Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How should I tell her I was on a date?

Spyder213

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so I had a date last night with a girl and while I was with her I get a text from another girl that im interested in telling me shes gonna be sad if I didnt go to this party that night. Now of course I didnt go to the party so I know shes gonna call me or something today asking me why I didnt go.

So what should I tell her? And Im not asking this because Im afraid of her or anything like that. I just want to know how to tell her I was out with this other girl without her getting offended or losing interest. I know she doesnt really need to know anyway but Im not real big on lying anyway..

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO!!!!!!

I suck with women and I know this much. Let her imagine what you were doing last night.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is DonJoseCantosie's other screen name.

Scion, you suck with women so you got no idea. Your making assumptions based on FEAR of LOSS.

Topic Creator, it doesn't matter if you tell her or not. If she's still interested....it'll intrigue her even more. Course it should be done in a a no big deal way. If you just want to answer what you did without fearing the outcome, tell her. But don't be surprised if she's still interested :).

As David X, who gives a fvck what she thinks. You should be more worried about what your thinking about than what she is. Anything can be in her head :)

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heyjose25points said:
Scion, you suck with women so you got no idea. Your making assumptions based on FEAR of LOSS.
maybe your right that I have no idea because I never have success with women. But it still is my opinion that it's better to leave a bit of mystery when it comes to women. I'm not saying lie to her but if she asks what you did instead of saying "I had a date" it's better to say "last night? I just out having a couple drinks" (substitute drinks for whatever you did).

I know I'm gonna be flamed for giving my opinion because of lack of experience with women but I don't give a flying ****.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you tell her that you were out with another girl? Do you think this girl would tell you that she was out with another dude?

You couldn't make it to her party because you were out, things got crazy, and you didn't have time to stop by. I don't understand why telling her about your date would even cross your mind. Doesn't make sense.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scion said:
maybe your right that I have no idea because I never have success with women. But it still is my opinion that it's better to leave a bit of mystery when it comes to women. I'm not saying lie to her but if she asks what you did instead of saying "I had a date" it's better to say "last night? I just out having a couple drinks" (substitute drinks for whatever you did).

I know I'm gonna be flamed for giving my opinion because of lack of experience with women but I don't give a flying ****.
That's fine. Its only fair not to reveal everything, hell she hasn't either. She could be a female player for all we know lol. But we shouldn't over-rate or go to the extreme with it. The reason is because at times your going to have to be real with a girl and she's gotta feel she can trust you. Play the mystery card too much and it can work against you a bit too much.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
Why would you tell her that you were out with another girl? Do you think this girl would tell you that she was out with another dude?
Because she's asked and he has no problem telling her for this situation. Yes, Girls sometimes WILL tell a guy they were on another date to sometimes to try to invoke a little jealousy to test the guy or to appear like they're some even hotter catch.

You couldn't make it to her party because you were out, things got crazy, and you didn't have time to stop by. I don't understand why telling her about your date would even cross your mind. Doesn't make sense.
It should cross his mind because its not that big of deal if he tells her or not. :up:

~Donjosecantosie

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heyjose25points said:
Because she's asked and he has no problem telling her for this situation. Yes, Girls sometimes WILL tell a guy they were on another date to sometimes to try to invoke a little jealousy to test the guy or to appear like they're some even hotter catch.

It should cross his mind because its not that big of deal if he tells her or not. :up:

~Donjosecantosie
Hah. It's none of her f'n business where he was. The end.

You're right. Girls say things like this to invoke jealousy. This MAN should already be assuming he's the hotter catch and not need to validate his place with this girl by playing mind games.

It's not a big deal. But it sets an awful foundation for his frame with this girl if he feels a need to report his whereabouts to her. Girls that I date KNOW that I can get other girls. They assume that I'm lining up other dates whether I truly am or not. I don't ever feel a need to verbally express that because it comes through in my character and how I act.

It's not playing the "mystery card" to keep your dating life private. This other chick isn't even a hookup yet. She's just a girl he's interested in. He owes her nothing.

Spyder213

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.
Im probably not gonna tell her exactly what I was doing just because I don't really think she needs to know and I kind of think she will just think Im trying to make her jealous based on the type of girl she is.

I think it changes with the type of girl, some girls react differently than others..

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^Course its not her business. If he doesn't care to tell her, he doesn't have to. I'm just saying if he doesn't mind it. I don't think we should be so concerned about how our frame is with women so much. She'll think a million things about us, good and bad :)

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just say "I'm busy tonight. let's have dinner/movie/other activity tomorrow/tuesday/Saturday/other day"

let her imagine what ur doing but don't specifically say ur on a date IMO

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
let her imagine what ur doing but don't specifically say ur on a date IMO
So what, if she's attracted to him, it won't matter so much.

The being right to the point deal you mentioned is a good thing to say no doubt.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heyjose25points said:
So what, if she's attracted to him, it won't matter so much.
It can work but it's not my personal style as it can come of as bragging / being insensitive in my opinion.

It depends on the person though.

some people: "I've got a an awesome Ferrari. We should go for a drive sometime"

she thinks: "he's showing off"

I'm like: "let's go for a drive"

she sees car and thinks: "holy ****, he's got a Ferrari and he didn't even tell me!! What other awesome stuff isn't he telling me about himself?? How come he ISN'T showing off"

it all varies massively depending on interest levels and personality styles though. to each his own.