Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much ya bench?

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks. do you go to urbana?

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah the barbell bench press restricts your shoulder movement by keeping your hands stationary on that bar. The dumbbells allow free movement and rotation of your shoulders.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AdrenalynJunkee
Yah the barbell bench press restricts your shoulder movement by keeping your hands stationary on that bar. The dumbbells allow free movement and rotation of your shoulders.
correct, benching is just for ego... Not many naturals or pros do flat bench anymore..

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol and where do you get this information, flat bench should be the focus of your workout, although I do stress the other exercises for isolation after the bench part is done, but that is like the other guy said, it would be like saying squats are mediorcre, and we should do leg press instead, although dumb bells are good for bench press, you need flat bench, cause dumb bells are more for your triceps, cause you keep them closer to the body

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so I could gain many lbs on my BP by simplying working on those muscles individually? Interesting.

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coolguy676767
lol and where do you get this information, flat bench should be the focus of your workout, although I do stress the other exercises for isolation after the bench part is done, but that is like the other guy said, it would be like saying squats are mediorcre, and we should do leg press instead, although dumb bells are good for bench press, you need flat bench, cause dumb bells are more for your triceps, cause you keep them closer to the body
Well, both BB and DB bench press both have their place, but as far as functionality go, I prefer the DB. Also, when I do DB presses, my pecs really feel a burn. You are allowed to stretch them more, increasing the ROM (Range of Motion) in your pecs which in turns causes more TUT (Time Under Tension). This all leads to an increase in muscle break down and an increase in compound strength. However, you are correct in the fact that you can use a much wider grip when using a barbell.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am training for overall performance, and endurance... not strength. Running, situps, and pushups are my staples.

5'9" 155lbs - 160 Bench

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how they tie into eachother.
Both are symbolisms of masculinity and both lead to a constant one upmanship consisting of lies and few truthes. There is really no point to either except to brag.

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordBrian
I am training for overall performance, and endurance... not strength. Running, situps, and pushups are my staples.

5'9" 155lbs - 160 Bench
Strength greatly improves your overall performanc. Just to let you know.

Originally posted by 7 Virtues
Both are symbolisms of masculinity and both lead to a constant one upmanship consisting of lies and few truthes. There is really no point to either except to brag.
Understood.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strength greatly improves your overall performanc. Just to let you know.

upper body strength wont help my 2 mile run though...

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordBrian
upper body strength wont help my 2 mile run though...
Ah correct on that one. Never really understood why people like distance. Me? 100 and 200m only please.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah correct on that one. Never really understood why people like distance. Me? 100 and 200m only please.
I am training to join the military soon. That is why i am particularly focusing on endurance excersises...

I dont want to get my butt handed to me during PT. :)

I think im making good progress so far... since im going to wait about a year or so to finish up my associate and go rotc...

started out barely able to do 20 situps, now i can do 60 after 15 min of countless crunches, bicycle kicks, flutter kicks and such. ( i probably should measure myself while i am fresh for an accurate reading)

2 mile run was a dismal 22.43... now im down to 18.12... not too bad after a month.

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
After only a month? That's actually quite a large improvement. Overdistance (running at least 25% farther than your target distance) often helps with endurance aspects of running.