How Do You Talk To Women At A Gym With Headphones On?

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Australia and heard about a form of speed dating which is new. It is aimed at people who are at least a 6 on the fitness scale, ie. train at least 3 days per week and you pay $30 and go along to an exercise class, I think it is like a circuit or something. I assume it is screened so there is reasonable quality there. I think this sounds good. This certainly sound like it could be a trend in the future. I can see a time when some gyms start becoming like singles clubs. At the end of the day fit bodies are attracted to other fit bodies. In an ideal world.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

ChumpNoMore

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Australia and heard about a form of speed dating which is new. It is aimed at people who are at least a 6 on the fitness scale, ie. train at least 3 days per week and you pay $30 and go along to an exercise class, I think it is like a circuit or something. I assume it is screened so there is reasonable quality there. I think this sounds good. This certainly sound like it could be a trend in the future. I can see a time when some gyms start becoming like singles clubs. At the end of the day fit bodies are attracted to other fit bodies. In an ideal world.
A bit of an aside: Speed dating organizers are scam artists only concerned with getting the most registrations to maximize revenue. Never assume that they speak the truth when they say you'll "meet quality individuals" - the only screening they do is ensure they candidate pays the registration fee!

Years ago when I was a full AFC and it was all the rage, I attended a session, billed as "meeting quality like minded individuals"... Well, after an mind numbing agonizing hour of 6 minute small talk sessions with fattie after social leper after beyotch, I'd seen enough of their "quality" screening process...

After all, wouldn't you rather choose who you approach as a potential date?

Amusing side note: The organizer emailed me about attending another session, for free, apparently I was quite well received (got lots of "Yes" check boxes). I told her to pound sand and that her advertising was blatantly false - I can meet enough fatties for free on my own! LOL

Back to the gym - you might not surmise much about her personality - but at least you get to see her figure and workout ethic. ;) If you have eye contact and IOI's, go for it, headphones or not.

steviecruiser

Banned
Reaction score
I have picked up 7 girls from the gym all of whom had their headphones on. I havent been to the gym in 2 months, but this has worked everytime when I was doing it. (caution you must be alpha to do this)

I walk right up to them pull her headphones down of her ears and say

"Hi I'm Steve I just had to talk to you"

Again you must be alpha to do this. Any hesitation will kill you

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The headphones may or may not be that important. While I'm sure some women use them to deter guys from approaching them, I'm sure a lot wear them simply because working out is ****ing boring.

Case in point, yesterday I went to the gym for a "free trial" (I've decided to do something about my muscle tone; while I am active and decently fit, and not overweight, I definitely lack tone), and when I was starting the routine with leg presses, a HB using the machine next to me asked me if I had been to Brazil (I was wearing my capoeira trousers and a Brazil-flag T-shirt, the most comfy gear I have). I have lived there, so we chatted for a bit, then continued working out our separate ways.

Later on when I went to the shower I saw her stretching (the "stretch area" is on the way to the showers) and she was wearing her headphones and not even looking up. So I just got close, said "Oi!" on a slightly louder voice, and she didn't have a problem taking her headphones off and talking with me while stretching on the floormat.

So, really, I'd think of it as just another activity you can interrupt, like reading a book or writing an SMS (I tend not to interrupt phone conversations, but even then I've read chaps here doing just that with reasonable success). If you interrupt, you better make it good, but if you can make it good, it shouldn't be a problem.

steviecruiser

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
Sigh...way to go, Mr. Alpha guy. (rolleyes)

And from whom did you derive this golden advice?
Why do I sense sarcasm? For the most part I just do what I feel with women and I'm assertive about it. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder if this was 1 of your techniques. It just came from within. Kinda like when I'm on the dance floor of a club and motion a girl to me with my finger while we are dancing and we start making out

steviecruiser

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
You sense sarcasm from me because I think that pulling off someone's headphones is very stupid and ill-advised...and I think that you're full of shiat, too.
Oh I understand. So in other words you are just are one of these gutless AFCs that doesn't have the ballz to be successful with women and basically hates on real players like me. I think the fact that I have been busy getting tail and took me a week to respond to your 1st dumb remark while you responded back in minutes to mine is evidence in and of itself. Get off your keyboard and get in the field you AFC chump!

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brutal topic apparently... I talk to girls at the gym with headphones on all the time, I just stand there and start talking, then when they pull them down and say "What?" I repeat the opener I just said. No biggie, and I usually do fairly well with those girls. Just did it last night, drinks on Thursday (phuckin hot little Asian girl )

evesman

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Make eye contact with her.

2. She reciprocates eye contact.

3. Smile.

4. Talk to her.

5. If she is interested, she will take her headphones out.

6. Keep talking.

7. If she is interested, she will keep her headphones out.

Good luck.

pretty women

Reaction score
Unfortunately the headphone thing doesn’t always work. The other night at the gym, this guy asks me for a spot, he made sure to mention he was a semi-pro football player. I had my headphones on, in my zone, working biceps. He’s using 150lb dumbells (weigh more than I do each!!). I’m like okay sure, mr. jock. There are about 20 guys standing around that he could have asked, mind you. He’s working chest and so I’m used to spotting and just pushing up on the elbow a little if he needs help. So after the first set, he says push up on the weights, well his last set, he decides he can do 7 reps, when he should have stayed at 6. He almost dropped them on his head because for one, he didn’t have anything left and #2 I am not used to spotting that heavy and having to lift all the weight myself. I was PISSED!!!!! That’s a good way to not pick up a girl. Then last night some idiot asked me if I wanted to do biceps with him. I had been working legs the whole time. Okay, sure, I’ll just quit doing my leg workout so I can do biceps with you!!!! (sarcasm) WTF!!! Idiot.

Girls that are serious about working out don’t want to be hit on in the middle of their workout. On a positive note. If you offer a hi, how are you and say, if you ever need a spot, let me know. That’s fine. From then, take it slow at the gym. Just say hi, how are you doing for a while until she feels comfortable with you. Then catch her before her workout if possible and make small talk. It’s not usually a quick thing at the gym, from my experience. Most of the time I just get creeped out. In my gym the weight room is on one floor and cardio and is on another floor. I am usually the only woman in the weight room so it makes it really hard.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the last 2 years, I've been going regularly to a university gym on a major uni campus in my city. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a guy hit on a chick at the gym and there's been zero success.

Personally I've got some closes when I used to do group fitness.

evesman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you gonna try this or what?

Hedonos said:

Need help with this one. If you see a pretty girl at the gym, how do you talk to her if she has her headphones on? You could go over to her and tap her on her shoulder but what could you say? If you guys have any ideas please let me know.

Just another AFC

IlluminaZero

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread from the grave but the only reason I even found this forum is because I did a Google search on "Why don't women work out?"

This thread seriously reinforces why. The VERY few that do go to gym are generally those women that half-ass it by going straight to the treadmill with a magazine. Part of me wonders how much of topic is simple steam, and how much of it is picking up those half-assed effort women who were likely wearing make-up/cologne to look good at a place they should be building a good sweat at.

Just to clear it up, women like this are my fetish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wUggst2bPA&feature=related

Which is most likely unappealing to most forum members here after browsing much of this forum due to her not meeting the general expectation of what essentially seems amount to a weird mix of domestic femininity with just enough ***** to want to sleep around.

Bah, whatever.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Espi, that guy was a f*ckin moron if he asked u for a spot with that kind of weight.... I talk to girls with headphones on all the time, I don't ask them to carry my donkey up a hill or anything though...just make some little joke like "good lord, what are you trying to kill yourself?"...or something like that. More friendly, less flirty to start. Timing is also crucial, if she is right in the middle of a set, or looks like she's intensely into what she's doing, just be patient and nearby, maybe make some brief eye contact. If you follow the 3 second rule and need to, it's probably harder to do then if you are comfortable enough to approach at any given time.

steviecruiser

Banned
Reaction score
evesman said:
1. Make eye contact with her.

2. She reciprocates eye contact.

3. Smile.

4. Talk to her.

5. If she is interested, she will take her headphones out.

6. Keep talking.

7. If she is interested, she will keep her headphones out.

Good luck.
Sounds like good advice if you want to go more passive and non alpha. Depends on your style of gaming. Props