Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how should a real man live?

spang

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i had a argument with my cousin last night. hes 23, on drugs, and is a spoiled brat who thinks he can do whatever he wants to people. his parents let him do whatever he wanted growing up, and pretty much when someone tells him he wont do something he gets mad. i know this well, so ive let a lot of things over the years slide for him and i didnt say anything. maybe i should have. hes like my brother so we have never had an argument like this.
i hadnt seen him in 6 months. he got to where only called me if he wanted my help with something. ive gone out of my way to help him countless times, but when i needed help he doesnt have time. everytime i call him he blows me off. so these past 6 months i did my best to let it go and have a forgiving attitude. it is what it is.

fast forward to last night, he called me over to his place to get my advice on some business ideas he had. he lights up a bong right in front of me after i asked him 3 times not to do that. he told me hes becoming a drug dealer. i tried to talk some sense into him, then we got on some other stuff.
so i called him out on how he had been treating me. his answer was basically that im just butthurt and jealous cuz he has a gf and stuff to do...and thats just how it is, hes gonna do whatever he wants. if i dont like get the **** out.
well i pretty much let him have it, i got in his face about some other shiat. i cant let someone get away with that. he clearly has no respect for me.
something in him has changed. he was selfish before but now hes just cold and cruel. he thinks that by doing whatever he wants hes becoming a real man.
i dont like it when somebody tests me like that. only 2 people have ever done that to me. if he wasnt my brother id have knocked him clear out of the chair he was sitting in.

theres always been that conflict between me and him. he was raised to be selfish and i was raised to be considerate of others. i dont believe that a real man needs to treat others cruel and coldy to prove something. i dont get this type of behavior.
im just shocked at how coldly he treated me and im family. the 3rd time he told me to gtfo i said fine and left. he said some shiat to me on the way out, i told him i never wanted to see him again.

the reason im posting this i dont know how a real man should act anymore. you can look at it from both sides. him being selfish and choosing to do what he wants...or me having the stones to call him out on it(when no one else will), not allowing him to disrespect me. his friends think im a biatch for having morals and not doing drugs, for which my defense is i dont need drugs to be happy like you. im standing alone here.
maybe im wrong...maybe i should stop being me. i know we gotta do what we want in life but im not walk over other people and disrespect them to do it. i dont know anymore.
anyway i can use some advice thanks.

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I've got respect for you for stepping up and speaking your mind. He knows how you feel and you're looking out for him. Sadly some times people just won't listen to reason or they're in denial. I've been where he is and I've also been where you are. At the end of the day you can't change him. Sounds like he's been becoming this person for many years after being enabled by everyone. So you voiced your opinion and that's really all you can do. Screw what he, his friends or anybody else thinks, you're your own man. That's EXACTLY how a real man lives.

Also I'm glad you didn't hit him, people get angry but family is family. One punch can ruin relationships for life. Not worth it.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you for telling him how it is and standing your ground and not changing your opinion when he didn't like it.

Very simply a real man lives his life like he wants to and takes care of those closest to him. This spoiled brat of a cousin is half right, but so wrong on the other half. It sounds like you are a real man though so keep it up. We need more people who take care of their family and friends as well as themselves.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is not a man. He is a boy trapped in an adults body. AKA an insecure pathetic a**hole.

I emphasize a lot on being a man simply because my father figure passed when I was about 5. He was a veteran.

-A man does not use people, much less his family.
-A man does not resort to illegal activities.
-A man is open to new ideas.
-A man is generally friendly.
-A man will respect you if you earned it.
-A man never gets angry/argues.
-A man's word is his WORD.
-A man works for his things.
-A man appreciates his things.
-A man is independent.
-A man will always repay you.
-A man will stand up for himself or others(if they earned it).
-A man does what he has to do.
-A man accepts responsibility for his actions.

Those are the traits I can think of at the top of my head. Your "cousin" is just another disgrace to manhood in my opinion, probably not even his fault to be honest.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Respect others, but do not devalue yourself. There is a difference between being polite, and showing respect (to those who have not wronged you, or acted dishonorably) and supplicating.

A Man respects himself, and others to an extent. Respect should be earned, but on a certain level you give respect to strangers, be considerate, but not a puss ass.

Trailboss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude..that drug dealing scumbag is as far from being a "man" as one can get! You tried to be nice about it, you tried to be tolerant about it...Should have told him: "I'll come visit your dumbass in jail and you can tell me how that "real man" thing is working out for ya...."!!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
noobolgy said:
Respect others, but do not devalue yourself. There is a difference between being polite, and showing respect (to those who have not wronged you, or acted dishonorably) and supplicating.

A Man respects himself, and others to an extent. Respect should be earned, but on a certain level you give respect to strangers, be considerate, but not a puss ass.
Agreed.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right in this case, and your values that you grew up with are how a man acts. Let him and his buddies do the drugs. Wait till you are both around 50, 60, then compare organs. Ask him if he's had a fun life while he's coughing up phlegm and pissing through a catheter from kidney failure. Your lifestyle determines your death style, and it all catches up with you at one point. The people you mistreat leave you, your health deteriorates twice as fast, your misery increases exponentially. All this shıt has been well known since the days before Socrates.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men arent how they use to be...

You cant save em all! Just worry about you cause that is the only thing that will matter in the end.

machoMax

Don Juan
Reaction score
just stay away from him, guy obviously has a lot of "self destruction" don't let influence and "pull" you (at the bottom I suppose)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By "drugs," do you mean just weed? If that is all he's doing, then it does not seem like that big of a deal to me. But if it's harder drugs, then I think you being upset is more reasonable.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say there is a big lesson in manhood to be learned here. That is, don't let other peoples problems become your own. By getting pissed at him you are essentially doing this. Since you guys are friends there is definitely something about him you admire. You need to figure this crap out and either squash it, or enhance it. Whatever makes you happy really. But to sit in an opium den preaching the gospel is just lunacy as far as i'm concerned.

Personally I think too many men lack purpose. This is the root of all this conflict. The purpose of your relationship is to be friends don't forget that. If the friendship is not working then what are you doing there? You are wasting time on something that is a failure. Men must have purpose, this is why homosexuality is frowned upon... get it?

CUT HIS STUPID ARSE OFF AND FIND BETTER FRIENDS

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
He will get 10x the pvssy most of us will get in a lifetime simply because he is a drug dealer, all things being equal. Still have women on the pedestal as the meaning to life? lol.
For starters, real men don't use hard drugs....Anyway, he might get most p*ssy, but look at the quality of that p*ssy. What's the use of getting a gang of p*ssy when the hoes look like:

http://cache.zr.ru/forum/index.php?src=http://bigpicture.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/0155.jpg

http://doctorspiller.com/images/Caries/addict.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8042224018_cdf055fc40_z.jpg