Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how popular is weight training across the world?

Reaction score
having only lived in north america, i was wondering if taking care of their bodies is also prevalent across the world...

why are europeans and asians so skinny? is it because european and asian women don't see a well developed male body as aesthetically pleasing?

arlanda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be mistaken, even here in Europe if you look good you will get more attention from girls ;)

From my experience I'd say 5 guys out of 10 work out but only one or two are taking it seriously ie. you can see they look muscular even with their clothes on (does this sound gay? :D)

Actually, I was surprised to find an online community of people who work out. It seems the percentage of younger guys working out is higher than it was a couple of years before. I guess our girls are getting shallow :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The usual brad pitt wannabes are all over the place. It's the hardcore weight trainers who actually want to work hard who are scarce.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to America and live in the UK, without tryna sound biased, I've been to New York and Manchester. If I compared it, there'd be more 'big guys' in Manchester than NY... they all seemed quite scrawny (or fat).

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i think 'big people', i think of australia, russia, other eastern european countries, somolia, and maybe brazil.

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im 16 and i started working out "seriously" since summer..
and i do it for me. not for anyone else. not for the girls.. but for me.
because i enjoy it. it makes me happy and it gives me a chance to improve in of the areas in my life. it shows me and others what im capable of doing.
and its addicting too. one a few weeks, i would llook in the mirror and my arms are getting more cut or bigger. and the feeling is great. knowing the time you invested is paying off.

right now i work close to 58 hours every two weeks plus school PLUS basketball.. so i try my best to work one muscle group atl east once a week..

i just did chest 30 min ago..

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
just to point out - a lot of girls don't want guys to be too big...however working out is definitely a good thing, just doubt Ronnie Coleman types get laid as much as Ryan Reynold size guys...

this all depends on age too, at my university loads of guys work out but in the general population less...

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in Germany hardly anyone works out. It´s true, where I live we got a lot of skinny people. The reason for that IMO is we don´t have weight rooms in school.

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also from germany, and the weird thing is, almost no one works out until they're 18 or so. I started at 16 to get a head start:eek: .

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno about Europe, but for Asians - 75% of Asian countries are in poverty, so they're not likely to have access to $5000 training gyms.

On the plus side, there's also more fat Americans than any other nation, so it kind of evens out :)

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Americans have a Freudian size complex that they constantly try to compensate with bodybuilding and large SUVs/muscle cars, etc.

Everyone wants to have the biggest penis here...even women. In fact, that's what feminists wish they had most - a huge penis.

In other countries, the scale is more balanced between women wanting more masculine men and men wanting more feminine women, though. In other words, men have enough power to make demands and put selection pressure on women to be feminine, which creates a society that isn't simply obsessed with out-machoing the next guy/girl. But also girls out-femming the next one.

But here, feminists have made wanting women to be feminine "wrong." Which is why girls all act like "guys" these days...and guys must then be even MORE "manly" to compete (with those girls and other guys).

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
America is the epicenter of vanity and materialism...
Not even close. By a long shot.

Ever stepped foot in Tokyo? How about countless places in Europe?

Let's just put it this way, you go to the Balkans, and in countries like Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia, there's a term used by women. They're looking for a "sponsor."

And what is a sponser? Well, just like it sounds. A sponsor is a man who pays for her Prada, for her Dolce, for her Coach, for her Gucci. For her makeup. For her dinners. In turn, he gets a pretty spicy piece of arm candy. But she'll be gone the day her sponsorship is cut off. And she may seek multiple sponsors, especially if she can get away with it....

I've never seen people so obsessed with freakin' name brands as I have in Europe. You see people blowing WAAAAY more money than they have Izod, or even a t-shirt that says Prada.

It may be cliche to say America is the mecha of materialism, but it isn't true. You see Americans wearing far more t-shirts and flip-flops, for instance. Waaay more casual.

But to answer your question, it's far more common to see men workout in the US than anywhere in Europe. I was in Rome not too long ago, and I had 50 pounds on most of those guys--and yes, I have visible abs, as well.

It's just not as common. The tall, thin prettyboy is far more common. Especially in Italy. And then again, we do have the fat fratboy down pretty well in the US, too.... :crackup:

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Everyone wants to have the biggest penis here...even women. In fact, that's what feminists wish they had most - a huge penis.

hear that? we have waywords permission to "Give it to them" :rockon:

:) On a serious note...

its sad, having to compete for control of masculinity with women (who are supposed to be the opposite)