Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How long until I adjust to weighted backpack?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started weighted training about a week or two ago, so how long until my body adjusts to it? Should I give it another 2 weeks or so before I increase the weight?

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends.
What type of weighted training are you talking about?
Generally, with adequate nutrition and rest, 2 weeks is plenty enough time for your body to adjust to a reasonable workload.

For weighted hiking you can start at about 20lbs and bump up the weight 5 lbs every week.

If you're talking about adding a weighted back pack for pullups or dips I think the general consensus is when you reach at least 10 body weight reps.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
yep, need more info. Like your height, weight, age, background with exercise, any health problems, diet is what? Get adequate sleep? starting with how much weight, doing what, how often?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weighted training as in working out with a weighted object like, in my case, a backpack, or it could be one of those weighted vests. As of now, the only exercises I do with it are push-ups and pull-ups, but I will eventually start running with it as well, and maybe I'll add dips.

I can already do 10 reps with the extra weight. I struggle but I get it done. As for pull-ups, I could probably will out 7 or 8 at most. It's only an extra 20lbs, but I want to (eventually) make it to 40lbs. So, should I just add an extra 5lbs or so every week or should I give my body more time or what?

I don't know my height or weight (best guesses would be 6'0ft, and last time I checked my weight months ago it was 121lbs). I workout 3 times a week, no health problems, and I eat what I can. Sleep wise, even over the Summer when I don't have school I sleep no longer than 5-6 hours. I don't think I've ever been able to actually stay asleep for 8 hours, and no matter how much sleep I get I never really feel tired.

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dips are excellent. They are also more accommodating to added weight than pushups.

Start eating more.

Try to get more sleep.

Adding 3-5lb. a week is okay, maybe even conservative (if you are eating and sleeping enough!) De load every 3rd or 4th week.

Some people do it, but running with a weight vest is risky and with a weighted backpack on would just suck. Running on its own is already a high impact activity. Adding lbs. just increases the likelihood you’ll get hurt and it provides little increase in benefits.

Running is great. But if you’re still floating around 130lb. and are 6 feet maybe it’s not what you need right now. Do it if you like it, but if you are trying to gain weight your energy might be better spent elsewhere.