How many of you make enough money for your girl to be a homemaker?

^__^

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
My girl makes enough money for me to be a homemaker. It's a sweet deal, especially because she ends up doing most of the housework anyway. When I do feel like working, my money is usually our party fund, and of course I share it freely. However, if I am going to live with a woman then I expect her to pay all of the bills. About 2/3 of my adult life has been funded by various women or their rich parents. Even when a woman pays your bills, she can't tell you what to do if she knows that you can easily find a different woman to pay your bills. It's not like there's a shortage of lonely working women. Everyone is replaceable, even when she is the one with the money.
you = god.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl makes enough money for me to be a homemaker. It's a sweet deal, especially because she ends up doing most of the housework anyway. When I do feel like working, my money is usually our party fund, and of course I share it freely. However, if I am going to live with a woman then I expect her to pay all of the bills. About 2/3 of my adult life has been funded by various women or their rich parents. Even when a woman pays your bills, she can't tell you what to do if she knows that you can easily find a different woman to pay your bills. It's not like there's a shortage of lonely working women. Everyone is replaceable, even when she is the one with the money.
I've known a few guys like you. One told me that basically you were a fool if you worked when you didn't have to. He had a series of women who supported him. I find this outside the box type of thinking interesting.

The only problem I would have with your arrangement is one of the main reasons I work is to put something back for retirement. I want to be able to live comfortably when I'm older. But you could argue that
a) you're enjoying your retirement already.
b) you can always find some woman to take care of you when you're older too.
So enjoy.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a side note, I was watching a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" rerun last night related to this. Larry and his wife were treated to dinner by a married couple, friends of theirs. They thanked the husband, and then the wife chimed in and said "and what about me?" And Larry refused to thank her on the basis that she doesn't work; the husband earned the money and paid for the meal and deserves the praise. Awkwardness of course ensued.
That was a hilarious episode. One of the best of the entire series in my opinion.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Larry David is definitely the reigning King of making a whole lot of people laugh at the absurdities of life's "inconvenient and unpleasant" truths--------by daring to be so politcally INCORRECT.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I could not see how that could be in anyway a remotely satisfying lifestyle being a man. Not only would I feel worthless because I am not accomplishing anything, but the sheer boredom would drive me crazy. I make mid to high 6 figures working for myself so I can pretty much do what I want when I want to, but the sheer satisfaction I get from doing something on my own and making my own way is worth millions imo.

But to each his own.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel worthless because I am not accomplishing anything

That is actually a very good point. I'm not sure if it is part of being male or just being human, but a sense of accomplishment in each day is a core psychological need. Most people toil their lives away at a job, so the problem never presents itself. This must be why rich people have hobbies.

When I was married, my wife's parents paid our bills. I still worked at a challenging but fun job, while she sat at home and waited for her green card. During that time, she fell into a deep depression. I was worn out from my job and commute, but overall much happier than her. We lived in a beautiful gated community and she had all of her needs met, but lacked a sense of accomplishment each day, which does lead to depression.

So that is the other extreme from working yourself do death - suffering from a lack of accomplishment in each day. But once again that's why rich people have hobbies. To call myself rich is ridiculous in that right now I have $8 in my wallet, but yet I am wealthy in at least lifestyle. Training in mma and actually working on occasion both fill my need to actually do something each day. But you raise a very good point that I am only just now learning in life. Everyone needs a reason to get out of bed in the morning.