Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many of you REALLY enjoy picking up?

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to the DJ forums (the main ones) these few days, and I've noticed a lot of guys seem to take the approach that picking up is some sort of struggle (or worse, a war).

How many of you actually enjoy picking up? Is it a menial task to do until you get laid, or do you enjoy the process?

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh it's definitely about the chase. I sometimes go out with the boys just to see who can pick up who, who's got better game, etc.
Just going out and meeting new people is fun because it makes for some funny stories (ex. how when talking to this girl, my best friend leaned on a barstool and fell).

It also helps to get you out of your usual routine and try some new interesting things.

Summary:
"The thrill of the hunt, is just if not more important than the capture."

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its a ****ing blast.

once you dont care if you get turned down...it changes

when I do anyting else in life I lose.....atleast 1 time I will lose.

so why not enjoy the thrill of the chase and win!

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Enjoying the process is the most important part of this, otherwise why bother (aside from getting laid that is)

Yeah, every situation and every woman is different, I love it!

Mr. Mystery

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Making them laugh... giving them a good time... seeing a smile when they see me again.

I love it.

Giuseppe Notte

Don Juan
Reaction score
For those who go out to "meet girls" only, the best possible advice available is to go out "to have fun" instead.

The less your care about the whole thing, the less stressed you will be. This is visible to the outside as well, and women pick this up quickly.

Just by having fun and "being the life of the party" you will attract many girls and grab their attention.

FEEL GOOD. That's key.

Nitemare

Reaction score
"The Chase is better than the catch"...When I "used" to go out with the guys, immediately we would be checking out the hotties..and most of the time is was me who would approach them first. Then I would either get shot down, bored, or let my other friends take over, or actually get phone numbers...But it does take balls to step up..Most guys prefer not to...

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
I've been to the DJ forums (the main ones) these few days, and I've noticed a lot of guys seem to take the approach that picking up is some sort of struggle (or worse, a war).

How many of you actually enjoy picking up? Is it a menial task to do until you get laid, or do you enjoy the process?
Because when you first start out, it is a struggle, but a struggle with yourself.
You see, we probably know everything we would ever need to know about all this, but actually getting off our asses, going out of our comfort zone, risking our egos, is not pleasant, both because of itself and because we have to force ourselves to do it.

How long does it take before it becomes fun?

Last edited:

Reach

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's up to you. Sometimes I really enjoy it, sometimes before I get into it I act a puss. But you're right, when you just don't care about the result you will start enjoying it more.

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
make a game of it. you are in charge of the rules. if they follow, it's your game, your rules

Rogerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally i've got a huge problem on cold approaches. There's a huge wall stopping me from moving forward, and its a pretty thick wall too , my mind stops me from acting because it appears there's no real reason to approach..

If there's any reason tho, I go for it..

Oh well, another obstacle to jump :)

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly? I hate it. But that's probably because I'm no good at it and really never get any "positive feedback" to make it fun.

To each his own, I suppose.

-LB

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a bother.

I like being friendly to people, it's in my nature. I'm nice (not a NICE GUY, there's a difference).

But whenever I think I should try to get her number, I either don't bother or I get turned down.

So for right now, I think it's a war, and I never seem to win my battles.

I do believe it's a war of us (men) vs. them (women). But I suppose I'm just a little bitter. I do know that I almost always take the word of a man over the word of a woman, since I generally think that men are smarter, better, and more intelligent (OK I'm definately bitter).

Maybe that's because women never respond positively to me, though I can't seem to figure out why (it's not my bitterness, I hide it if I talk to anyone who's a woman).

Ben

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I'm sure it gets fun once you get used to it. I always get really nervous before I try to meet women but I'm getting better and better each time. How long does it take for you guys to become completely comfortable?

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cheat_LBJ
Honestly? I hate it. But that's probably because I'm no good at it and really never get any "positive feedback" to make it fun.

To each his own, I suppose.

-LB
Reverse your thinking.

Be fun first. Having fun will bring you women, women will then bring you fun (and stress if you let them).

Mr. Mystery

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fun - only three letters, but a very complex word.

Right now, I'm sitting home on a Friday night posting here and watching Stargate SG-1 and having as much "fun" as I've ever had in my life :rolleyes:

If I'm ever going to get out there, I'm going to have to make it more fun than what my life already is ... that is, easier than sitting at home and watching TV while eating.