Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much $$$ do you spend on dates?

pjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with many of the comments on this posting, however, as somebody posted earlier, they usually go on first dates as listed below,

bowling

I don't know about you, but where I come from, the bowling alley's are loaded with either teenage high school kids or trashy drunks.

There are plenty of bowling alleys where i'm from that have bars in them. AKA...thats why many high school teenagers go there as well.

Me and a few friends recently went to a bowling alley one friday night. First time in a while, and it's still the same. Except now, they have Bowling League Nights on Friday's and Saturdays. ANd it's usually out of shape men and women who play. ANd it makes for an overcrowded noisey annoying experience when your with friends you've known for years, yet alone on a first date.

Besides, nearing 30 years old, not to many people would enjoy a first date at these kinds of bowling alleys.

riding your bikes

nice idea, but where i live, there are not many parks and no bike paths. So unless you ride in the middle of major highways with crazy cars flying by, i don't think it's a good idea. And in the summer time, the bugs are nasty.

rock climbing

Being that the nearest mountain is probably 2000 miles away, this won't work. And as of yet, i have not found a indoor rock climbing facility within 3 hours of me.

comedy clubs

not a bad idea, there are a few comedy clubs around me, albiet it will be at least a 40 minute drive to get to one, but still not a bad first date. However, the few comedy clubs sort of near me, cost $20 or more to get in, depending on who is there, drinks cost at least 5 bucks and so on. So you're spending at least 50 bucks just to get in the door and have one drink.

ice skating

thats great if you know how to ice skate and she knows how to ice skate. How many people really know how to ice skate?

working out

This has never worked for me for one, and for another, the gyms usually bring out other "tough" guys who think lifting the highest weight imaginable One Time is a workout usually results in not having a good time.

I like all your ideas, although i don't agree with them. FOr me, When i go out on a date, I'll most likely spend between $60 - $200, depending on where i go.

And the problem with nice "picnic" like dates, i surprised one girl by taking her to the beach, all nice and romantic, however she looked at me and refused to sit down on a towel on the beach. She demanded me take her home cause she thought i was cheap, albiet it, a picnic isn't as cheap as you think, but it's not as expensive as a 5 star restaurant either.

SO i don't do that anymore because i'm not the only one who had that experience where i'm from. Most females near me have the attitude that they'd rather be at a high class mall then outside.

Coffee dates, there is like one coffee shop near me and it's not really a coffee shop. Unless you count Borders, but taking a date to a book store only works if she's into reading books.

Thats my two cents worth.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pjam:

ice skating

thats great if you know how to ice skate and she knows how to ice skate. How many people really know how to ice skate?
I am a pretty good skater and this is something I like to do for dates. I will say that the best ice skating dates I have had are when the chick can stand up on skates but barely can skate herself. This puts me in a dominant role and gives me a lot of opportunities for extensive kino.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pjam,

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with a couple of your points.

"ice skating

thats great if you know how to ice skate and she knows how to ice skate. How many people really know how to ice skate?"

Well, I took a date ice skating before... it was my and her first time. We fell over and over, and laughed all the time. Afterwards, it was the perfect excuse for us to give each other full-body massages. Plus, we had to hold hands most of the time to support each other from falling... excellent kino opportunity (plus imagine the intimacy when I fell and she fell right on top of me (I told her to get those dirty thoughts out of her mind until we were out of the rink, that there were kids present. She playfully slapped me on the shoulder, and kissed me).

"And the problem with nice "picnic" like dates, i surprised one girl by taking her to the beach, all nice and romantic, however she looked at me and refused to sit down on a towel on the beach. She demanded me take her home cause she thought i was cheap, albiet it, a picnic isn't as cheap as you think, but it's not as expensive as a 5 star restaurant either."

If a girl pulled that shyt on me, I would thank her for letting me know that she was such a conceited, self-centered, no-fun, prudish, gold-digger, and prompty take her home and tear up her number. In truth, she's doing you a favor... you don't want to be with someone like that.

As for taking girls on a cheap date, it's all about how you frame it.

I remember talking to a girl who was an owner of a very successful company, plus she was a 9, and I told her that I'll be taking her to the fanciest restaurant in town... McDonalds. And that I would buy a $0.99 Big and Tasty for her, and a $0.99 Big and Tasty for me. Then we would get one large fries, and share it together. And if she's really nice, I'll ask for two small cups of water, and when no one was looking, fill up the water cups with soda. Then finally, if she was extra-sweet, I might even splurge and get her one of those teaser sized ice-cream cones they sell for $0.15.

Her reply? "Oh my gosh, I love those ice cream cones. Let's do it!"

The bottom line, is that cheap or expensive is besides the point. If you're ashamed of going on a cheap date, and believe me, girls can tell when you are, then yeah, a girl will not be happy with it.

But, if you put a spin on it, and make it fun for her, then anything will work!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an excellent thread, btw. There are several gems of info, like this one -

it's better to reward a woman for good behavior than it is to punish her for bad behavior.

That is "positive reinforcement," and there is research that proves this statement to be true when dealing with children. Most tactics that work well with children also work with women, like setting boundaries and responding to tests.

doommarine44

Reaction score
Or you could go FREE......
I went out with a girl to Ihop and drank water.. we just talked forever, then i got her into my car.. more talking slow but sure kino.. and took her to my office for the home run score!! Im a cheap arse, so hey whatever works..

AcknowledgeDaRep

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that a great deal of PUAs don't even pay for their date, they split the bill. Isn't paying for the date like supplicating and saying that she's better than you?

Particularly on a first date, I try to always split the bill or tell her that she can get the next one.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
D@mn! The level of maturity in these discussions are astonishing, compared to the ones that are on the board right now. Now I see why so many veteran-DJ's say it was so much better "back in the days" on SS. These 2001 posters knew their stuff, too bad so many of them left.
True.