Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Drunk Is Too Drunk?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How drunk does a chick have to be for you to turn down sex? I had my limits tested last night and probably lost my shot forever because of it, but oh well....

So I'm out of town for a convention, and it just so happens that I know a couple of 30ish females (city girls....you know the type) that live a few miles from where I am staying.

Caught up with them late last night at a bar. They had been to a concert and had been drinking all evening, so they were pretty lit when I got there close to midnite.

I get to the bar and the two chicks have three dudes hitting on them.

The chick I have known for the longest, Katie, was happy so see me, but her friend Megan who I have known for less time was REALLY excited when I got there. She was hanging on me, lots of kino going on, the body language was tight, and eventually the three dudes cut their losses and split.

Hung out with the two of them for awhile, then all of the sudden Katie says her goodbyes, apologizes for being a dud, and leaves me with the drunker of the two, Megan.

By now I realized it was a setup. Megan didn't even have a ride.

Had one more drink. The chick standing on the other side of me hands me a shot of tequila some dude bought for her and I dropped it right before my last vodka tonic. Megan orders another beer, and we finish our drinks while chatting with the chick who gave me the tequila.

She kept apologizing for being so drunk, for being "that girl", that I had to "take care of her", etc. It got pretty late so eventually I grabbed her hand and told her "lets get out of here", and take her to my car.

I drive her to her place which is only a few minutes from my hotel. I drive an "interesting" vehicle, and I won't go into details, but it ends up we are in the parking lot of her condo complex and when she gets out I have her posing for pictures with my car at 2am, haha.

Long story short, a little huggy/kissy, and I let her go up to her place while I went back to my hotel.

It was a total setup. I could have banged the hell outa her. She was telling me earlier in the night how she had talked to another mutual friend of ours a few days prior and told her how excited she was about me coming to visit. This other friend/ex co-worker of hers is a chick I dated briefly who left me to marry a guy she went to high school with. This is the same chick that made it known (on numerous occasions) to our entire circle of friends that the sex we had was out-of-this-world. This chick actually told her friends a couple of times (with me sitting there) that they should "try me out". I knew that little referral might pay off one day, hehe.

So if I wanted it, I could have had it. There was zero risk of her calling foul later, so that wasn't a factor, but I know how sloppy it would have been, so I hauled ass.

So the question is, if you know the chick and there is little to no risk of getting accused of "date rape" or any bullsh!t feminist promoted crap like that, how drunk is too drunk?

My only regret is that it probably closed the window for a future hookup. You know how women are- if they feel even the slightest bit rejected they clam up and the window of opportunity is lost forever.

She did text me when I was driving home. I hit her up when I got to the hotel and she again apologized for being so sloppy, so who knows....maybe when we get together tonight I might be able to pull one out of the hat if she actually did realize that she was a little too far gone.

So how far do you go if there is no risk of repercussions? This chick wasn't throwing up in my car but she was obviously inebriated. You know, like to the point where every once in awhile she takes a little mis-step and you're afraid she's gonna bust her ass (but she miraculously never does).

I say it's an individual call. You gotta weigh out the possibility that if you DON'T seal the deal the opportunity will be gone forever with the knowledge that it's going to be bad. Probably really bad.

What do you think?

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno you were drunk she was drunk, it seems like you talked yourself out of this one. My advice on her being to drunk is if she is falling over, you have to carry her etc and you feel like your being a scum bag for banging her then you might just be. i think you were well in the rights to bang the hell out of her.

My .02 cents just be careful drinking and driving my friend, if you have a flashy ride and had several drinks the cops would love to catch you..

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one thing to have sex with a chick who's too out of it to say no and/or passed out, but if she's conscious and receptive to your advances you have to way the risks of possible outcomes.

A chick can wake up the next day and say it was forced because she can't remember what happened or she changed her mind about you and feels regretful, etc.

Any number of things can happen and men are at the mercy of women/law no matter what in these cases.

Personally, I prefer the more sober side of drunk (if that makes sense), I can do a mild buzz, but sloppy drunk is a turn off. I have friends who have had sex with really drunk girls and some of the stories they tell are pretty disgusting (throwing up, sh-ting, pissing, etc. during the act).

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what you described, she probably wasn't too drunk (as in you wouldn't have had much to worry about).

However, the tough part (which you are doing now) is trying to decode whether your response was a gut response (which i think it was) or some type of matrix preprogrammed response.

The first is just you balancing everything (risk vs reward) and concluding that it wasn't worth the risk. Maybe you were right, maybe you were wrong. But your gut is never wrong.

The second is the one to try and kill off. Many a guy has been with a woman who is "tipsy" and ironically, used it as a rationalization to not escalate. As if by not doing anything she will then reward him on another day with the prize. If you think about that last sentence, it basically is taking the path with the lowest possible risk of rejection (ie waiting for her to reward him).

But where does this little fantasy come from? Why is it so en-grained? maybe once they hit the "tipsy" point we start seeing them like sisters or mothers (early psych sh!t) and go into rescuer / savior mode????

My wife was really "tipsy" on Saturday evening when we went out with friends -she had a cosmo and split a bottle of wine with my friend's girlfriend. Obviously I know her well enough that there was no concerns.

But the real reason to pass was simple - almost selfish - I don't think the s3x would have been worth it. Now, had she held off on one glass of wine (and ate just a bit more) we probably would have done it right there in the valet spot. Women are interesting; there is this sweet spot (which also requires desire) where they drink just enough, the defense shields drop and viola that judgemental society of ours doesn't mean crap to them (for the moment anyway).

So ask yourself this - do you think there was enough desire and she was sober enough to even yield a good roll in the sheets. Odds are, one or both (or another listed below) weren't quite there and that's what your gut locked onto.

You mentioned one other thing - that you've known these girls for awhile. Perhaps your gut was also weighing what they might say within their clutch.

Try this scenario. Let's say the woman you met in the bar was a solid HB9 like this www.maxim.com/girls/girls-of-maxim/83589/dayana-mendoza.html so your desire level is cranked and she was getting huggy/kissy so her desire level is cranked and you're in the parking lot - and you had never met her or any of friends before (no social sh!t to worry about) - would you have done the same thing if she were just as "tipsy"? My guess is that you would have went for it (but it's just a guess). But maybe this just means the perceived "reward" would have outweighed the same "risk".

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread, I'm really wondering about this too.

I'm planning on going to a few parties in college and hopefully hook up with some girls. But I'm really concerned with how you know when a chick is too drunk.

IMO if she's not tripping over herself or throwing up she's OK. Though I'm wondering if there are any quick tests I can do.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drunk sex. OH YEAH!!

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "matrix thinking" when it comes to having sex with a chick who is blitzed. Why do some of you try to rationalize all decent behavior with matrix bs?

Drunk, sloppy sex is what college nearvirgins resort to, to get their numbers up. A grown ass mature man can have mutual sex with someone in their right frame of mind, and if they can't then there is where the problem really lies. And if you can have mutual sex with someone that is not hammered... well why would you ever resort to drunk sloppy gross sex?

And as for the window being closed now because you chose not to have drunk sloppy sex... DUDE, wtf forum have you been on for the past decade? All you did was reinforce that you are not desperate. That is a TURN ON, unless the chick really did not want to have sex with you, and had to be drunk to do so. In which case... you shouldn't have had sex with her!

You should never have sex with someone who doesn't really want to have sex with you, unless you are desperate. If you had options, like this forum advocates over and over, then why would you stoop to that level? I know I would not want to have sex with some guy who didn't really want to sleep with ME, but got "really drunk one night". Gross, no thanks.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
There is no such thing as "matrix thinking" when it comes to having sex with a chick who is blitzed. Why do some of you try to rationalize all decent behavior with matrix bs?
OK no matrix when it comes to to having sex with a blitz chick (although I'm pretty sure my state has a provision that using an intoxicating substance to have sex with some one constitutes rape), got it.

Drunk, sloppy sex is what college nearvirgins resort to, to get their numbers up. A grown ass mature man can have mutual sex with someone in their right frame of mind, and if they can't then there is where the problem really lies. And if you can have mutual sex with someone that is not hammered... well why would you ever resort to drunk sloppy gross sex?
And bingo bango there comes the matrix thinking.

And as for the window being closed now because you chose not to have drunk sloppy sex... DUDE, wtf forum have you been on for the past decade? All you did was reinforce that you are not desperate. That is a TURN ON, unless the chick really did not want to have sex with you, and had to be drunk to do so. In which case... you shouldn't have had sex with her!
OK this is a good possibility.

You should never have sex with someone who doesn't really want to have sex with you, unless you are desperate. If you had options, like this forum advocates over and over, then why would you stoop to that level? I know I would not want to have sex with some guy who didn't really want to sleep with ME, but got "really drunk one night". Gross, no thanks.
Sounds a lot like the matrix to me with what you should/shouln't do and framing the whole drunk sex as desperation.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
And if you can have mutual sex with someone that is not hammered... well why would you ever resort to drunk sloppy gross sex?
Drunk sex is "gross"? lol

I don't have a problem with drunk sex, it just isn't anywhere near as enjoyable as "less intoxicated" sex.

I had to work the next day. I wasn't SUPER attracted to the chick, and I had spent the first part of the day on a 7.5hr car ride, so I wasn't about to try to get either one of us off at 2am. Those kinds of nights usually end up lasting until sunrise, for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure she wanted to have sex with me. Her friend gave me a glowing reference, haha.

This can go both ways. If her attraction is through the roof, chances are it isn't going to matter, but if she was just looking for a one night thrill (which she was) a lot of women can't handle the feeling of being "rejected", and will eject to salvage their ego. I learned this lesson the hard way.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ ok, now we might be getting somewhere.

If this chick takes THAT as a blow to her ego, then she is probably truly ****ed in the head. FILTER! Let that one GO.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are as drunk as her, or close to it is a go. If she's too blitzed to be accountable for her actions, that you can claim the same thing.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I know I would not want to have sex with some guy who didn't really want to sleep with ME, but got "really drunk one night". Gross, no thanks.
haha. you've just described a large minority of my drunken encounters with bar sluts. i didn't really think they were all that, but I was drunk, and i got a nut off. :rockon:

better that than jacking off when it comes to pleasure for me.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From str8up's reply it just sounds like the "reward" wasn't worth the "risk" and effort. However a question remains unanswered"

There's a lot of guys out there (even when not tired) who do the "chivalrous" thing and drop the gal off instead of going for it. Often hoping they did the right thing and will be rewarded with the prize next time (mitigates rejection). As I write this, I'm wondering how many books, TV shows and movies have played out this very scenario. Even sounds like a "friendship" buffer tactic.

It's hard to imagine that 100,000 years ago the caveman who finds a cave girl who's somehow managed to eat/drink something making her "tipsy" his first reaction would to to drop her off at her cave. Then again, maybe not?

Anyways, back to question - is it nature or nuture that motivates the guy to drop off the babe instead of gettin' down when she's "tipsy" even though there is mutual attraction?

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO,

i think the issue in THIS CASE, is the "value"

what do you justify it COSTING you in the end?

Originally posted by STR8UP
I'm pretty sure she wanted to have sex with me. Her friend gave me a glowing reference, haha.

This can go both ways. If her attraction is through the roof, chances are it isn't going to matter, but if she was just looking for a one night thrill (which she was) a lot of women can't handle the feeling of being "rejected", and will eject to salvage their ego. I learned this lesson the hard way.
apparently, Str8 didnt see much value in this potential lay considering there was no risk associated with it.

atleast in my case, even if she WASNT drunk, the fact she simply wanted to lay me based on her "friends referral" would not be something i run too. expecially if im not "super attracted" to her.

i think the circumstances of your trip and night , played a larger role in you not banging her, moreso than her being drunk.....

??

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Drunk, sloppy sex is what college nearvirgins resort to, to get their numbers up.
Heheh,.. this from NLG's resident near-30 alcoholic "female".

The voice of personal experience speaks.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vitor said:
My .02 cents just be careful drinking and driving my friend, if you have a flashy ride and had several drinks the cops would love to catch you..
Exactly what I was thinking. Flashy rides are cop magnets.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Drunk, sloppy sex is what college nearvirgins resort to, to get their numbers up. A grown ass mature man can have mutual sex with someone in their right frame of mind, and if they can't then there is where the problem really lies. And if you can have mutual sex with someone that is not hammered... well why would you ever resort to drunk sloppy gross sex?.
Womenese Translation:

"I have done it myself and I don't want to do it anymore, or under the right circumstances I will probably do it again or I hope that you listen to me so my main competition aka younger sluts don't get the upper hand."

Thanks iqqi for showing how shaming language hides a woman's true motives.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This again. Rather than refute my point, some of you (including a mod) turn to personal attacks, whether they are true or not. Then it becomes an iqqi bashing fest, instead of a conversation or discussion about the original post.

Actually, no, I was never that college slutty girl who used alcohol as a veil to be a slut. That veil is so see-through.

I think the college sluts are weak with issues, and I think the men who take advantage of them are weak with issues.

That is my point, but I bet you'd rather "discuss" the first two lines that are personal and have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I employ a Scale of Hotness for such decisions (much like the Scale of Justice of antiquity).

On one side of the scale, you have her hotness. On the other side, everything else.

If she's drunk to the point that the level of annoyance I feel for her is greater than her hotness, I'm moving on.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Defer to the Plausible Deniability Risk Index for such matters.

Factors of the PDRI include how...

1) drunk you are relative to her
2) attractive her friends find you
3) attractive she finds you
4) many people in her circle are likely to assume you hooked up
5) much trust & rapport you've established with her that you are a gentleman who doesn't blab to others about the women he's bedded
6) much self esteem she has
7) prudish she is
8) high her lifetime fukk count is for flings
9) good the sex is

The lower the risk of negative social or emotional consequences, the less likely alcohol consumption matters. If you need a comparison of context, pretend a relatively sober fatty 'took advantage' of an annihilated you, and then the shoe of plausible deniability is on the other foot. And as the saying goes...

Fat chicks are like mopeds. Fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends to catch you riding one.