Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How long should I wait post workout to drink alcohol?

Locster

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was searching through various threads but could not find an answer. Im currently bulking, I work out 2-3 times a week and was wondering how long I could wait after working out to drink alcohol (a few drinks) so that it wont affect my gains significantly?

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Locster said:
I was searching through various threads but could not find an answer. Im currently bulking, I work out 2-3 times a week and was wondering how long I could wait after working out to drink alcohol (a few drinks) so that it wont affect my gains significantly?
Alcohol will always affect your gains, whether you wait an hour or a day.

Alcohol doesn't fit with sports. I drink a few glasses when I go out. I wouldn't drink more than once or twice a week however. And certainly never drink to get drunk.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strong, I've frequently heard that. I am not arguing, it makes tremendous sense that the damage you inflict on your body with one wild night of binging would easily wipe out any lifting gains you've recently attained.

Can you elaborate on the mechanics of the biological process that heavy alcohol drinking does to the body? Is your body too busy "repairing" the damage to build new muscle?

(btw, saw your 40kg one arm snatch in tribute to Jason Young's. loved it. next time my downstairs neighbors go on vacation, I'm gonna give that a shot!)

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really care about your health you will stay away from alcohol and drugs. I'm not saying that drinking it once a month or so will ruin your health but you get the point.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
basically they are saying, it's way worse than you think it is. wait as long as possible, if at all. i never drink on training nights, and rarely drink otherwise, it really does hamper recovery.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realize that drinking isn't good for you, but how can it affect your gains? I thought the op meant like he'd barf or something from drinking too soon after working out. I got fuked up the other night maybe 2 hours after an intense workout and I was good to go.

Locster

Don Juan
Reaction score
should i wait 24 hours? 48 hours? just for a few drinks so that the alcohol not cancel out the lifting

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insidious said:
Strong, I've frequently heard that. I am not arguing, it makes tremendous sense that the damage you inflict on your body with one wild night of binging would easily wipe out any lifting gains you've recently attained.

Can you elaborate on the mechanics of the biological process that heavy alcohol drinking does to the body? Is your body too busy "repairing" the damage to build new muscle?

(btw, saw your 40kg one arm snatch in tribute to Jason Young's. loved it. next time my downstairs neighbors go on vacation, I'm gonna give that a shot!)
Alcohol:
* dehydrates
* make your liver work hard
* most people don't feel like eating the day after

I won't say that one night of alcohol will wipe out all your recent gains, but if you lose 5-10 pounds in a weekend, it's probably because a) dehydration b) you didn't eat

I'm not going for gold at the Olympics. Neither are you I think. Have a drink in the weekend, have some fun. Good for a mental change. Just drink a lot the day after & eat.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with alcohol. That drink a day thing didn't come from no where.

It's you douches that drink 10 a night 3 days a week standing against the wall with your beer to your chest b1tching "there ain't no girls here" that give it a bad name.