how to build your arms

dave007

Don Juan
Reaction score
My physique is good for a 16 year old...i have a strong chest, abs and legs..but its my arms that give way..no matter how much mass i have gained..my arms make me look really weak...any advice??

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dave, how much do you weigh and what are your lifts for the big 3 lifts? (squats, deadlifts, bench press)

Ultimately big arms come down to overall amount of muscle mass you hold. Therefore if you add some serious muscle mass using the mass building exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press, barbell rows/pullups/pulldowns, shoulder press), and do your bicep curls as well, you're gonna increase the size of your arms. :)

-shaun

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gain 40lbs of overall musculature and your arms should have another couple of inches on them

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on the core lifts: squat, bench press, deadlit, rows,... & eat more. When you got those two your arms will look big.

min619

Don Juan
Reaction score
dave007 said:
My physique is good for a 16 year old...i have a strong chest, abs and legs..but its my arms that give way..no matter how much mass i have gained..my arms make me look really weak...any advice??
the general rule is for every 15 pounds you gain (of quality muscle) you will gain 1" on your arms. the arms make up a very small portion of our bodies in terms of muscle, and truthfully, the best way to build the arms is to work on heavy compound exercises. i know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but this is the truth.

I would do bench presses, squats, dead lifts, hanging cleans, and other heavy, mass building exercises.

Let me tell you what you should NOT do:
* lift arms everyday
* lift arms more than twice a week
* spend 10 hours in the gym doing 1000 different exercises.

be smart about your training and diet.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember, that we all have different genetic traits. Some guys have more Type 2 fibers in theiir chest, back or whatever, and won't have much of them in their arms, or forearms, etc.
Don't beat yourself up.
You're a kid. Just 16.
You've got plenty of time.
Just don't be so over zealous and eager that you do everything wrong, andnever get results, and eventually injure yourself.
Don't become one of those guys that always say :"Yeah, I used to work out. I used to be buff, dude."
Do all the things the guys say to do on here, You'll do fine. Don't try to hurry up the process.