Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how often do you floss?

how often do you floss?

• never

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • once every few months

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • once a month

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • once a week

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • few times a week

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • daily

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 2x a day

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im starting to floss, hoping that it will clear up my ok breath.

kabatura

Don Juan
Reaction score
I flossed once, well for six months. I wanted to see what it was like when the dentist askedif you had been flossing and you can say YES! Well, for the first time in my life I had black stuff between my teeth. So no flossing for me, maybe I was doing it wrong?

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flossing has gotten way easy with all the new "gliding flosses" and disposable floss sticks :up:

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flossing is so important and studies show flossing helps prevent heart disease but don't forget your tongue too. Buy a scraper and scrape the scum off of it and get as far back in the tongue area as you can without gagging and that will get rid of a lot of bad breath.

I floss twice a day but sometimes 3 if I am eating alot of meat. Meat is the stuff that will rot your mouth and sugars left to stay are no better.

LoneSilver

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A dentist can tell if one flosses just by the lack of plaque between the teeth. I could never floss correctly until I bought the flosser that is like a tooth brush. Using the mint strings types I could never get in and out of my mouth correctly and hated the thought of flossing.

Make sure to rinse after each meal if flossing or brushing isn't an option did the dentist say what the black stuff was between your teeth?

LoneSilver

kabatura said:
I flossed once, well for six months. I wanted to see what it was like when the dentist askedif you had been flossing and you can say YES! Well, for the first time in my life I had black stuff between my teeth. So no flossing for me, maybe I was doing it wrong?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kabatura said:
Same problem for me.
A natropath told me flossing is no good.

kabatura

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it was the floss I was using. I'm pretty sure the dentist said it was decay, but I'm not sure. Nothing black on my teeth is good though.

Drinking lots of water will help with your breath also. Tea is supposed to help as well.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
161 views and 32 votes. stop being girls and take the poll! we wont care if you never floss :p

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CVS Pharmacy and it's the best thing. All I do is put a small flosser on the tip and use it until it breaks but it might last a week just depends not the brush itself. And you have refills that you pop on. It's like having a toothbrush in your hand.

Without this type I would never floss believe me I hated trying to floss with the string type where you pull some out and go through the mouth trying to floss that sucked.

Also you might find this type a Wal-mart.

LoneSilver

Charm&Style said:
lone, where did you get your flosser from?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to gross anyone out but when you use one and get way back on the tongue area and scrap toward the front you'll see the stuff that causes alot of bad breath in alot of people.

When you first use one it will cause you to gag but you'll get use to it over time and it gives your tongue a nice feelling that it's clean when you follow up with brushing or mouth wash.

Good oral care I take seriously. I use the tongue scrapper then I floss and brush then use a mouth wash and of coarse visit the dentist once every 6 months.

LoneSilver

kickureface said:
tongue scrapers really that improtant?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since flossing I know when I have my teeth cleaned it's faster and less headache for the dental hygenist but research is showing the importance of flossing in the prevention of heart disease and also other health issues.

Do a bit of research and come to your own conclusion is the best advice I can give and at my age most men and some women are wearing dentures and I have all my teeth except for one crown and flossing I believe has alot to do with this since taking it up a few years back but flossing is only one part.

LoneSilver

wolf116 said:
Same problem for me.
A natropath told me flossing is no good.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
kickureface said:
im starting to floss, hoping that it will clear up my ok breath.
Don't listen to idiots who tell you that flossing is bad or ineffective. Most conventional tooth brush WILL miss between the teeth or the grooves in your molders. The purpose of flossing is to make sure that there's nothing between your teeth, make sure your teeth have space and stimulate the gum. To do flossing right you have to make sure you do it as close as possible to the teeth, so there is more circular area cleaning. This is what I got from talking to Asian and Indian dentists, they are one of the most reliable and experienced. Just look at the number of braces and cavity statistics in those countries. Most people don't need braces at all since they practice healthy hygiene habits by brushing twice a day and flossing DAILY! Hope that helped.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
Since flossing I know when I have my teeth cleaned it's faster and less headache for the dental hygenist but research is showing the importance of flossing in the prevention of heart disease and also other health issues.
I'd love to read the research on this...it must be total trash. No controls or anything.

Poor people eat like crap, don't brush or floss, and get fat. Which is the number one risk for heart disease. Poor people get the worst health care, especially preventive health care, can't afford statins, and are more likely to die from heart disease. I'd want to see that they controlled for any of that. Judging from the size of the effects claimed, they couldn't possibly have.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most poor have no teeth and have dentures which would limit any problems but I would reckon it's like a batting average and it's like the fat old guy who has eatin' smoked, drank and done everything hes not suppose to do and has normal blood pressure and is 98 years old with no health problems those are far and few.

Sure there are alot of sh*t that comes out all the time that this and that is good for you or whatever and I take it as a grain of salt but something tells me when it comes to oral health and all the germs that enter the mouth I listen and follow the research as it continues to develope I am sure you could do a google and find reliable research.

Who knows but flossing takes care of the crap between my teeth and if I hear of studies telling that it helps prevent heart disease or whatever else I am more than happy to continue to floss and I am no longer annoyed each morning with crappy taste in my mouth.

Further if I am ever intimate with a lady at least she should be pleased I have a clean infection free mouth especally going down on her.

So Throttle I forgot to ask are you one that doesn't floss? It's Ok many don't.

LoneSilver

Throttle said:
I'd love to read the research on this...it must be total trash. No controls or anything.

Poor people eat like crap, don't brush or floss, and get fat. Which is the number one risk for heart disease. Poor people get the worst health care, especially preventive health care, can't afford statins, and are more likely to die from heart disease. I'd want to see that they controlled for any of that. Judging from the size of the effects claimed, they couldn't possibly have.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
neh, not me, i never fill out polls here. heh. i floss whenever it occurs to me. maybe a couple times a week. more if i'm eating the sort of food that requires a toothpick afterwards :D