Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How not to blow money on a chick...?

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem here also is that this also depends on the type of girl. I know it sucks to have to feel like you're spending money to keep a girl around, but in reality, you aren't doing that if you aren't giving off that vibe. The key is to make sure you pay but don't make a big fuss out of it either way. The bill comes, you take out your wallet, put down money, and hand it to the waiter, without much more than a blink of an eye. Even better if you do it while you talk to her, so that she doesn't offer to pay until it's too late, and you sort of chalk it up as being too much of a hassle if you have to calculate the bill. Basically, this shows that you're not cheap, you don't put such a high value on money (thus you can't be "buying" her since you don't put money on high priority) but are appealing to the whole aura that you are independent and able to provide if necessary.

Anyways, before I put too much thought into this, I think that we all have to sort of make less of a deal out of this. I can't believe that a girl will end up not liking a guy because he paid for her. I think it's great if she'll pay, but sometimes you just pay because it becomes something little that goes a long way. Just don't go out and buy her a $100 dinner before you even know her. Then that reaches the point where you're trying to "buy" her. If you spend a reasonable amount that isn't too extravagant, I can't see the harm in that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
franc knows EVERYTHING about hookers! ;) :p
That's because I'm the Big-Mac, mixologist
Cadillac Pimpologist,
workin' the girlies
and bedding them early
I'm the one and only
Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d'Anconia!

I had to make sure you guys knew this because I sure ain't Eminem. :D

sql

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco + oxide know whats up..

dinner + movies for date = afc style and money out your pocket

"dating" like guy takes girl out and pays in general is afc style

imho this style of dating to get to know a woman is not for djs

2 cents

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Yo,doggiebisciutz ,if you invited her it's out your pocket .If she invited you you only gotta pay your way. If she's your girl you divvy up the bill and only pay when it's something special.

B1tches don't pay sh1t get over yourselves.

BALLIN ON A BUDGET:
You wanna save money yung wung ?,don't do a dinner date at all ..Even Mickeydee's charges a grip given the economic situation and all that.Plus,...b1tches don't eat. They just don't eat in front of guys unless it steak or shrimp and lobster and sh1t at a nice restaaraunt forget about it. Go head offer the girl something to eat ,if it don't cost double digits she won't even look at it.Beleive me.

Aight you got feeding the b1tches out the way.Now transportation is an issue if shorty lives all the way on the other side of town or in a different town altogether that's a shorty that you won't date. NEXT!. Remeber if you have to calaculate your gas tank mileage and remeber where the closest gas station is when you go see a beezy ...cancel .

Gifts ...none.Unless she is your girl or you just feel like giving a hoe something for some reason. No gifts.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you have to do is make sure she opens her mouth real wide , and aim a little higher than you think you should , cos often you won't be shooting as far as you think and it'll go all down her front.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh right "How not to blow money on a chick..."

MBCali

Reaction score
how could you ask a girl out and not be willing to splurge the $8 for her movie ticket? baffled...

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Mr. Kazama,

If don't want to pay for stuff, the easiest thing to do is to get her to pay for her movie ticket first. if she gets annoyed, just bust her on being cheap and spoiled :D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MBCali
how could you ask a girl out and not be willing to splurge the $8 for her movie ticket? baffled...
Even more so, going on a first date hopefully to get to know a person better but taking her someplace that is too dark to see each other well and too quiet to have a good conversation. And on top of that, paying to do it!!!

C'mon guys, are you saying that you can not think of a way to entertain one another other than sitting for a couple of hours in the dark??? At least if you HAVE TO see a movie, rent a video and get to know her in a less restrictive place like at your house or hers.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Even more so, going on a first date hopefully to get to know a person better but taking her someplace that is too dark to see each other well and too quiet to have a good conversation. And on top of that, paying to do it!!!

C'mon guys, are you saying that you can not think of a way to entertain one another other than sitting for a couple of hours in the dark??? At least if you HAVE TO see a movie, rent a video and get to know her in a less restrictive place like at your house or hers.
This is pretty much on the ball. If you ask her out, you pay, just don't make it expensive. What you want to do is charm her to the point where she wants a second date and is also willing to pay for the privilege. Have done this and works well... paid for first date, got on great, wanted 2nd date and told her it will be her turn to pay. Get them while their interest in sky high and they will agree to anything just to see you again.

The only way you are going to do that is take her somewhere you can talk and interract. Don't do the movies thing, how does that make the date 'special' or memorable? You want her to think "He is so much fun!!", not, "Yeah it was a great movie!". You want her to remember you more than what you did.

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to the movies for a date is a waste of money. That's about $16. Then snacks are gonna be another $10. If you go to dinner instead of eating at the movie, you're gonna spend at least $20 more. So you have dropped $40 and then you find out she doesn't want a second date. I think the only reason movies are still considered a date idea, is because teenagers go there because they have no where else to make out.

I liked the idea of renting a movie. I might try that.

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't answer the main question. I would probably pay for the first date if I asked her, but we would probably be going dutch by the third date. Especially since there are a lot of cheap things you can do, she shouldn't be mad about dropping $10 for a date.