How many Sociopaths have you dated?

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Ran into this article that describes how to spot a sociopath.

Article --> http://www.youmeworks.com/sociopaths.html

Scroll down to the part that says: "How To Spot A Sociopath" and read the list. How many women you've dated fit those descriptions?

If you find a woman you're dealing with matches a lot of behaviors from that list.. that's a good indicator she should be used strictly for sex and no emotional bonding should be allowed on your end. :up:

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is most all women at least mildly meet the criteria of being sociopaths lol. Especially if and when they are not attracted to a man. Heck, feminism could fit the bill of being sociopathic.

If it was a man doing those same things women commonly do, he'd be called a mild sociopath. But if a woman does those things, then she's considered to be just an everyday, average, normal woman. A woman has to be at the extreme end of psychopathy before she is labeled as so. A man could merely be looking after is own best interests and would risk meeting the criteria.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By that description I've dated at least a few.

Have you often felt that he (or she, because women can be sociopaths too)......
Wow, thanks article! Thought it was just us evil men.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
that article is pretty much crap, the 13 how to tell if he/she is a psychopath, points is balls, most people could be squeezed into those brackets by another person. diagnosing a psychopath is a detailed and strict process, just because you may have had a bad run in with a person and felt used by them, does not make them a psychopath.
that said, I am utterly convinced women present with more of the attributes than men do and the 1% figure is rubbish, Id estimate closer to 10% but Psycopaths are usually pretty clever at diverting/distracting and balming other factors so they dont become the object of suspicion

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
0 sociopaths, 2 BPDs one of which was probably HPD/BPD. Most women I've dated meet the criteria for NPD though, LOL.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Play her the Man,
Smart enough never to have dated one.....Have observed one from the sidelines,not pretty!.....Once had one as a Boss,he took a malicious pleasure in destroying People,relationships institutions....Interesting though,He had a much younger and very beautiful Wife,quite unexpectedly after a very short illness,she turned her toes up and died...This Guy at the age of 62 went on sick leave,refused to eat,went to bed,faced the wall and three weeks later he had willed himself to Death...This a Man who had fought in the Air Force in WW11 ...There's no accounting for People!

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Play her the Man,
Smart enough never to have dated one.....Have observed one from the sidelines,not pretty!.....Once had one as a Boss,he took a malicious pleasure in destroying People,relationships institutions....Interesting though,He had a much younger and very beautiful Wife,quite unexpectedly after a very short illness,she turned her toes up and died...This Guy at the age of 62 went on sick leave,refused to eat,went to bed,faced the wall and three weeks later he had willed himself to Death...This a Man who had fought in the Air Force in WW11 ...There's no accounting for People!
Mr. Scaramouche, thank you wise sir for your stories and experiences.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
according to this, I was married to a sociopath. And her friends, and bosses at work, are too. No surprise, I always knew they were messed up. they tried to make me feel like I was.

my therapist has tested me and said I an ok, she and her friends are "a mess".
makes me wonder who next?"

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100324091320AAeBs4r

Why are successful female sociopaths so sexual and so sexually appealing?

Science does have some answers for us here. Testosterone which is elevated in many male sociopaths is also elevated in female sociopaths. Studies of non-disordered women indicate that higher testosterone levels are associated with increased sex drive, increased sexual activity and YES sexual attractiveness to men! High testosterone makes both male and female sociopaths sexually appealing. Testosterone may also be related to the lack of parenting behavior seen in sociopathic women. Women with higher testosterone have been found to be less interested in motherhood.

Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm
Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
Incapacity for Love
Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Other Related Qualities:
Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
judging from this post, my ex-wife of late is definitely a sociopath. And from reading this, most of them I have been with show strong signs of being sociopaths. Guess I really know how to pick 'em!
Perhaps we really need to concentrate on how to I.D. their butts, and avoid them like the plague. They have messed me up over the years, and are not worth putting up with at all.

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, from that description maybe even i am a sociopath :))))
isn't that a little vague? i mean, yes, most women i've met displayed at least SOME signs, but even i do sometimes, hmmm makes me think :D

the problem is with the biased judgement and double standards. a women acting stupid is ok, women are emotional creatures. if men, they are marginalized and judged much more harshly. we just have to accept this. if we didn't fook sociopath women, our wiener would dry very fast. for LTR we shouldn't settle with them (including those that hunt these forums). but for ONS, or fun-plates, or just practice for the LTR? why not? as long as they don't fall into the mentally deranged psychopath category. because that, gentleman, is bad for your health.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
0 sociopaths, 2 BPDs one of which was probably HPD/BPD. Most women I've dated meet the criteria for NPD though, LOL.
Couldnt agree more. The diagnostic criteria is supposedly getting significantly revamped for the DSM-V, but look at the criteria in the DSM-IV and IV TR:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration

Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Now, I dont think that making a mental checklist from the DSM makes one qualified to diagnose personality disorders, but how much does the above list sound like just about every modern American female you have dated?!?!

I think the incidence is increasing to the point where NPD is becoming more of a cultural phenomena rather than a disorder of a small fraction of the population.

In 2009, Twenge and Campbell conducted studies suggesting that the incidence of NPD had more than doubled in the US in the prior 10 years, and that 1 in 16 of the population have experienced NPD.
[Twenge, Jean M. & Campbell, W. Keith The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement (2009)]