How often have YOU been cold approached?

Von Huge

Don Juan
Reaction score
In clubs it happens to us all at various stages I'm sure, but today it happened to me during the day when I was just chilling at uni with some mates. A really shy girl came up with her phone out and asked for my number, and I was honestly taken aback. Here I am, sometimes quite nervous to approach girls during the day when we're expected to do that, and a girl has the guts to do that with me. Has this happened to any of you that often? And when it does, does it get you to put things in perspective and realise at the end of the day, it's just one person talking to another? I know that personally it's a wakeup call to be less of a ***** and go get what I want.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't lie I get approached fairly often.

It's actually quite an ego and confidence boost when I do.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I get approached about once a week, but it normally requires the confidence to hold eye contract from across the room. It usually happens when I'm sitting at the bar, and normally by pretty hot women (ones confident enough in themselves). It also happens way more when you are dressed up

At some strip bars the girls all dance behind the bar and then approach every guy seated at the bar to mooch tips. They are used to men being intimidated by them. They don't take no for an answer at first. If you have a staring contest (and don't tip them, which I don't if I haven't already made eye contact) they eventually walk away rejected. It's a unique experience for sure. In a way this is more of an honest comparison for what happens when a man approaches because he is obviously trying to get something (in that case sex) whereas she is obviously trying to get money.

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost never, but when I'm outside I usually listen to music. Even if I weren't, I look quite intimidating and aggressive.

But swedish girls (and guys) usually keep to themselves, I never see any swede other than me talking to strangers or doing cold approaches, it's only the foreigners who do.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About the topic I may say that it happened in the club to have girls to grab me to dance but I consider it an active form of attention wh0ring where they dont get my attention so they do some effort to have it only to make clear later that they dont wanna have sex with me...its probably the evolution after men learned to avoid them.

Except few where they straightly wanted to have sex and left the leadership on me right after I cant say I get cold approached for the same reason I cold approach girls.

I just accepted the idea that if I want a girl I have to act first.

Hydrak said:
Almost never, but when I'm outside I usually listen to music. Even if I weren't, I look quite intimidating and aggressive.

But swedish girls (and guys) usually keep to themselves, I never see any swede other than me talking to strangers or doing cold approaches, it's only the foreigners who do.
Really? I heard that swedish girls are pretty forward when they are interested in a man?

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Many times in my life. It's not really a big deal.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm one time only and that was after I did something who most people would consider a badboy atitude(I pretty much cursed my headmaster in highschool) after that I was aproached by 2 girls and we started talking.

other then that i'm normally not open and friendly, so it pretty hard to people don't get scared.

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Really? I heard that swedish girls are pretty forward when they are interested in a man?
Who told you that? Swedish people are really afraid of talking/meeting strangers, but you are somewhat right in that the girls are straight-forward when they are interested, but generally not to strangers (unless they are drunk or on vacation)

I get hit on a few times at the gym, but that's pretty much because I'm the biggest dude there. Bishes can smell the testosterone all the way to the treadmill. :D

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't remember it ever happening to me. But I think it's because I would pick up on a girl looking at me and go talk to her before she had the chance to initiate. It would throw me off that I didn't realize what was about to happen. Everything that leads up to her having the courage to come up to you falls under indications of interest. When you start picking those up from a particular girl, consider her as about to initiate with you, then beat her to it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hydrak said:
Who told you that? Swedish people are really afraid of talking/meeting strangers, but you are somewhat right in that the girls are straight-forward when they are interested, but generally not to strangers (unless they are drunk or on vacation)

I get hit on a few times at the gym, but that's pretty much because I'm the biggest dude there. Bishes can smell the testosterone all the way to the treadmill. :D
Sure they do, especially in a country run by women where even my 12yrs old nephew outman most of the guys in terms of manlyness.
/troll mode off

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once. The girl was ugly, but I was so impressed that I immediately gave my phone number.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow guys, I've been approached maybe a few times in my entire life. I was alone in a coffee shop on my 24th birthday and a fat chick did it. Ended up banging her. Normally I would have blown her off but it was a weird situation being cold-approached on my birthday of all days, and I hadn't had sex in almost 2 years. So I kind of went with it.

Otherwise almost never. And that one time was the only time it ever progressed past just talking for a few minutes. But then I usually have a "get the f*ck away from me" expression on my face because I don't like strangers talking to me whether they're cute girls or otherwise. I don't even like strangers in my vicinity, I have a very large personal space.

So I guess my answer to the OP is: "Not very often!" I have had women look at me and smile and seem as if they expect me to approach them, but I never do.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rephrase the question: "Anyone get cold approached by women where alcohol was NOT involved?"

The numbers will decrease a lot. Guys cold approach girls anytime, anywhere. It is extremely rare for a girl to ever do the same.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a lot. But the girls who approach with confidence are usually players, *******s, wh0res, crazies, etc. Their aggressive nature doesn't stop with approaching, escalating, initiating sex, etc. They're dominant, controlling, and crazy in all aspects (ie, *****es). You're also not the only one they approach.

It's best to approach them, IMO. Go for the quiet, nice ones.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Rephrase the question: "Anyone get cold approached by women where alcohol was NOT involved?"
Ha ha good point.

I was just about to say I've had 3 women approach but they were all at bars or clubs.

It's the "liquid courage" talking for sure.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Never. Who cares, I do the approaching.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:

The numbers will decrease a lot. Guys cold approach girls anytime, anywhere. It is extremely rare for a girl to ever do the same.
Still the same answer... didn't spend a lot of time around alcohol until later. Actually, most of my successes and missed opportunities came in non-alcohol environments. Most of them during the day.

But cold approaches are kind of tricky to pin down. They usually just come up and start talking to you, then escalate from there. In many instances, it's pretty mutual. You might be chillin' around them, doing whatever, and you'll initiate a friendly conversation... then you'll see them again, and they'll be very flirtacious and excited and aggressive. This is more common, but girls will still cold approach often... if you're sexay enough. :woo:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online profile - roughly once a day, but often not very attractive women so I don't reply.

Out on a weekend night - usually zero, but sometimes several per night. Overall around here its not often. I was approached more in Other cities though.

On a regular night - never. Maybe a someone at the store will start a conversation, but people here will NEVER talk to someone in a conversation with someone they don't know. When I say never, I mean NEVER. One of my first days few days on a trip to california, I was shocked when several people started conversations with me (of which I was glad to oblige) because this simply does not ever happen here. New England is very xenophobic and if you are trying to get into social circles, expect it to take years if it ever happens. Women are no different.