Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how to deal with her wanting a 2 month break?

ian1972

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this and my first post so here goes. I hope I'm in the right forum for this.

I'll try to keep it short.

She wants a 2 month break, what does this mean and how to deal with it.
Been together 5 years, my opinion of 70 - 90 percent good times and the rest arguing, disagreements, her feeling like I don't care enough. We love each other, well I think she does but before Christmas I went out with the lads and forgot to send her a goodnight text, she went off on one the next day we spoke on the phone and requested a 2 month no contact break. She was off to America to visit family for two weeks shortly after which left me in bits for a few weeks. (I don't go out often so that's not the problem)

Soon as she was back I went to see her to clarify what was happening, rules etc. She said if we were to move forward its how it has to be. After a 30 min conversation and a tear or two from me we hugged and I gave her a short passionate kiss which she reciprocated sort of under the circumstances. We have spoken on the phone since and the odd text but I chose to respect her wishes and give her some time.

Thing is it's killing me. Do I chase or do I see the 'no physical contact' rule through. Is it a test? or do I see it through?

Is it over and she thinks that she is letting me down softly or is there hope? is it worth hanging on for? my head is a mess. Need advice, insight, help....anything.

I'm 44 she's a very young looking 61

Any more info needed about me or my partner or our lives I'll be happy to answer....just ask, I,m quite open.

Thanks in advance

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Oh my lord, we're close in age, and she could be the grandmother of the women who I date.

She has blessed you by leaving: giving you the opportunity to discover your self-worth.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her menopausal arse is bouncing on another guy's c*ck (assuming they have lube).

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Women who are truly into you don't risk losing you". My honest opinion.... Get rid of her, she's doing you a favor in the long run.

You should always have options. Also, please have better standards for yourself when it comes to dating women....

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it over and she thinks that she is letting me down softly or is there hope?
Assume it's over. Let her convince you otherwise, but don't hold your breath. ACT like it is, and start looking for a replacement. Or several.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assume it's over. Let her convince you otherwise, but don't hold your breath. ACT like it is, and start looking for a replacement. Or several.
She probably wants to test the new guy out... You may as well be slaying babes left and right during this break. Or get close to one that's already on the back burner.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'd say "Sounds like a plan. I didnt have the heart to tell you but you are way too old for me anyway. Good luck"

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this and my first post so here goes. I hope I'm in the right forum for this.

I'll try to keep it short.

She wants a 2 month break, what does this mean and how to deal with it.
Been together 5 years, my opinion of 70 - 90 percent good times and the rest arguing, disagreements, her feeling like I don't care enough. We love each other, well I think she does but before Christmas I went out with the lads and forgot to send her a goodnight text, she went off on one the next day we spoke on the phone and requested a 2 month no contact break. She was off to America to visit family for two weeks shortly after which left me in bits for a few weeks. (I don't go out often so that's not the problem)

Soon as she was back I went to see her to clarify what was happening, rules etc. She said if we were to move forward its how it has to be. After a 30 min conversation and a tear or two from me we hugged and I gave her a short passionate kiss which she reciprocated sort of under the circumstances. We have spoken on the phone since and the odd text but I chose to respect her wishes and give her some time.

Thing is it's killing me. Do I chase or do I see the 'no physical contact' rule through. Is it a test? or do I see it through?

Is it over and she thinks that she is letting me down softly or is there hope? is it worth hanging on for? my head is a mess. Need advice, insight, help....anything.

I'm 44 she's a very young looking 61

Any more info needed about me or my partner or our lives I'll be happy to answer....just ask, I,m quite open.

Thanks in advance
Do not chase. Do not reward her bad behaviour with your love affection and attention.
What she is going to expect is that you stay single and she does what and who she pleases.
Dude i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only reason a women requests a "break" is because she wants to go have sex with other guys. That is the only reason. They want to experience new guys guilt free.

Dump. Next. Move on. Your relationship is dead if you agree to this. Every time she wants to pull a power trip on you she will do this.

Make sure when she says " we are on break, " and i will talk to you in 2 months you reply with "sound great. I'm going to have a blast dating and f@cking othet chicks. Bye bye. "

Then delete her from all forms of contact. All forms.

Next. Go meet new women preferably ones not 61.