Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Many of You Still Call for Dates?

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering. I actually met this incredibly hot 35 yr old.

And I'm going to ask her out tonight and since we're both of the age where people used to call on phones... should I?

I just pause a bit because I have given younger women a call for dates and you can tell that they are literally stunned.

So tell me. What percentage do you call vs text for dates? And what age range?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. If she's interested in you, she will respond positively to either a call or text. Don't overanalyze simple steps.

Lord Hypnos

Don Juan
Reaction score
calling is better because you can screen her interest level much better than you can via texting. can you hear her tone of voice over a text? with a text, can you tell if she is excited to hear from you, or if is she hesitant when you make your pitch? it's also good to build some rapport before a date. all these things allow you to screen her better, which saves you time. texting puts you into the orbiter/girlfriend category automatically. but go ahead and be a trendy hipster and txt her, make sure to include a smiley :cheer: and lolz :crackup: :crackup:

visions

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe the consensus is that the younger people (as mostly pushed by women) prefer texting vs calling.

in your shoes I'd call.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd call, but the last group of (met online) dates I've been on they all only gave me their number right before meeting up. Just in case something came up last minute.

I asked 2 of them for their number well before that but they just ignored the request. Both told me later they'd been harassed too often when it didn't work out and 1 had to change her number.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lord Hypnos said:
calling is better because you can screen her interest level much better than you can via texting. can you hear her tone of voice over a text? with a text, can you tell if she is excited to hear from you, or if is she hesitant when you make your pitch? it's also good to build some rapport before a date. all these things allow you to screen her better, which saves you time. texting puts you into the orbiter/girlfriend category automatically. but go ahead and be a trendy hipster and txt her, make sure to include a smiley :cheer: and lolz :crackup: :crackup:
^^Agreed. Great explanation.

I like to call as well. If I've never met them(online date) or a follow up on a random one night stand, I'll usually text a few times but I like to call before we meet up. Bridges a gap, makes her feel more comfortable. Plus, If she's on the fence about meeting you a call is easier to bring her back on board.

Also, if you two start getting into a good, long conversation, that definitely helps, but don't make it too long, and try to end it when it's at it's peak. (PUA 101) Leave her wanting more. Gets her juices flowing about the date....."hmmm maybe I will trim my bush tonight"

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done both with success. Usually texting when I know the person less or never see them in person.

What do you guys think about a girl that doesn't answer the phone when you call? I've only tried to call once and she texted me back an hour later - but didn't call me back. I see her in person a lot so either I will just wait until I see her or just send a text.

lamobatsman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:
I've done both with success. Usually texting when I know the person less or never see them in person.

What do you guys think about a girl that doesn't answer the phone when you call? I've only tried to call once and she texted me back an hour later - but didn't call me back. I see her in person a lot so either I will just wait until I see her or just send a text.

thats a good question and i want to know this answer too! does this mean they not intersted??

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:

Depends on what I've got going on. If I'm not outcome dependent I won't return the text. Wait for her to get the point and call back. If I'm playing her silly little game until we meet, then I'll text back. If she doesn't bring up the call I'll be sure to mention it though. Make sure she knows I'm not a pushover and am going to let her ignore my calls like nothing happened. Nip that in the bud right away.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
Texting is optimum for college age. I never call.
I don't call anymore either, not for a couple years now. If a text (which is what young women prefer these days) doesn't work then she's not interested enough and a call isn't going to help.

As for a mid-30's woman like the OP is describing though I can't say.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your interaction with her up to this point has been on-game and solid, texting or calling her won't really make a difference.

Likewise, if a girl has no interest in you whatsoever, shooting her a call instead of a text won't magically make her do a 360 degree turn-around.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
It doesn't matter. If she's interested in you, she will respond positively to either a call or text. Don't overanalyze simple steps.
I don't know, girls will freak out if you call nowadays. I always text and works every time. I've called before, and it's gotten awkward a few times. I suppose phone calls are a little too personal and aggressive for the girl on a first date.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've talked to her face to face calling shouldn't be an issue. However, the time when you do can be a factor. 2pm during a workday would be bad. She wouldn't answer. After 7 pm? I'd say a lot better. And I agree with hearing the voice. It is a great measure of interest. That is IF she actually picks up. These bıtches nowadays look at the phone, go "Ew!" and don't answer it.

Texting is a free-for-all. You can do it any time, but you may wait hours for a reply (that in itself is also a measure of interest).

So, text during the day, call in the evening when you think she is out of work and free to talk. Or hell, mix it up; if she's interested in you you can send smoke signals and she'll be right there with a toaster and a blanket answering you on the other side of town. If she thinks you're dogshıt, she'll ignore a bullhorn in her ear.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I dated a 37 y.o, she preferred TXTing to calling. It's not how old they are, it's what year it is, and right now calling is not in fashion. Back before smart phones became popular, I used to call all the time because I hated SMS (still do), and it was not a problem with the (interested) girls, including young ones (18~23 university age was and are my prime targets). Now calling is considered too much too soon, just like, say a dinner date, so I TXT instead.

On a related note, back then booty call was literally a call, now it's actually a booty TXT. :D

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is certainly a part of today's zeitgeist. I sometimes wish I could travel back in time to the year of 1998.

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For chicks I meet online, I find that a screening call helps reduce flakes and get them to meet up with me. For chicks I meet in person, I go the texting route. That's just been my experience though...