how fast are your hands?

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
can you drop a foot-square white pine board and break it ("with the grain") with a punch? Can you drop a coin, draw a pistol from concealment and fire before the coin hits the ground? A lot of women like having a "man's man", and men dig this sort of stuff, a lot. Yet it's pretty simple to build this sort of speed, actually. It just takes determination and a few months of spare time, a few minutes per day.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i feel like my piano playing/practice I probably do have faster hands than the avg person does. once you start getting into advanced licks /chord progeessions, espeically wtih jazz.

also feel I am more creative than the avg person, something I think that this has alot to do with as well. i have been playing the piano for 2 deacdes and to this day can't read sheet music. i play the violin and can read trebble clef for the violin like i am reading this post, but never bothered to learn for the piano. but if i don't have perfect pitch it's pretty damn close, if i hear something a few times i can generally play what i hear to the key, but what i usually do is is just to use a song as a baseline to **** around with various chords. very erroll garner eque, i rarely play the same thing if ever twice.

lol one of my wife's biggest pet peeves of mine is whenever i hear a song i have never heard before, or hell just a song in gneeral i break out my imaginary piano and start playing it without even thinking about it, it's out of habit now. she thought i was full of ****, about 6 months after i met her she bet me basically a really good home cooked meal of whatever i wanted i coudldn't play the next song that came on the radio, and it was a jazzed up version of John Brown's Body which I nailed in about 10 mintues after hearing it a few times. I mean, not to the extent that oscar peterson nailed it make no mistake, you will never mistake me for oscar peterson, there are things he can do on the piano i just physically can't do yet ("with his hands) is i but i nailed it nevertheless. talk about floored lol.

one of my goals one day is to put out a CD of me playing christmas jazz music. i don't give a **** if i sale one copy lol. i have talent, just so i can say i did it.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
one of my goals one day is to put out a CD of me playing christmas jazz music. i don't give a **** if i sale one copy lol. i have talent, just so i can say i did it.
Lovin your attitude, I feel like the essence of a man can be found in his legacy. Whether it's physical (a book, CD, some kinda product) or something of intellectual value like a unique philosophy, discovery or skill that he can pass on to others in and beyond his life's boundaries.

Btw, stop comparing yourself with Oscar Peterson. :crackup:
There's a couple of people with maybe 10 percent of his talent making a decent living off of their talent. There's ALWAYS room for original, hard-working people.

R

Rubato

backbreaker said:
Seriously do that backbreaker. I had been meaning to put together a CD since 7th grade or so and I kept putting it off. When I finally actually finished it in 2008 (like almost 10 years later), it was totally worth it. By then I had a band I we sold 50 copies (woohoo).

But it wasn't those 50 copies that made it great... it was the fact that I had a CD that I was 100% responsible for. It was a tangible expression of my work.

Seriously, do it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HoneyHitter said:
Lovin your attitude, I feel like the essence of a man can be found in his legacy. Whether it's physical (a book, CD, some kinda product) or something of intellectual value like a unique philosophy, discovery or skill that he can pass on to others in and beyond his life's boundaries.

Btw, stop comparing yourself with Oscar Peterson. :crackup:
There's a couple of people with maybe 10 percent of his talent making a decent living off of their talent. There's ALWAYS room for original, hard-working people.
lol i wasn't trying to, just that the particular song was played by Oscar Peterson, and when I said i nailed dit i didn't want to make it sound like i nailed the song in the sense that he nailed it, and could lay the song verbatim as he could, because i can't.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote Paladin Press's best selling book, a little how-to pamphlet entitled. HOW TO MAKE A SILENCER FOR A .22. It has made them millons of $, sold over 1/2 million copies since 1994, but unfortunately, I took an immediate, small "lump sum" because I was desperately in need of cash. I'd now be making 20k a year off of that book, had I kept the rights to it. Sheesh, makes me puke to think of it.