How do You Understand the Terms "Superficial" and "Vain?"

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If someone were too tell you that you're too superficial and vain for them in terms of being a mate when it comes to dating and relationships, how would you understand that? Just curious to hear how folks interpret those two words.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Thanks, PlasticSurgeon. So does being "superficial" basically imply being "shallow?" If so, I think that was an appropriate label for me to give the woman who just broke my heart, based on what I observed about her during the short time we went out.

Dayum itz jee

Don Juan
Reaction score
It means your too into looks, what's on the surface, designer labels...

Being vain implies pride and focus onto yourself, and your look... being in a relationship would be quite difficult for these individuals because relationships involve focus on the other.

These people usually suffer from a mild form of narcissistic personality disorder.

Their whole reality is self centered, every action of the outside world has something to do with them, they can't grasp the notion that there are billions of people on this planet with individual lives just like themselves.

A real turn off for relationship material, however probably not a bad thing for one night stands.
That sounds like me.. no lie.. is that a bad thing?