Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much do you drink?

How much do you drink?

• Total voters

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and one of my plates were discussing alcohol last night and she thought having more than 5 beers or 4 shots was too much in a night....and I told her well for a woman, it would be too much.

I'm curious, how much do you guys drink when you go out?

Pick less than 3 if you aren't old enough or don't drink when you go out.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe on avg a 2 beers a year. not a hevy or even light drinker. last drink I had.. actually I did drink a little, was the day after thanksgiving, arkansas and lsu game, I had a 2 mixed drinks and 3 sminoffs. but I probably won't drink again until the kentucky derby.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excluding christmas holidays, hardly any drinks anymore.

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
six beers will have me feeling nice. if its mixed drinks im not sure maybe 4 cups or so depending how much liquor i pour in the cup.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate binge drinking and think it's stupid when people that do. I'm talking about people getting fighting and puking drunk. After 2-3 drinks, I'm feeling pretty good and hit that sweet spot where you feel tipsy but won't have a hangover the next morning. No need to go further than that. Besides, when I drink too much, I start having serious vision problems.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got so drunk one night at siesta keys in a night club at florida I tried to pay a guys girl , while he was dancing with her, to give me a blow job . she was ****ing hot. I was ****ing trashed LMAO. an entire liter of 100% vodka will do that to ya lol

that was the last time I really got fvcke dup, about 3 years ago

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I hate binge drinking and think it's stupid when people that do. I'm talking about people getting fighting and puking drunk. After 2-3 drinks, I'm feeling pretty good and hit that sweet spot where you feel tipsy but won't have a hangover the next morning. No need to go further than that.
I'm with you 100% there. I *LIKE* to drink, but I hate getting actually drunk.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I hate binge drinking and think it's stupid when people that do. I'm talking about people getting fighting and puking drunk. After 2-3 drinks, I'm feeling pretty good and hit that sweet spot where you feel tipsy but won't have a hangover the next morning. No need to go further than that. Besides, when I drink too much, I start having serious vision problems.
congratulations, you are not a trend follower or trying to be cool!

people that drink just cause of the whole societal aspect of coolness of being drunk are just stupid.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You already know what my ghetto a$$ drinks. lol

U

user43770

f283000 said:
congratulations, you are not a trend follower or trying to be cool!

people that drink just cause of the whole societal aspect of coolness of being drunk are just stupid.

I think most people enjoy being drunk for reasons other than that you've stated. For me, it's a way to escape reality and enjoy myself more than I would otherwise.

Desdinova said:
I only have one drink when I go out, since I'm usually driving. If I'm walking, I get fvcking blasted.
Amen, brother.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
For me, it's a way to escape reality and enjoy myself more than I would otherwise.
Are you really though? Your reality is still waiting for you the next morning, only now you've got a hang over. Does alcohol really make experiences more enjoyable? Are there things you enjoy that you'd like even without booze?

U

user43770

Rollo Tomassi said:
Are you really though? Your reality is still waiting for you the next morning, only now you've got a hang over.
If I went out sober, my problems would always be in the back of my mind, popping up from time to time. The escape may only last one night, but that's better than nothing.

Does alcohol really make experiences more enjoyable?
Yes.

Are there things you enjoy that you'd like even without booze?
Of course, but those things don't interfere with my Friday and Saturday nights.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on my mood. I'm a Marine. If I'm drinking and my drinks aren't so stiff they're standing at attention, that's a no-go. Exceptions are made when I'm the DD and need to see some buddies home, I won't drink usually. If I'm DD AND socially required to be drinking, then I'll have three drinks maximum, and then it's spread over six hours minimum. My rule is two hours for every drink, or two hours since my last whichever comes later.

I'll drink all night, but I never get so drunk I lose control. That's my one rule.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I should have mentioned that my answer might be a little biased due to the super high tolerance I developed from my frat years...

It was interesting to hear the argument from my plate regarding number of drinks and degree of alcoholism. I think she basically called me an alcoholic for having so many drinks in a span of 3-4 hours (think I had close to 13-15). But then I told her that I didn't lose control, start a fire, or punched a cop in the face. She could not understand the fact that I have a high tolerance, and unless I sit there and down 5-7 shots of tequilla in a period of 1 hour, it's very tough for me to get blitzed.

PLUS

eating the right type of food (complex carbs) couple of hours before you start drinking, going to the bathroom every hour, having a glass of water twice in an hour, eating more food after drinking, AND downing a gallon of water right before you go to bed prevents massive hangover. I can't remember the last time I've had to take a recovery day because of a terrible hangover.

If you are going to party, you have to know how to party right! :D

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
If I went out sober, my problems would always be in the back of my mind, popping up from time to time. The escape may only last one night, but that's better than nothing.

Yes.

Of course, but those things don't interfere with my Friday and Saturday nights.
you are an alcholic int he making. and i'm dead serious. you need to be careful.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My tolerance for alcohol steadily declined over the years. I used to have 4-5 drinks. Then three. Now two.

Also, what I've never liked about drinking is this whole idea about testosterone competition. Drink for good taste, gawd damn, not who can get the most pounded or thump the biggest chest. While I avoid patently girly drinks like cosmopolitans, I do love sweet mixed drinks. I love sweetness and hate the abrasive vulgarities of alcohol. I mostly stick to red wine, as I'm a huge lover of red wine, for not only does it taste amazing but girls don't second guess my sexuality, and in fact wine is very potent on implied social power. I do understand, though, why drinking has the competitive component - drinking is deeply ingrained in our evolutionary/anthropological past as a mating/sexual selection ritual. Other animals get into fights as their mating rituals, we drink.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently had my eyes opened to how alcohol is perceived in society. Working in the liquor industry as long as I have will do that to you, especially when times are as tough as they've gotten and may get worse.

I realize that sounds strange coming from a guy with a big stake in vodka, but I think I'm beginning to have a different view of alcohol in society. I'm literally surrounded by it everyday. I do drink, but I see it as a product now - the magic's kind of gone for me.

Personally I can drink 1 martini and be fine; other times I can go through a 6 pack and 4 shots after a tall boy or two. Before I worked for the company I had maybe 4 beers on a weekend. If I'm doing a launch I may drink something 4 days in a row. Just kind of depends.

I don't drink to be social (I do drink alone at times), I don't drink to make things more enjoyable and I don't drink to escape or relax or even for the flavor in particular. I drink because I like the effect, and that's pretty much the nuts and bolts of it for everyone really. People will say one thing or another about why they drink, but if you could substitute something non-alcoholic that served the same function - essentially taking the 'high' out of drinking - no one would have those answers. But so long as people come up with reasonings that go beyond this fact, a lot of people (myself included) will continue to make a lot of money.