Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much does acne hurt your game?

Adam B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cuz I've been breaking out pretty bad lately and I have my eyes on a couple chicks and it's hurting my confidence a little, but I don't show it.

Do girls really care about acne?

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I feel your pain, literally. I used to have really bad acne, and I always felt like girls would only see that and run away. It must have been true, because I am not bad looking at all, but didn't get much action in high school. I'm sure there were other factors, but acne sure as hell didn't help. It really kills your self esteem as well, so even if girls don't care as much as you think, inside it bothers us and that shows on the outside. What worse for me, now that I'm a "mature" man, is that I still have it. Not nearly as bas as before, but definitely still noticeable. It really blows. I think in high school it's muuch more common though, so girls should be fairly used to it. I have that drinking or applyine Apple Cider Vinegar to your face will clear it up. It tastes like hell though, but if it works it's 1000 times better than acne.

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesn't really, because i don't have any, which is the result of a daily face wash. but i think you're asking the wrong question. you shouldn't care if they care, and if it's hurting your confidence, have a plan of action for getting rid of your acne. acne's caused by stress, and if your stressed about it, it'll get worse, so just relax and don't let it affect you.. i doubt anyone worth your time would ever point it out to you, so why assume otherwise? good luck.

patrick

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax and dont let it affect you? Sorry but that doesnt sound like much of a plan of action. Go to a dermatologist and get some professional help.

And i hate to break it to ya, but yea acne really kills your game. My acne is barely noticeable, and ive talked to my gf and other girls about other guys, and whenever I mention a certain name or two the girls are ALWAYS like "eww his face is so gross"

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
Relax and dont let it affect you? Sorry but that doesnt sound like much of a plan of action. Go to a dermatologist and get some professional help.

And i hate to break it to ya, but yea acne really kills your game. My acne is barely noticeable, and ive talked to my gf and other girls about other guys, and whenever I mention a certain name or two the girls are ALWAYS like "eww his face is so gross"
Exactly, and it's fvkt because people who have never had it don't understand, they think it's something that the person is doing wrong, or that they're dirty.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea it really does cuz sometimes i might wake up in the morning and have a bit of an outbreak on my face and as soon as you look in the mirror you can just FEEL your heart and confidence sink and your just like "this is gonna be such a sh*tty day"

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, hit up a dermatologist and get put on accutane. It's extreme; you'll get really dry skin and have to get a lot of blood tests, but it WILL fix the problem (most likely for good too).

And yes it does hurt your game not to mention your confidence. Don't let anyone lie to you it will hurt your game. Too many people spout this "looks have no effect" bs on this site. Not only does it make you look worse, people associate acne with lack of hygiene/personal maintenance, a very unattractive quality.

How bad is your acne? Chances are that over-the-counter crap won't help. I had acne, bad acne, and I tried everything. Oxy pads, creams, face washes, salicylic acid, retin-a, you name it. Finally I went to a dermatologist who put me on accutane. Not only did it fix the acne I had, I haven't had acne since (7-8 years ago). Naturally I'll get the odd pimple every now and then but nothing a little acne cream doesn't fix in a day. So hell with all this "don't let it affect you" bullcrap because it will affect you in one way or another. Sure, fix your confidence but fix the acne problem while your at it

Adam B

Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
Dude, hit up a dermatologist and get put on accutane. It's extreme; you'll get really dry skin and have to get a lot of blood tests, but it WILL fix the problem (most likely for good too).

And yes it does hurt your game not to mention your confidence. Don't let anyone lie to you it will hurt your game. Too many people spout this "looks have no effect" bs on this site. Not only does it make you look worse, people associate acne with lack of hygiene/personal maintenance, a very unattractive quality.

How bad is your acne? Chances are that over-the-counter crap won't help. I had acne, bad acne, and I tried everything. Oxy pads, creams, face washes, salicylic acid, retin-a, you name it. Finally I went to a dermatologist who put me on accutane. Not only did it fix the acne I had, I haven't had acne since (7-8 years ago). Naturally I'll get the odd pimple every now and then but nothing a little acne cream doesn't fix in a day. So hell with all this "don't let it affect you" bullcrap because it will affect you in one way or another. Sure, fix your confidence but fix the acne problem while your at it
Yeah, I just went to the dermatologist and he put me on the Differin Gel. He said that it would probably take 6-12 weeks before I saw any noticable results though, so that's why I'm asking. I really don't want to go the Accutane rout just yet because of the side effects. How long does it take for Accutane to really work though? And is there anything I can do to lighten it up and make it less obvious?

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try just Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% every day.
Wash your face thoroughly, then put it on for a few minutes, then wash off. I just started, and i think its doing well, but its hard to tell because my acne is at its worst ever.

www.acne.org.

Its works, apparently. I'm giving it a chance, and if you care, i'll PM you about it in a week or two to let you know how the first month worked out.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:

I second Everything he said. Next time you go to the derm ask them about it. I went through a sh#t load of gels, creams, and pills with mine before we finally did the 'tane.
Worked great. Some side effects were a b!tch but well worth it.
My game is up and confidence is up.
And acne can mess with your confidence, but I recently found out about a cute girl that had told my sister she'd fvck me if I lost the acne. Just an example that it does ruin your game

TheAnswer_

Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
I second Everything he said. Next time you go to the derm ask them about it. I went through a sh#t load of gels, creams, and pills with mine before we finally did the 'tane.
Worked great. Some side effects were a b!tch but well worth it.
My game is up and confidence is up.
And acne can mess with your confidence, but I recently found out about a cute girl that had told my sister she'd fvck me if I lost the acne. Just an example that it does ruin your game
same thing happened to me. It will hurt your game and anyone that tells you it won't is lying plain and simple.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had it much worse than others. Probably much worse than you. I had acne in elementary school; yes that's right, I had ACNE in elementary school. Not just light acne either; it was disgusting and very severe. In elementary school. And the assumption was always that if I'd take a wash cloth, put water on it, then rub my face with it my acne would magically go away over night. Acne does kill your game. Girls are ridiculously shallow though; the ones who care about that aren't the ones you really want to end up with anyway.

After years of torture, I finally got Acutane. My self-confidence will never be what it was again, but getting rid of the acne has helped.

cw92

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently battiling with with acne, and I am glad to see all this advice. I am going to a dermatologist soon.

It really does kill your self confidence, people just think its because your not clean.