Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much weight/reps do u use on these lifts?

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Barbell bench press

- Barbell incline bench press

- Barbell Curls

- Triceps exercise with a barbell (behind your neck and extending the arm to the ceiling..dunno what u call this exercise in english)

- Leg Press (the one where u dont only push the weight to the front but forward and upward)

- those 2 back exercises for the back especially the lats for which you use cables...for the first exercise u pull the cable DOWN to your chest (or to the neck) while sitting, for the second exercise youre sitting to but use a cable that you can pull to your chest without pulling it down at all)

- Military Press (does m.press mean you start with the weight behind your head/neck or in front of it?...i do it behind the head)

If you do any of those 2 exercises and dont have any major dysbalances (?) in your muscles, please post some numers...Im asking this because I started doing some exercises fairly late and wonder how much catching up Ill still have to do (approximately).. I know its more about looking in the mirror, but if u can post ur numbers i guess this will give me an idea.

thx

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look mate, if I told you I could bench 400lbs at 17 would you
a) believe me
b) try to catch up with me
c) think you're some sort of weakling because you couldn't do that at 17

IT'S ALL DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE. Stop comparing yourself to everyone else, the only measure you need, the only standard you have to adhere to/improve is your own; what does it matter what guy a is deadlifting, he might have been blessed with natural strength meaning he'll be lightyears ahead of you for the rest of his and your lives, and you'll probably never catch him.

You guys have got to stop looking at the weights people use, and look at other stuff.. you won't be comparing yourself to some 250lbs hulk, you'll be looking at the next 20 yo guy and seeing what they do .. whereas what you SHOULD be doing is watching the hulk, not counting his weight but looking at how he trains, what exercises he does (compounds or isolations), the volume/frequency of his training, ask him what/how much he eats.. THAT's the sort of questions you should be asking, NOT that infernal "Hey dude, how much can you bench?"

(Incidentally, I couldn't bench 400 at 17, I was nowhere near that, I was lucky if I could clear 50kg for six or eight reps.. maybe another reason why I'm so anti-bench, it's always kicked my ass :D )

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah dude... and from what you've posted here before madgame, I'm sure all you need for an ego boost is to visit a gym, see the size/strength of all the guys your age, and then laugh.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Warboss Alex: I don't really care if other people lift more weight than me or if they don't...I'm just wondering about the ratios...

yeah dude... and from what you've posted here before madgame, I'm sure all you need for an ego boost is to visit a gym, see the size/strength of all the guys your age, and then laugh.
I'm going to a gym to work out legs and back, but I started doing this fairly late (3 years after I started doing all the other stuff). That's why I'm pretty interested in how much weight/reps you guys use for those back exercises I listed compared to lifts like the bench press or military press that I've been doing a lot longer...

I'm really not out to compare myself or brag about the weights I lift with other guys or anything..actually I set myself a goal of focussing on the muscles I'm not completely satisfied yet (mostly backs and legs) and bulk them up until next summer, because that's when I plan on being done with trying to gain any muscle and will only work out/eat for maintaining my muscles...(because a)I'm really satisfied with most muscles on me and dont wanna be any more muscular (other than back/legs where i still have some catching up to do) plus b)I need more energy for other things like college for example...)

so ANYBODY please tell me and just give me a few NUMBERS :D

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to give you an idea???

with what you said, i'd put a reaaaaaallly rough estimate saying your squat should be at your bench max for reps, and your deadlift should be a bit over that for reps....

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares what others lift?
you arent anyone but yourself.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares what others lift?
I do not. That's why I said I only cared about the ratio. If you guys don't feel like giving you the numbers of what you lift, because you think that's unnecessary say your bench press is 1 and then calculate how much percent of your benchpress your other lifts are or something like that..I only care about the RATIO...

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's gonna be different for everybody mate. Generally I find that most lifters will bench somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of their squat, with ratios diminishing as you get stronger. Squats and deads are usually very similar, with maybe deads being a little heavier than squats.

Thats just a rough idea of what I've seen among clients and friends though. There's no right or wrong ratio. Depending on your genetics and build, you'll prolly be better at some lifts than others.