Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many people do you have?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just looked at my phone book, and realized that I have only a few people who I went out with more than twice and who wouldn't be surprized if I call them up.

Most of them are either highschool friends I haven't seen in like... months. Or work-friends, who didn't become personal... or some other numbers I don't even remember.

I have only 10-12 people who I know personally and keep in touch currently.

I thought it was much much more :eek:

I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT YOUR PHONEBOOK AND COUNT HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH AND KNOW

Blake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I only have a little more than a handful of of people I can call and most of them are either married or in LTR's or homebodies. The last few Friday's have been very fustrating for me as I try to find someone to go out on the town with. I've been fortunate enough to get in touch with an old freind who's single and enjoys the nightlife. Right now he's my best friend as we are in the same situation.

One of my goals from this website other than picking up girls is to learn how to expand my circle of freinds. Not sure where to begin though, especially keeping in touch-thats my biggest problem.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have only a few (like 1-2) outside of my g/f.

A year ago when my g/f was just someone I was dating, she and the people we know mutually, were all people I went out with. Now I feel almost obligated to find some people to go out with so that there is some separation.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being at university and being very outgoing helps, but I have over 50 numbers and email addresses, and there are well over 100 people I know and talk to at Uni, but it's more quantity over quality, as I consider very few of these people close friends I could go out with.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 ish people.

8 hard cores friends that I hook up with on a regular basis. The rest are people I keep in contact with and see on a irregular basis.

I have many other acquantences I also keep in contact with...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hm.....well..about 7 or 8 i can keep in contact w/. but lately or most of the time, on an average basis, i'll keep in touch with about 2 or 3.

the rest i may have hunt out with once or twice or not at all. but will possibly say hi or bye to them if i ever see them around.

my bro keeps in touch w/ almost everyone on his phonebook every week. just to say hi and see how they were doing. he's graduated and lives & work ikn delaware. im not sure what's his purpose of doing that, but possibly stay in contact with his network of ppl if he's ever in trouble or whatever..

I could do that, but at my viewpoint, i dont really see a reason for that

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
very few...indeed...

the contact list in my handphone is around 170++....

the TRUE friends only 4 guys that i usually hang out with....

the rest are mainly social proof in college....never call them and never get thier calls.

so sad...but true...:(

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yep those would be acquaintences that you've met throughout college. i have several of those ppl in my phonebook. i may have hung out once with them or never, but we dont keep in contact anyway.

oh well it happens.

btw im curious as to why u made this post?

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not ironic at all. It's realistic. 5-10 close friends is about right for most people. The rest of the people you know are acquantencies (sp?)

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
btw im curious as to why u made this post?
Being the social guy I am... ummm consider myself to be ;) I thought this number would be much greater. I have like 500 people I know by name, but only 10 of them I actually know personally. I wanted to see if this was the case with other ppl too

There's only so small number of hours each week to hang out with people. So sad...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well..i guess it's all a part of life. when you reach that age (mainly college life), you'll have to juggle your life and schedule cause you are more busy. out of your priorites, having a social life is the last priority.

it's happened to the best of us. These past 2 months i havent even been hanging out with my buddies on fridays like i normally do each week. why? cuz of finals/homeworks/projects plus i have saturday class. then juggling work and gym along with school.

Reaction score
I don't have a phone book - I have no friends! :(

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People?!? What people?!?

All I have is you guys and an inflatable doll....

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
500 people I know by name
Damn dude, how do you remember all these names? I'd be lucky if I can remember couple names every time I meet a group of people. It's really sad. Is there a trick to remember people's names? I'm very good with faces but names, that's a whole different story. Share the secret...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They say that your lucky if you have one true friend in your life..

..keep that in mind. I always question my sociability, and then I think to myself, are they really all hanging out together as truthful friends? Or are they there because their nervous and each and every one of them wants to fit in.

I read a story the other day, and it was about this girl that went through high school questioning herself. Then, at the end, she said "and then I realized, we were all the same" . That should give some backup to my claims :)

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My contact list is 50+ but ask me how many I keep up with regularly, and I'd say maybe 5 tops. Ask me with whom are actual friends, and I'd say around 3 or so.

So it's not how many - because a lot of people are "surface" friends...

When you think about it...in the end, we're all "alone" and that's why it's hard to find true friends and people you keep up frequently.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ebach
Damn dude, how do you remember all these names? I'd be lucky if I can remember couple names every time I meet a group of people. It's really sad. Is there a trick to remember people's names? I'm very good with faces but names, that's a whole different story. Share the secret...
I'm having problems with this too. But I do this:

Once a person introduces herself, I repeat her name.
When I talk to that person, I mention their name all the time
I'm not afraid to ask their name again, and agin :D
Say "hi, bob/linda" all the time I see them

Sometimes, If you have a pic of a group, you write the names down so you won't forget