Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Effective and Powerful is REFRAMING?

DJSMILE79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using this NLP technique(Reframing)for quite a while and it doesn't seem to have the effects many people say that it has.

Do you guys have a different story ?

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it depends on HOW you are using it, and in what situations. If you can get more descriptive and post exactly what happened in one or more situations I'll tell you what I think.

-Blitz

DJSMILE79

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to work only when I am using it. ie during a week, as long as I don't stop listening to my own voice on the tapes it works within that period of time(ie 3 times a day during a week, its effects are for that week, if I stop listening it stop the effects). So is this reframing technique permanent? if yes for how long am i supposed to use it?

PlayerinTraining

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you consider the fact that your prior POV (or frame) had developed after YEARS of practice, it is easy to see that casting it aside and taking a new POV will most likely take considerable time and effort.

(Rapid, instantaneous change IS possible, but unusual).

I suspect you are at the point where you have to CONSCIOUSLY reframe a situation. All that means is you need a bit more practice with your new frame. With enough practice (and positive reinforcement), you won't have much trouble with your new POV.

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is reframing?

PrinceCharming

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattB:
What is reframing?
By REFRAMING you could mean two things. One of them is the six-step reframing technique which is explained in "Frogs into Princes" the earliest book in NLP.

The second one is about reframing a situation so that it has a different meaning to you. This can be divided into two pieces. Content Reframing and Context Reframing.

Content Reframing
This is about giving a different meaning to the content of the conversation. For example if a father worries that his son is too violent, and you say to him "Good thing, now you don't have to worry about anybody messing with your daughter" you are shifting the "frame" from not useful, to useful.

Context Reframing
This is about changing the context of the behavior and assumes that this behavior must be useful in some other context. For example saying dirty words to your g/f while having sex may arouse her, but saing it while having coffee will get her mad. So by changing the context of the behavior you shift people's view on a particular behavior. They thought it was bad, but now in the new context they can see how it is useful and now they beging to like it.

[This message has been edited by PrinceCharming (edited 11-23-2002).]

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

stayin alive, sayin alive, ah ah ah ah, staying aliiiiiiiiivveeee.

:D