how long can you hold a "plank"?

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i"m currently up to 2 minutes, on toes and elbows, hands under my chin, spine held rigidly straight. I can also go 2 minutes seated on the floor, fingers interlaced at my navel, knees locked straight and heels held 6" off of the floor. Not one right after the other, but, say, on alternate days. I can take any man's bare knuckle punch to the navel. I've been able to do this for decades now. Can you?

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
I can take any man's bare knuckle punch to the navel. I've been able to do this for decades now. Can you?
Nice, good conditioning, but this "any man" missed the right spot of course.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are nearly 50 "right spots", given the right strike, angle and level of power. This is not about the ability to do damage, but rather about the fitness of one's abs.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can only hold a plank for about 30 seconds before i collapse onto the ground in a heap. I have only just recently started doing it though. :cool: :cool:

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
There are nearly 50 "right spots", given the right strike, angle and level of power. This is not about the ability to do damage, but rather about the fitness of one's abs.
Good for your abs, I know it feels awesome and they're probably stronger than mine, so don't want to disrespect you. Although, if you can withstand "any man's hit" in a place where he's not going to hit, it just doesn't sound very awesome.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
PLENTY of men "think" that the stomach is a good spot to strike. Just like it never occurs to most men to grab and rip a man's nuts, ignorance man.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yes. We got punished in basic with planks and flutter kicks or simply were told to do them during PT other days. Now I do a lot of ab wheel work.