Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How quickly can you get over someone you love.

dalton

Don Juan
Reaction score
To anyone who has loved and llosed.

How quickly did it take you to get over it.. What methods did you use to help..Can you ever stop loving someone completely..

Im new to this forum, my girl brke up with me two months ago, not because I was weak or I believe the term you use is afc. But because she is muslim and I am christian, she said her sick mother ( She has a terminal illness) would not understand.

Is it possible to get over her, knowing that she still loves me, and I do her.

Will no contact make her realise what she has lost.

Any opinions from some cool guys who have been through thiis **** and come out on the othe end, harder and stronger.

Rather ask for forgivness, not permission.

Dalton

Prod

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you delete all contacts (MSN/phone number/email addresses) then I would estimate around 2 weeks should be sufficient. Most people don't do this so they are stuck with oneitis.

You also have to realise that this surge of emotion is instinctive, not logical or rational and thusly go on with your life, channeling the energy primarily into your pursuits, but also attracting other women.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It can take a long time man, it just depends. I've only been truly in love once and it honestly took me a few years to get completely over her. To this day deep down I still have a soft spot for her and I've accepted that it will probably never go away.

The best thing you can do is work on improving yourself. Take up new hobbies, work out, and hang out with friends and family often. Put her out of your mind by distracting yourself, and eventually the pain will lessen and lessen until it stops completely. I can't promise you'll forget about her altogether, but you will at the very least stop hurting.

dalton

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about her.. Will she ever get over it..

If I dont contact her will, she forget about me.

You know what they say, that women fall in love faster, but men fall Harder..??

PEPE LE PIU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Give up all expectations to be back together. Avoid her completely, you don't have to be friends. Get another woman and avoid comparing the new one with the old one. Get your self busy and try to avoid memories of her (activities you did together, her smile, the gaze in her eyes etc.). If you ever catch your self thinking of her give your self a mental slap and focus on whatever you are doing at that moment. Go out with your friends. Avoid completely melodramatic thoughts.

Most of all have fun.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It only takes as long as long as you decide it will take. Once you realize it's in your mind and it's your own thoughts, you'll be well on your way to being happy again. Don't let some girl play with your emotions like you're letting her. It's time to move on. Forget those who forget you.

It's probably in your best interest to forget those who don't care about you or desire to be with you. When you do that, you'll be well on your way to a change in your life.

No contact is for your benefited only, not hers. Never do anything for a woman who doesn't already hold you in high regards. Yes, no contact will cause her to miss you, and it will cause her to think of all those other thoughts she wasn't thinking when you were around, but that is beside the point. You can't do anything once the woman is gone, but make her run further. In order to get a woman back, you have to go the other way. If she comes back on your terms or doesn't come back, you're better off. You have to do it for you and only you. You aren't a doormat, and you have things to do besides waste your time on a woman that doesn't want you.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Three months of no contact whatsoever and I was fine. Distractions help a lot.

As another poster said, I still care about her, but I no longer want her or want to be with her or are sad that we aren't together.

Give it time, time heals all wounds.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree, anyone that has truely fallen in love (not the naive puppy dog infatuation people confuse for love) will probably never forget that person. However how long it takes for the pain to go away and to be able to move on really depends on too many things to be able to say.

I think we all know what needs to be done, keep busy, no contact, other women, etc. Just do it basically.