kind of like a little loss for the end goal of staying fit.
I am happy with it and maybe I do need to sit down and reevaluate this diet but its working now so I have no real need to worry. Everyone's body handles things differently.
Like I said before comments are always welcomed.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Add fats, like olive oils, etc, with healthy breads. Calories add up quick.

With protein shakes, make 1 for 100g, and drink it over an hour. Mix milk, too.

If you can't do it in 5 or 6, get it in 8. Just eat all day. All the time.

Eat nuts, like Almonds, because they're dense.

Fruit, too. Add fruit, a few more calories, antioxidants, vitamins, etc.

Add juices to eat meal, or milk to your dinner meal.

After a protein shake, I'm always hungry, unless I eat a fruit with it, or bread w/oil. Etc.

It's habit, really. And it's about metabolism. At first, i couldn't down a tub of cottage cheese. Now, that with fruit and oil is 1 meal, or snack.

You extend your stomach. At 1 point on cheat days, I could down a foot long sub, and then eat 1 hour later.

Metabolism + habit = eating big.

A-Unit

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, a little off track guys. The post is eat big not cutting down.
NYTomb gave a very mature response though, which is why I followed it up. Could use more people like him.

A-Unit, a foot long sub is a cheat meal!? :eek: