How to be confident in a *Practical* way.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is for the guys that want more than average girls.

(Btw, most of you hardcore AFCs or dudes who dont' have their lives together should not even *consider* going for cute or hot girls right now - you are taking things way too fast. Remember - one baby step at a time!! Just practice on the average or UGs to gain confidence, fvck them on the down-low (don't be seen in public with them!) to get sex-practice.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, all the positive mental imaging isn't going to do a damn thing for you in being confident in yourself. What you've gotta do is just GET YOUR SHYT TOGETHER. **** that 'grab your balls and just do it' crap. Once you have your shyt together, your basic state of mind will coalese to the point that the confidence becomes GENUINE. You actually know and understand your personal worth, so you are more calm, confident, and just more sure of yourself. If your out of shape, broke, living with your folks, etc, then you won't have that mind-set.

If you don't have the basics of pad, ride, job, style, and fitness together, then no amount of positive thinking or forced approaches in a state of low confidence is going to do a thing for you. Can you imagine getting off at McDonalds, stinking of french-fries grease, coming home to your mother's place, putting on your outdated wardrobe then sucking in your huge gut, then catching a cab to the nearest nightspot?

Exactly. The thought of you looking and smelling bad, trying to bring a girl back to your momma's place, having no ride, etc. will KILL your confidence. You gotta WORK to improve those things before hand.

Let me just run a quick list by you to jog your memory - I'm talking about the MINIMUM basics here:

- You have to have your own place. It's got to look neat, and somewhat stylish/comfortable.

- You have got to have your own ride. The nicer it is, the better - but that isn't the make-or-break part. What *is* important is that you have SOMETHING that moves. Even a motorbike is cool (or even better depending on the chick).

- You have got to have a job where you don't need to BS or fib out of embarrassment. If you work at a mall or at a McDonald's, then shiet - get a better job.

- Of course, if you want a better job, you need to get your qualifications. So go to school/college, or if you're older, go back to school.

- Also, being in school also puts you in an interesting position, as a school is like a closed-circuit environment, like a fishbowl. This is especially true for schools/campuses that aren't in large cities like LA or SF or NYC. Most of the 'breeding activities' in the student body happens 'in-house' -- i.e. you don't have men from the outside 'real world' such as fancy-pants stockbrokers/lawyers/musicians/actors/whatever, grad students from other colleges, etc. compete against you for the co-ed chickies (I get that distinct vibe in large-city campuses like UCLA/USC/NYU). It's like being a big fish in a small pond, really - if you can become confident in the college circuit, then it's very good training for the real world outside of the campus, where the competition gets pretty intense. So if you're fortunate enough to be in college/going to college - hone your skills there!

If you have those basics laid down - and *ONLY IF* you have those basics laid down -- now you are ready to fine-tune your gaming for mackin' on the HB 9-10 babies. ;)

(NB: I know that some of you kids in college and HS are going to start giving me lip about your being with a hot chick despite being broke - so SAVE IT. You are merely getting by on your looks/style/personality/social status within the close environment of college. Once you get out of school and into the real world, things get even more complicated.)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump - this is important.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, this should be in tips.

Second off, I like the gist of this post. I DO believe that imaging helps you TONS, though.

However, I don't think you necessarily NEED a pad or a job.
Especially kids in high-school.

Also, you say some guys are just getting by on status and looks and personality. WELL, if that's all they need then that's all they need.

However, I think the older you get, the more important shyt like a job and a home becomes. This stuff could be important if you want a LTR. However, you need pretty much none what you mentioned except a body and game to score a ONS.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
First off, this should be in tips.

Second off, I like the gist of this post. I DO believe that imaging helps you TONS, though.

However, I don't think you necessarily NEED a pad or a job.
Especially kids in high-school.

Also, you say some guys are just getting by on status and looks and personality. WELL, if that's all they need then that's all they need.

However, I think the older you get, the more important shyt like a job and a home becomes. This stuff could be important if you want a LTR. However, you need pretty much none what you mentioned except a body and game to score a ONS.

Well actually, the way I see it is that if you have a good education, are dress well and are fit, have a good home and car, etc. -- you won't have to play the bullshiznit games of convincing yourself that 'you're the man' (that's what I meant by 'imaging'). You'll just..... know. Simple as that. That in turn creates the calm collected, confident Alpha-Male mindset that is so effective in getting women.

Also... do you honestly believe that the CREAM of the crop, top 2% women in the world are willing to just settle for mere looks and personality? HELL NO. They want money, and power too. They want everything. That's what the tip was trying to get at: you wanna be Alpha enough to attract the Alpha Females? Then you'd better get up, and get sumpin'. :p If your goals aren't quite as high, and you just want a cute chick to spend some time with (or just fvck) - then use some common-sense before answering (not trying to sound defensive here...) - of course you don't need *everything* going for you! You can even bullshyt and lie about yourself if what you want to do is just get laid by a pretty young thing. But that won't help your real confidence, either. It's a house of cards built on sand.

And I already mentioned that this doesn't really apply in closed-circuit environments like highschool or (some) colleges. You can definately get by on looks or social proof alone there. But in the real world, it becomes increasingly important to have your shyt together to get anywhere with beautiful or worthwhile women. That was my main point. And my bad for not putting it in Tips. :p

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not trying to sound defensive here
Jack, you keep reapeating this throughout all your posts. Why are you so defensive against defensiveness? Jesus Christ, Jack!

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good post.

First, who cares where it should be.

I like your thoughts on the diffrent environments there are. Places like NYC and LA (I have only been to LA once) are the most cometitive places in the world. As Puffy Daddy said "If you can make it here you can make it anywhere." They are alot more competitive than "closed circuit" environments like highschool (maybe college) and small towns.

In CC places it is harder to be "out classed." Everyone is basically the same and only trivial things seperate the lowest from the highest. In a small town there isn't going to be some dude pop up that can fly her over to Paris for the weekend for example. In other places there are.

In CC places you can get by with just a few things going for you if they are the right few things. For example we all know some dude that got all the chicks in high school becuase he drove a nicer car than his parents and played on the football team. That was all that guy needed back then and it sufficed during its time. However now that same guy has a $10 job.

When planning for life it is almost like you have to pick your spots and then take advantage of them.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the general premise of this post -- that in order to get hot chicks, you need to have the other areas of your life running smoothly.

But I think a lot of the guys on this board are in the "closed circuit" enviroment of college. Where you still need style and fitness, but not a pad, ride, or decent job. When everybody's working minimum wage jobs around campus, riding the train and bus, and living in a cramped dorm room, it's not going to be a handicap if you're doing the same thing.

-Dan

_XT_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gOLDENBoy83
Not that easy to have your own apartment or house and a nice car while still going to college.
In Germany, most students don't have a car (due to enormous taxes) and share an apartment with one or more roommates or live in a dormitory.

How is it in the US?
I can say that in New Zealand most if not all people around my age (24) have a car, but have to share a house with other people - flatmates (room mates as they say in the US) or else they are still at home with their parents. Most people start buying their own houses when they are in their early 30s.

Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
This post is for the guys that want more than average girls.
I have all the confidence in the world and will not hesitate to go after a girl 20 years younger than me; however, in my environment rarely do I see an above average chick worth pursuing. Most young girls as well as older girls are fat, fatter and fattest!!! Figuratively speaking, my pickings are 'slim'!!

Jake, I disagree with you - every DJ should pursue only the hottest chicks first and then go down from there!! Why do otherwise???

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea i guess those are ways to gain confidence

but also if you are in college/university age..
knowing that you are the sh%t ..and that you have great potential for future earning capacity ..
that's all you need ...

plus it all depends on age offcourse
if you are late 20's you need all that materialistic ****e to match up with chicks about your age...
becoz they will want to settle down etc etc

younger girls are just looking for fun

what you have mentioned is only a method of scoring HB's
you can score younger HB's (if you yourself is young)..
and also lots of other means and ways to score HB's

its not all about the materialistic ****e
you might have all that ..but be a total fvck ...with no personality ....a complete tool bag...and no matter what materialistic ****e you have ...scoring an HB for a LTR will be just as difficult as for the highschool student

Reaction score
If you don't have the basics of pad, ride, job, style, and fitness together, then no amount of positive thinking or forced approaches in a state of low confidence is going to do a thing for you. Can you imagine getting off at McDonalds, stinking of french-fries grease, coming home to your mother's place, putting on your outdated wardrobe then sucking in your huge gut, then catching a cab to the nearest nightspot?

True. The basics of pimp/playerizm "clothes, car, convo and crib "

You hit some shyt right on the nail.