Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How often do you take a plate out?

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have about 4 plates right now. Gone on dates with two about to see the other two this coming week for first dates. My question is do you schedule weekly dates with most plates or is that too much? Every two weeks? Three weeks?

I was seeing this one girl and all we did was chill once a week usually on a weekend. It was pretty casual and ideal for me because I'm busy and want someone to get to know a girl well and see her a lot, but not get too serious.

Apparently she felt what we were doing was getting too serious and broke it off.

I feel like seeing the same girl for a date once a week is a bit much and may give the wrong impression, but I'm also worried because of girls' short attention spans and lots of competition from other dudes that I see her too little I could lose her as well. Thoughts?

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weekends are for hanging with friends/top plates/girlfriends.. Don't give up your weekends when you start to date someone. Eg - take her out on a Tuesday night one week, then the next week ask her out for the Thursday night and so on..

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are not "plates". Plates are girls you are fvcking. How many of these women have you fvcked?

@Fireballs Stop with this weekend bullish!t. Im so tired of reading this nonsense repeatedly. A weekend day/night is no more important than any other day or night. Everyone's schedule is different. If I'm working Saturday/Sunday and off Thursday then Wednesday night is going to be a "prime" night since I don't have to be up for work the next day. This sh!t is common sense. Nobody works M-F 9am-5pm anymore, so these archaic rules need to go out the window with them. The most important nights are the nights YOU decide are important.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have about 4 plates right now. Gone on dates with two about to see the other two this coming week for first dates. My question is do you schedule weekly dates with most plates or is that too much? Every two weeks? Three weeks?

I was seeing this one girl and all we did was chill once a week usually on a weekend. It was pretty casual and ideal for me because I'm busy and want someone to get to know a girl well and see her a lot, but not get too serious.

Apparently she felt what we were doing was getting too serious and broke it off.

I feel like seeing the same girl for a date once a week is a bit much and may give the wrong impression, but I'm also worried because of girls' short attention spans and lots of competition from other dudes that I see her too little I could lose her as well. Thoughts?
Once a week is fine. There is nothing too serious about that unless you acted all needy or beta when she was around you.

She broke it off because she had someone that she was interested in more or that aligned with what her goals were at the time.

If you are having fvck buddy relationships you need to be prepared for these chicks to just drop off at anytime when they find someone they can have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with. In effect you are simply a bridge to fulfill their physical needs while they continue to search for someone else. And when they find that someone else, you are out of the picture, but they may come back if that doesn't work out if you put it down good enough.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fireballs - yeah I've considered the weekend thing before and usually do weekday dates early on, but most girls (and usually me) aren't trying to fvck on a weeknight - especially if its the first time.

@marmel75 You are almost certainly correct - she was a bit older, just got out of a long relationship and we met on tinder. We definitely were in different places. Though spare me the lecture on jargon, I can only manage texting and scheduling for dates 4-6 girls tops. So I call them plates even if I haven't hooked up with.

I think once week is good, but if I'm worried about coming on too strong I'll limit it to weekends.

More thoughts welcome

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really go with a set frequency. I go according to behavior and my schedule. I have two plates at the moment, working on a third. To clarify, a plate is a chick you are ****ing. Going on a couple of dates with a chick doesn't count.

I take a plate out if her behavior is good and she gave up the sex last time we saw each other. If she does something to turn me off, I just ignore her until the next time she hits me up, and tell her to come over.

Get into the mindset of rewarding good behavior with more time and attention. Punish poor behavior by withdrawing attention until she submits to making it up to you (for me, that is only done with sex).

This weekend, I have one plate coming over, and the potential plate coming over to seal the deal. Good behavior will secure first dibs on my next allotment of free time.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate if your not f****** them just say girls. The reason the guys try and keep the term plates precise is that if you're f****** them it completely changes the psychology. And is a shorthand for some degree of interest level.

To translate that into millennial:. It's just possible you don't know everything and if you are accurate with your circumstances you will get better advice. I.e. it's about you buddy.

There was a great line from an old Placebo song..... when she's pressed she will undress and then she's boxing clever

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my case... it's hard to go "out" when we're already "out". LOL!!!

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you have to be fvcking them to call them a plate.. When you're pursuing multiple women simultaneously, you have options and power which help you to not give a fvck which is the whole point isn't it?

In my opinion a girl you've been on one date with is as much of a plate as the girl you're fvcking. They are both options that are currently spinning.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I see a plate as a girl who is romantically interested in you. You must keep "spinning the plates" or they tip over (i.e., she loses interest). I don't see it as implying sex, but it can't be a friendship either. If she doesn't call it a date, she's not a plate.

Seeing her between once every 3 weeks to twice a week is enough to maintain the romance without overdoing it.

A three week absence is said to be the point when the other person misses you the most. After that, your memory fades. So if you see her every 3 weeks it's always at the peak of anticipation.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you have to be fvcking them to call them a plate.. When you're pursuing multiple women simultaneously, you have options and power which help you to not give a fvck which is the whole point isn't it?

In my opinion a girl you've been on one date with is as much of a plate as the girl you're fvcking. They are both options that are currently spinning.
Uh, no.

Plates are women you are fvcking, period. Going on one date with a woman that you haven't had sex with means zero.

You could go on the best first date and never see the woman again. Happens a lot. No guarantees unless you fvcked her. So to call a woman you went on a first date with an "option" is just silly, and to put them in the same category as a woman you are fvcking doesn't even make sense. The chance of seeing the woman you are fvcking is exponentially higher than the first date.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Uh, no. Plates are women you are fvcking, period.
Period? How can you give an absolute without providing a formal definition?

The reason I disagree, not that I use this term, but "Spinning plates" can't mean sleeping with 3 or more women because there aren't enough men who are sleeping with 3 or more women that the saying would become popular. Spinning plates means dating 3 or more women who are romantically interested in you (i.e., who might have sex with you).

UPDATE: According to Urban Dictionary, the #1 answer is:

spinning plates
doing many things at once, dating many people at once, being a *****, friendly; like in the variety shows of the 70s where the performer puts a plate on a tall thin stick mounted to the stage and spins it ... puts another plate on another stick and spins it ... doing more and more to see how many he can keep spinning without falling

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Period? How can you give an absolute without providing a formal definition?

The reason I disagree, not that I use this term, but "Spinning plates" can't mean sleeping with 3 or more women because there aren't enough men are sleeping with 3 or more women that the saying would become popular. Spinning plates means dating 3 or more women who are romantically interested in you (i.e., who might have sex with you).

UPDATE: According to Urban Dictionary, the #1 answer is:

spinning plates
doing many things at once, dating many people at once, being a *****, friendly; like in the variety shows of the 70s where the performer puts a plate on a tall thin stick mounted to the stage and spins it ... puts another plate on another stick and spins it ... doing more and more to see how many he can keep spinning without falling
Hmm, thinking of it that way, I guess you have a point...I suppose I might have to refine that to being someone who you do "sexual things" with...maybe she's given you a hand j0b, rubbed your d!ck through your pants, bl0wjob, etc...but I still don't agree that it could be a chick you've seen once...at that point you might as well flip a coin and you'd have just as good odds at guessing whether you'd actually see her again.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I suppose a plate could be defined a girl you've had more than one date with, and who you at least kissed.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose a plate could be defined a girl you've had more than one date with, and who you at least kissed.
I've had a few second dates, where I'd been way past kissing on both dates, and they vanished without warning. Plates = sex. She has to have skin in the game.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If EyeBRollin had as much pvssy as she says she probably wouldn't feel a need to stalk anonymous men like myself online. Anyhow, they have this thing called a Dictionary. It helps when people try to reinvent words and terms as she has.

In case she missed it, here is the general consensus on what a plate means:

"spinning plates - dating many people at once"

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love when you guys pull your d¡cks out. This said:

The correct reply is: however often you want to.

So you love going to the movies every week? Then get one of them each week to watch a movie.

Are you one of those crazy guys that love to try each restaurant? Then get one of them each week to have dinner in new places.

You telling me you love to travel around your country taking pictures of churches (this only applies if you are european)? Every fvcking weekend you go, take one of them.

You should prioritaze male friends over girls though, you will enjoy and deepen far more your relationships with them by doing this stuff with them. But do whatever the **** you want. ****, you can go to the movies twice a week and alternate between d'cks and pvss.