Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much ya bench?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious to get some dj stats from you guys

I put up 225 the other day and it almost killed me.....

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 17, 5'10.5 230,

Bench 330 legal, clean 275,

if you dont believe me I will be happy to post the link to the results from the state high school meet in florida.

Oh and I am a junior

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, i'm 5'10 158lbs

ThaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 6'1 159 pounds. I gained 20 pounds from last november. I bech around 180 max 250.

proScribe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bench: 235(new max however I think I can hit 245 with 2 100s on each side -- 100 +bar +100 = 245, right?).

Squat: 365.(need to work on it)

rest really isnt too impressive right now, and needs work on the form. Bench is what im proud of tho it looks real nice.

I weigh 165 and Im 5'5". however looking in the mirrior, Im getting a lil fat lol.

I need a new max actually, I wanted to bench 225 & squat 350 by my senior year, and am now a Junior. I would LOVE to put 315 up by start of Senior year but I doubt if I could do it in one bulk cycle, maybe if I stuck to it.

actually thats what I'll do, I really wanna hit that. thanks everyone for the inspiration! =P.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, it doesn't mean anything even if you do prove it. Benchs are an OK exercise, but by doing tricep extensions, flat bench flies and military presses you are exercising the same three major muscle groups (tri, delt and pec) but you're concentrating on them individually which results in much better overall shape and definition, and thus more looks from the ladies. ;)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STFU. I hate it when people are proponents of idiotic isolation and/or machine regimens. Those exercises should only be done AFTER YOUR MAIN BENCH SETS. You want muscle you can actually use, and big strong arms are more attractive to the ladies than arms that look good but can't do anything.

the phenom

Reaction score
5'4" 135 lbs bench 270
Yes, big Eee Zee I agree, extensions, flyes, and militairys do add more definition. But there is also something to be said for being massively freaking strong. Westside Barbell baby

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Compound movements (Bench, Squat, Deadlift, any olympic lift) will add more strength than any isolated "appearance" exercise.

Bench - My best ever was only like 185
Squat - 320x7
Deadlift - 405x3

5'10 150lbs

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
!! actually, it doesn't mean anything even if you do prove it. Benchs are an OK exercise, but by doing tricep extensions, flat bench flies and military presses you are exercising the same three major muscle groups (tri, delt and pec) but you're concentrating on them individually which results in much better overall shape and definition, and thus more looks from the ladies. !!

NO...thats all im going to say...

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just make a post where we compare our **** sizes?

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 17. 149 lbs. 5'9"

I have never done it with a barbell, but I bench with 2 ~30 lb dumbbells at home.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrFitness880
Benchs are an OK exercise, but by doing tricep extensions, flat bench flies and military presses you are exercising the same three major muscle groups (tri, delt and pec) but you're concentrating on them individually which results in much better overall shape and definition
So you are basically saying that it's a bad idea to do compound exercises? Would you say squats are also only a mediocre exercise? Good luck proving that one...

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pure Drive +
I am 17. 149 lbs. 5'9"

I have never done it with a barbell, but I bench with 2 ~30 lb dumbbells at home.
Yah, DB bench press is better IMO. Works on stabilizer muscles as well. Plus, you can get more range because you don't have that bar being stopped by your chest

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AdrenalynJunkee
Yah, DB bench press is better IMO. Works on stabilizer muscles as well. Plus, you can get more range because you don't have that bar being stopped by your chest
hey about DB bench presses:

I read that a real DB bench press is when you keep the DBs together. However, I have an adjustable DB and the circular weights that go on are kinda big so I only make the dumbbells meet at the top, and at the bottom, they are like parallel to my shoulders and not meeting. Is that correct form?

A better visual would be like, starting a push up on your back and after extending my arms, the dumbells meet. That's how I do it, but I dunno if it is correct form.