Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To Ask For Digits ! The Reciprocity Law

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of asking for her digits, do the following
you tear out a piece of paper in two write down your number on it while saying " here are my details "
then give her the other bit of paper with your pen
9 times out of 10 she ll write down her number also ( LAW OF RECIPROCITY REGAN CIALDINI )

as the convo is non sexual it s only natural you shoul exchange numbers after gaining some rapport naturally ( some good vibes ) ( after 2 to 3 minutes

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
That way if she calls you know she is interested. If you call, it's so hard to tell if she's interested.
You'll know she's interested if she shows up to the date you talked to her about!

But OP, I do the same thing in a way. I've noticed girls take their guard down a lot more when you trade phone numbers rather than just get hers. Plus, I've found she's more likely to pick up when you call because she knows it's YOU and it's not some random number.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
qwertyguy said:
you should never ASK for a womans number, you should Tell her to give it to you.

What i do is: i put my phone in front of her and say :here...put your number in my phone"

it is more direct, shows you are a man by TELLING her what to do not asking her , this way she has a much harder time saying no because you have really only presented her with one option, to put her number in your phone but when you ask her she can either say yes or no.
I see what you mean but if her mind was made up as a no then it won't have a good ending either way.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
qwertyguy said:
you should never ASK for a womans number, you should Tell her to give it to you.

What i do is: i put my phone in front of her and say :here...put your number in my phone"

it is more direct, shows you are a man by TELLING her what to do not asking her , this way she has a much harder time saying no because you have really only presented her with one option, to put her number in your phone but when you ask her she can either say yes or no.
This only works if you sanitize your phone's address book. Megan's gonna become awfully suspicious if she puts her name and number in there and finds out she's in the middle of a screen full of other Megans.

I once kept a spare phone for that purpose, which I kept sanitized. I had Grand Central push calls to both phones.

Bottom line it doesn't really matter how you swap numbers as long as you don't incriminate yourself in the process.

James Dupri

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something funny I read on another forum...

These guys would print out Fake ATM or Bank Receipts, and for their account balance, they'd put some outrageous number like, $138,491.20

They'd take it out of their wallet with a bunch of other papers underneath it (so it'd appeared random)

Anyways, they'd write down their number on the back of this receipt, and instruct the girl to call at a certain time. 9 times out of 10, these girls did.

When the girls inquired why they don't have a car, or still lived with their mothers, they'd make up something like to the effect "I want to get a girl who loves me for me, and not what I have", and they'd eat it right up.

Someone on the forum created a Webpage where you could make your own fake receipts from a template, and print them out, I'll try to see if I can find the link.

James Dupri

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think giving the Girl YOUR number is alot more effective for 3 Reasons:

1. When you call a girl, and she's like "Hello, who is this" and you're like "Hey...this is Brian...you know...the guy you met at the mall today" it kind of makes you look "beneath her", and puts you in the position of you trying to qualify to her...

2. When you give a girl your number, she'll be suprised because few guys rarely ever do this. The average guy doesn't have enough confidence to believe that a Girl would actually call him, which is why he'd instead ask for her number, because he believes his chances are better going that route. So giving your her number subconsciously communicates you are high-status.

3. When you instruct her to call at a certain time, you are establising MYSTERY/INTRIGUE/DOMINANCE all at the same time. I do think Qwertyguy's suggestion of instructing her to put her number in your phone is better than asking for her number, but it lacks any Intrigue or Mystery, nor does it provide you with much value (unless you have an nice phone or something).

And as reyalp said, it has the potential to backfire - if you have too many names in your address book, she may become suspicious. If you have too little names, she may think your a socially awkward loser or something.

12AJ12

Don Juan
Reaction score
You raise some valid points James. It almost makes me want to give it a try just out of interest. The only flaw in your logic that is a deal closer for me, is: if you give out your number as much as you normally would take down numbers... you're going to have a hell of a hard time remembering who you met where when why and which one looks like what.

"Hey this is Megan"
"Oh?"
"Ya. Remeber? We met at the club?"
"Um... ya?"
"You asked me for advice on clingy ex girlfriends?"
"a.... ya....?"
"Remember?!? You kept making fun of me for like three minuets? then we really hit it off?"
"..."
"I was wearing a red dress and I have double D's"
"OH MEGAN!!!"

and then you think to yourself "sh*T, I gotta start changing up my routines."

at least when you take down a girls number, you can jot down key details when they're not looking.

hondo928

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with this is there are tons of girls who refuse to make first contact. It doesn't matter how much they like you some girls will not bother . Why? They can go out at night and smile and get a guy with the balls to call or txt. Also they may believe the guy has to initiate.
I always exchange numbers some will contact you and others you can contact if you want,

elpasorichard

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with this is there are tons of girls who refuse to make first contact. It doesn't matter how much they like you some girls will not bother . Why? They can go out at night and smile and get a guy with the balls to call or txt. Also they may believe the guy has to initiate.
I always exchange numbers some will contact you and others you can contact if you want,
This was my thought. Not so much the "balls" part, but the fact that many women "refuse" to be the one to initiate. Women HATE rejection. They hate it, and don't have to deal with it, because the way our society is, men initiate 99% of the time.
The best thing to do is to exchange numbers. I prefer to get her cell phone number, and then call her number so she will have mine once I call. This also eliminates women who might have been trying to give you a fake phone number, because they don't have the guts to say they aren't interested, have a boyfriend, etc.

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
Swapping

you tear up a bit of paper and say " i ll give you my details

then you give her the other half WITH YOR PEN
it works cos it involves the RECIPROCITY PRINCIPLE
I t s consideerd socially normal for people who ve BEEN friendly towards each other to exchange numbers AS FRIENDS it s completely NON SEXUAL ! are you with me on this one ?
asking forher number is sexual or coul be interpreted as such

riddler
PARIS
OCTOBRE 2009

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
And as reyalp said, it has the potential to backfire - if you have too many names in your address book, she may become suspicious. If you have too little names, she may think your a socially awkward loser or something.
i don't think a woman can be suspicious of that at first glance because a man may have alot of woman in his life:

Sisters, Cousins, In Laws, Friends, Aquaintances & Woman who they're interested in.

1. When you call a girl, and she's like "Hello, who is this" and you're like "Hey...this is Brian...you know...the guy you met at the mall today" it kind of makes you look "beneath her", and puts you in the position of you trying to qualify to her...
yeah, how interested can she be if she does'nt have your number (at least after you call her the 1st time) and never initiates a phone call ?
hell, not even initiating any interactions between you two.

No matter how you get a woman's digits i think a woman should have a guys number too.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this should be easy guys....come on lets just get real and ask for the number when the time is right...follow your heart and everything should follow through.

ElGuapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
People don't really use paper these days.....at least not people that I know. Mostly it's just cell to cell. I think it's easiest to type her name in the phonebook and then ask her to enter the number. As soon as she does, give her a missed call so that she's got your number.

And yeah, girls rarely call unless they're REALLY interested. But it's still good to let her know your number so that she'll pick up. Some chicks don't answer phone calls from unknown numbers. Chances are, if she puts your name in her phone book, she'll answer.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
getting a phone number dont mean ****. getting a phone number is the easy way for the woman to get you out of her face. I know lots of guys who got phone numbers and had their pride hurt because they woman never answers or blows them off.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
getting a phone number dont mean ****. getting a phone number is the easy way for the woman to get you out of her face. I know lots of guys who got phone numbers and had their pride hurt because they woman never answers or blows them off.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea but a phone number can be the 1st step...getting a number and leaving is a can do still in certain situations, you should at least chat her up for a little while after if you can, it's different all the time, sometimes i'll just grab their cellphone and punch it in, sometimes i'll just give them my number first and expect them to give me theirs back, i'll ask for it here and there the right way, dude a milf in my class just gave her number without me asking for it. anything can work. you can use pieces of paper, i mean think about it if the opportunity is there and you can tell she's interested and you don't have a cellphone on you wouldn't you go to a store to pick up a pen and paper for a girl's number.