How long is too long to call after you get a number? Got a # from 2-3 months ago

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I have a # I got from a girl in my class on the last day of the class last semester, but I never called her because of a mix up, but now I want to call her, but not sure what to say once she picks up. She may not remember me. What should I say when I call her? I basically want to just ask her to a movie (I got to know her a little bit in the 1hr lecture we had right b4 I got her number), do some movie kino and see if I can get some action from it all. I never really see this girl on campus for some reason though. What would you say/do in this situation?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I'd call it and play memory games with her. Good, now she'll remember you, get her out. Why? Because she probably gave the number out of spite, and sure as heck won't remember you when you talk, so get her to remember.

Done.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Popeyes said:
Yea I have a # I got from a girl in my class on the last day of the class last semester, but I never called her because of a mix u?
I'd wait 3-4 more months. This will show you're not desperate.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in this same situation. I lost a girls number and found it like 8 months later. I was pissed I had looked for it before and gave up. Enough of that though I think a month is way to long. I mean how do you make sure she doens't forget you. See this situation is very difficult. On one hand if you call to late she may not remember you. On the other hand if you call her you would have to lay down massive game to get her to call you back. I guess I'm trying to tell you to 1. get her to remember you 2. Don't be boring 3. Make sure she'll call you back. Easier said then done.

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kings_royalty said:
If you are trying to look like a stalker, then by all means...call her.
Why would I look like a stalker? I'm just gonna tell her that I lost her number, and just found it....

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her

If you do call there is a chance you can get a meet up even if she remembers you or not. But if you don't call you can never meet up regardless because you never tried. So it would be a lose - lose situation regardless.

I say call, who gives a fuk if she doesn't remember you or not. Don't know how the hell it would make you a stalker but don't pay no attention to those guys.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
call her, pretend that she has been waiting by the phone for your call for all 3 months, you'll be more ****y and funny naturally.

mrswabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you still here and asking if should I call or not?

Just call her man!

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
Popeyes said:
Why would I look like a stalker? I'm just gonna tell her that I lost her number, and just found it....
i say call her if u want her.

common to popular belief, it's not likely that she would forget u. i've had girls remember me months after i got there numbers. remebered me perfectly. only dumb ones would forget a guy who was unique and brave enough to approach her and talk to her.

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahha guys I think I may have messed this up slightly... what do you guys think? Basically I remember her telling me she was part of this club at my school, well anyways there was a big dinner type event for that club tonight or clubs like it I wasn;t sure. So anyway I call her up tonight ask who she is, she confirms it, and then I ask her if shes at the dinner... she says yes and then goes who is this? I dont answer and just say Ill call her back later then... then hung up. Haha should I even bother re-calling her again? Main reason I did what I did was I know people going to that event and if I told her my name I didn;t want to be part of any conversation about me or anything lol. Bad move or what?

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Popeyes said:
Hahahha guys I think I may have messed this up slightly... what do you guys think? Basically I remember her telling me she was part of this club at my school, well anyways there was a big dinner type event for that club tonight or clubs like it I wasn;t sure. So anyway I call her up tonight ask who she is, she confirms it, and then I ask her if shes at the dinner... she says yes and then goes who is this? I dont answer and just say Ill call her back later then... then hung up. Haha should I even bother re-calling her again? Main reason I did what I did was I know people going to that event and if I told her my name I didn;t want to be part of any conversation about me or anything lol. Bad move or what?
Now you are really beginning to look like a stalker.

But that's okay as long as she doesn't have caller ID you can easily get away with this. Your best bet now would be not to call her again or make any mention that you phoned her, and simply talk to her like normal when you see her at the club dinner.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I'd wait 3-4 more months. This will show you're not desperate.
:crackup: :up: :crackup:

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Popeyes said:
I basically want to just ask her to a movie (I got to know her a little bit in the 1hr lecture we had right b4 I got her number), do some movie kino and see if I can get some action from it all. I never really see this girl on campus for some reason though. What would you say/do in this situation?
Speak english, idiot.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wait more than 2 and half days and a girl will blow you off once you call her.

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok well I called the chick up earlier today and the convo was really short.

Me: Hey whats up
Her: Hey. Whose this?
Me: This is lifterman from Pysch class last semester
Her: Ohhh Ok (in a good way it sounded 2 me), yea I'm just turning on my computer
Me: So what are your plans for tonight
Her: Not sure? (kinda forgot what she said here)
Me: Well you should come watch a movie with me
Her: Well I have plans tonight definately going to go out with my friends tonight, but if you're downtown definately give me a call
Me:Alright yea
Her:Ok later
Me:Bye

I dunno if I should even pursue this, from her tone I could tell she still knew who was and didn't mind me calling, but I think I might have jumped the gun a little bit.. like asking straight away what her plans were and especially that same day. I probably should have talked with her a little bit/caught up/joked around after she mentioned talking on the computer and definately shouldn't have asked her what her plans were that same night.. maybe should have said what are your plans tommorow or something.

So yea.. lost cause.. should I just delete her # and forget about this chick or would you guys still pursue it and if yea how? It's getting close to finals so I dunno if she'll even have time to go out in the next week or so if I call too late.