Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how much weight should i put on?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i weigh 61 kg and i'm 176 tall (about 5'9", i think), how much should i weigh, in order to be seen as a muscular guy? i'm 17 years old and i have a nice body (people compliment often for my abs, chest and arms, while my legs are a bit underdeveloped). what muscles should i work out on more to achieve that result?

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
135 lbs. at 5'9 is thin, but if it's working for you and you're getting complimented, who cares? Go ahead and hit the gym, put on 10-15 kg if that's something you want to do. You'd probably be good then.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little bit taller than you. No more than 2 inches. I weighed 133 in June, now I'm at 153 and still growing. I've gotten a lot of compliments lately and I've noticed close friends looking at my body differently. You could stand to gain some weight.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so tell me about your diet porky , Im 1.74 and 64 kilos , before i started bodybuilding i was like 57-58 kilos , so i think im growing and getting in shape but i would like to add more weight .

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay, I started at 61 kilo and is 1 cm taller than you. Now I am around 72 kg and still look skinny IMO. My first goal is to reach 75 kilo now in september and 85 kilo as fast as possible.

I'd say you'll need to weigh around 75+ kilo to look muscular. But it depends on the body parts you train. Biceps+triceps, deltoids, pectorals and lats will help you gain that muscular look. Biceps and triceps give you bigger arms, deltoids make your shoulders look wider and lats will give you the V-shape. If you work only them maybe you don't have to gain as much to look muscular. Also having a thick neck is something that will give muscular look.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
put on 10kg (same as me) and you'll no longer be considered a skinny guy, but not quite buff. i'd say put on 20kg and you'll be looking muscular.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty interesting to me how all the Americans think a 5'9" guy should weigh close to 200 pounds, while the Euros think he only needs to gain about 15-20 pounds. It's a reflection of each others' cultures.

My roomate is about 5'8" (for the purposes of discussion that's the same as 5'9") and is about 205 pounds. HE LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF SHYT, physique wise. His ideal weight is about 175-180 (he's an 'endo-mesomorph' - stocky and wide, but prone to fatness if not careful), but he's in denial and says that that is his ideal weight. It's funny, because I am actually STRONGER than him (can press/lift more weight) at 5'9" and 165, am more agile, and can jump higher/explode faster, and have faster reflexes. Furthermore (and perhaps worst of all), he can't find any stylish 'metro/fashion' clothes that fit him, so he wear baggy-ass garbage bags from stores like Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

....bottom line, you don't need to be that guy. Don't be the loser meat head with no neck that the girls run away from.

There are ways of creating the illusion of dense muscularity, and this is especially true if you are thin and fine-boned. Just concentrate on these specific body parts:

Shouders
Triceps (biceps to a lesser extent)
Abs (pay attention to your CARDIO and obliques!)
Chest
BACK BACK BACK (LATS LATS LATS) !!!!!

The trick is to gain that coveted 'V-Taper' - annihilate your waistline and whittle it down to about 30-31 inches (what's your waist size, Jay-X?), then blast your lats until you can't breathe. Keep the intensity up on your chest and tris (which you can conveniently work on the same day at the gym), and soon combined with your small bone structure, you will create a physique that will give you the illusion of a lean, MUSCULAR, and powerful body. Think about the model Marcus Schenkenberg - he has a bod that girls DREAM ABOUT IN THEIR SLEEP. He's like 6'3" and 185 pounds - but he's probably stronger than most guys who are his height and weight 210 pounds. There is no need to look like 'The Rock' - you'll just look like a circus animal. The buzzwords are LEAN, SMALL-WAISTED, and WIDE BACK. I hope that helped.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat two baked potatoes a day, sometimes some eggs. I'm big on pasta. In fact, I'm making some right now.

I don't really have a specific diet. I just eat. I eat healthy and I work out hard. I think msot of my weight gain is probably from whey powder, but at least several pounds came from all of the potatoes and carbs.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
about 180-190 lbs is ideal for me personally. As someone said earlier, and i agree, anything over 200 lbs at a certain height can mess up explosive movement, speed, and overall proformance in sports. Again, its up to you, do you want to gain alot of muscle just for looks, or try and get good at a sport? Training for both are completly different, and aught to read up on both.

being skinny sucks, but being bulked with a big gut is also nothing to go for. Chances are , if you avidly play sports and keep active, the later won't happen.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake

The trick is to gain that coveted 'V-Taper' - annihilate your waistline and whittle it down to about 30-31 inches (what's your waist size, Jay-X?), then blast your lats until you can't breathe. Keep the intensity up on your chest and tris (which you can conveniently work on the same day at the gym), and soon combined with your small bone structure, you will create a physique that will give you the illusion of a lean, MUSCULAR, and powerful body. Think about the model Marcus Schenkenberg - he has a bod that girls DREAM ABOUT IN THEIR SLEEP. He's like 6'3" and 185 pounds - but he's probably stronger than most guys who are his height and weight 210 pounds. There is no need to look like 'The Rock' - you'll just look like a circus animal. The buzzwords are LEAN, SMALL-WAISTED, and WIDE BACK. I hope that helped.
So True , this is what i want to achieve actually , it's Lean and Cutt , Being ripped , having Big Muscles not Huge One . tell me jake 2 things first of all Im 1.74 cm 64.5 kg /141 lbs 1- how much weight shall i put ??

2- If you have links to these guys lean and cutt , i'd like to see some pics and even print them .

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HB_Hunter
So True , this is what i want to achieve actually , it's Lean and Cutt , Being ripped , having Big Muscles not Huge One . tell me jake 2 things first of all Im 1.74 cm 64.5 kg /141 lbs 1- how much weight shall i put ??

2- If you have links to these guys lean and cutt , i'd like to see some pics and even print them .

Okay, you have to go to your local Borders/Barnes & Noble and buy the September 2004 issue of Fitness RX. It's a superb health and fitness magazine that's LIGHTYEARS ahead of garbage like Men's Health - wonderful, informative content, glossy full-color heavy stock paper, the works. Anyway, make sure you purchase the September 2004 issue - it has an article about getting this specific type of body "one that looks great in an Armani suit", to quote the author of the article. The article is also loaded with AMAZING pictures of this guy with a literally PERCECT physique - lean, long, muscular, flexible, and powerful. It's IDEAL - if you want to find out more about this I highly recommend that you purchase the magazine - it's only like $4.99 US.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't want to get to pass 180 pounds at all! it would already be too much, i think... i'm a fucxin' ectomorph (i mean, the one that can't put weight on). i eat as much as i can, but it seems that the only thing that grows is my gut (it stays big for at least an hour, after meal)... anyway, when the hour is past... i look like a model, with an awesome 8-pack... i think that the fact i don't gain, is related to my hyper-activity too... i play soccer or basketball at least 2 hours everyday... luckily, tomorrow school is startin' again, so i won't have much time to play sports and i'll either sit in class or lift weights at home:)
is it good to eat a lot of bread? does it help to gain? and pasta? yogurt? milk? suggest me some food that i can find at home...

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i forgot... 160 pounds would already be reeeeeally good... i already get compliments now, for my body... i think that if i weighed that much i'd be loved as a god-like:)

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that really works for me is fruit smoothie... add milk, yogurt, protein powder and a fruit of your choice and you have a very high-calorie snack.. then on eating.. chicken breasts and tuna sandwich are the best absorbable proteins yet..

happy bulking.

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys,
i have the same question. I am 6'1'' almost 6'2'' and I currently weigh 170 pounds. As I'm sure is obvious, I'm pretty lean. I was thinking about 190. Would that be pretty cut if I keep my bf real low so my abs remain visible?

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Okay, you have to go to your local Borders/Barnes & Noble and buy the September 2004 issue of Fitness RX. It's a superb health and fitness magazine that's LIGHTYEARS ahead of garbage like Men's Health - wonderful, informative content, glossy full-color heavy stock paper, the works. Anyway, make sure you purchase the September 2004 issue - it has an article about getting this specific type of body "one that looks great in an Armani suit", to quote the author of the article. The article is also loaded with AMAZING pictures of this guy with a literally PERCECT physique - lean, long, muscular, flexible, and powerful. It's IDEAL - if you want to find out more about this I highly recommend that you purchase the magazine - it's only like $4.99 US.
Thing is , I don't live in the U.s , so you shall give me the link to this magazine ,However If im 141 lbs and 1.74 cm ...How much shall i weigh to become the Lean and cutt ??

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not your mom - please do the research yourself. Try googling it, though I'm not sure an on-line version of the magazine exists.