How does the mature man work out?

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a surfer - been one for a long time. Swimming helps to give you a natural muscular look that women go crazy about - broad shoulders six pack and tanned. Especially when you get to my age and the other guys (your age and younger) have beer boeps. Weather conditions are not always ideal to do this on a regular basis, so I do go to gym twice a week and push weights for arms and legs which helps tremendously to get you strong enough to paddle out to the back line.

GamePlan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Especially when you get to my age and the other guys (your age and younger) have beer boeps.
This was exactly my point. That staying lean (unless you're skinny) probably goes a long way, when everyone else has a beer belly..and I can't see many men over 40 who don't. Matter of fact, half the people my age (25) already have one (which they didn't 5 years ago).

Sort of like marketing and the grizzley story..you dont have to fun fast, just faster than the next guy so the grizzley gets him not you ;)....you dont have to be the best, just better than the competition...and by staying lean (if youre tall and not skinny) you probably beat out the majority of guys when it comes to "body".

PS: What's life in SA like Ballie? Looking forward to the soccer world cup or couldnt you care less about it? Is life safe in Durban?

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Gameplan

Life can be dangerous is SA, but one day you going to die anyway. At my age and with my kids grown up, you don't give a sh!t anyway. Any way, a MAN commands respect from everyone - regardless of colour.

We have a wonderful lifestyle here - sun surf and beautiful women, what more do we need?

Looking forward to the World cup off course - All those foreign woman will be looking for some local wors :)

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be 31 next week and I am in the absolute best shape of my life. 5'10", 215, 10%bf.... I am stronger than I have ever been. Age is a number.

I lift weights every other day. On the other days I do cardio.

THE ABSOLUTE MOST CRUCIAL PART TO LOOKING GOOD IS DIET,DIET,DIET

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm lifitng 3x a week and it feels great. Doing cardio daily.

I'm focusing on being leaner, loosing my belly flab and being healthy with my diet. I have a good frame and good muscle mass, its just the belly has to go. Still most grown women don't mind a tubby belly, everything else is in porportion and my arms and traps and legs look really good right now.