How do you stop thinking?

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are we supposd to worry when of these depressed guys stops posting?

ArtVandelay

Banned
Reaction score
This guy is clinically depressed. He says there's no particular reason why he's feeling this way, yet he can't stop crying and thinks that life isn't worth living? No offense to the people who have tried to help him, but this guy needs a psychiatrist to put him on the right medication. I was depressed (still am, but not nearly as much as I was) and thought I was above taking pills, always thought casually about suicide and eventually one day I broke down crying and tried to kill myself. Medication won't solve all of his problems, but he'll be able to walk around all day without feeling really bad for no reason.

Danny, put aside your ego and go see a professional.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArtVandelay said:
This guy is clinically depressed. He says there's no particular reason why he's feeling this way, yet he can't stop crying and thinks that life isn't worth living? No offense to the people who have tried to help him, but this guy needs a psychiatrist to put him on the right medication. I was depressed (still am, but not nearly as much as I was) and thought I was above taking pills, always thought casually about suicide and eventually one day I broke down crying and tried to kill myself. Medication won't solve all of his problems, but he'll be able to walk around all day without feeling really bad for no reason.

Danny, put aside your ego and go see a professional.
He has suffered a break up and lost money in the market

ArtVandelay

Banned
Reaction score
One of my best friends abandoned me at a time when I was already feeling desperately lonely around Christmas season, but that was the symptom, not the actual problem. I sounded exactly like this guy. I'm not saying he's going to do anything to himself and I HOPE he doesn't, but if he goes untreated and just tries to get advice in internet message boards, it's just going to get worse.

Like Interceptor and others have said, he needs to work on his life, but medication and being treated by a professional will allow him to live day-to-day life without thinking negative thoughts all the time.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Danny, I think you should do the research for yourself

I am willing to help you , but not spoon feed you

You are a grown man

I do believe you may want to try some hypnosis
it is possible to influence your sub conscious m ind to have positive and liberating beliefs
Go here and listen to these;
http://www.hypnotica.org/privatedownloads.htm

I still say you should check out EFT

Go here:

http://www.innergametapping.com/

You may want to look up Reiki healing as well

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...aling+session&ei=25oLSKzjNqXQ4ALD_ZGqBA&hl=en

Try this
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...aling+session&ei=25oLSKzjNqXQ4ALD_ZGqBA&hl=en

Stick to this, Danny

You keep giving up on yourself

Stop this behavior

LOOK AT WHAT IT IS DOING TO YOU

What more motivation do you want????!!

Stop this.

And start Living the Life YOU WANT!!!!

I find some of this hard to take seriously, I don't want to be close minded so please enlighten me some more about the hypnosis, Reiki and the guy tapping on himself. This has helped me: http://www.amazon.com/What-Say-When...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208725342&sr=8-1 What to Say When you Talk To Yourself I think it could help him too.

Last edited:

ArtVandelay

Banned
Reaction score
I'll use my situation as an example without getting into too much personal detail. I was kind of coasting through life, what you might call casually depressed. I was able to go to work everyday, but deep down I felt really bad and just "hoped it would go away." Then the holiday season came. I saw couples holding hands and thought "I really need a girlfriend or a girl companion." My friend who I trusted was literally nowhere to be found. My point is, did the wanting a girlfriend and feeling abandoned by my friend contribute to the depression? Yes. But the depression was already there deep down.

In his situation, I don't know his life, but he's telling us he's crying, thinking all the time. I think a lot, but just by going on low dosages of an anti-depressant, my mind has slowed down significantly as well as any thoughts that live is meaningless and not worth living.

All I'm saying is, from the sounds of it, he could benefit from talking to a psychriatrist that can analyze his situation and put him on the right, and right amount, of medication. It won't solve his problems, but he'll be able to live day-to-day life without having creeping thoughts.

dannyegg4575

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys! I don't need a psychiatrist... seriously...

What I really need is some advice on how to deal with the negative thoughts and the "good feeling of her" that is coming into my head. That is all.
How do you deal with it? i am not sure if you understand what I mean...

I want to isolate my mind from having so much thoughts running around... it's really really hard to concentrate, I can't shut them off. A lot of times when someone tells me something, I would go blank because my mind is not in the moment and I am zoned out. i don't want that anymore... I just want the freedom I used to have.

i know my self esteem is draining like a flush from a toilet bowl... and I just want to stop the draining further... what can i do?

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dannyegg4575 said:
Guys! I don't need a psychiatrist... seriously...

What I really need is some advice on how to deal with the negative thoughts and the "good feeling of her" that is coming into my head. That is all.
How do you deal with it? i am not sure if you understand what I mean...

I want to isolate my mind from having so much thoughts running around... it's really really hard to concentrate, I can't shut them off. A lot of times when someone tells me something, I would go blank because my mind is not in the moment and I am zoned out. i don't want that anymore... I just want the freedom I used to have.

i know my self esteem is draining like a flush from a toilet bowl... and I just want to stop the draining further... what can i do?
i have pointed you in a number of directions to begin, there is no simplw way to just click a light switch and have everything be ok. if you want try medication but its going to take some effort on your part. here is another good book for your situation: http://www.amazon.com/Bonds-That-Ma...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208726901&sr=8-1 Bonds That Make Us Free: Healing Our Relationships, Coming to Ourselves This wil get to the root of your thinking and changing it as well as help with your relationship skills. It's a complex read though. now that is four books I've suggested throughout my posts that will help you. now get to work. and get some exercise to. you need to release some endorphins.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to be ACTIVELY WORKING towards ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOALS, Danny

Youre not satisfying the creative impulse and the need to live a happy fulfilling life.

What are you doing to live the Best Life you can, Danny????!

Dont you see that all youre doing is moping around and wallowing in self pity?

How can you take charge and be a Man in this world when youre just sh*tting on yourself?

Dan, this woman TOOK nothing from you.

Everything you NEED is inside you already.

And if you continue to get back and get healthy you will attract another woman into your life.
But only if you remain healthy and positive, and learn HOW to be optimistic.
You need to be strong during the tough times, man.

You need to Mentor yourself, and move forward.

No one here can carry you!

You just need to gain perspective again.
And look at this realstically

Its not that bad

You are strong enough

You just need to make an EFFORT

DO you even go to those resources I pointed to you?

Have you even written out a list of Goals you want to accomplish?

Have you written down what you ARE Grateful for in your life?

Danny, its not the thoughts that you need to stop from coming into your head, its that you have to take action to create NEW THOUGHTS in your head.
Positive ones, positive experiences.

As you do your self esteem will increase.

And you will pay less attention to the negative things.

What are you doing to further your life?

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I relate to this very well, I know exactly what you are saying. You are always thinking, and because you think so much you are not thinking about the present momen - hence the zoned out thing. I really need an answer to this myself, but one thing I have come to realise is that this takes a whole life makeover. For me, I need to have a purpose and a direction - which I don't have.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can discipline yourself to meditate, and let the thoughts just appear but not get 'attached' to them, you will gain discipline over your mind.

You will not give those thoughts the 'importance' you used to.

And you will start to feel some peace, and control over yourself and your feelings.
Once you realize that thoughts are just bits of electric energy , and that you dont have to be affected by them, you gain new perspective over yourself

Look for something deeper here.

Look for WHO is behind your Mind.

Thoughts are JUST THOUGHTS

They CANNOT 'harm' you

Unless you give them POWER OVER YOU

Realize that Life is worth living

Through meditation, and perhaps some self hypnosis, youcan train your mind to let go of those negative beliefs

I definitely recommend everyone read Eckhart Tolles' Power of Now.

You will find helpful insight there.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
I definitely recommend everyone read Eckhart Tolles' Power of Now.

You will find helpful insight there.
I think he already read that, and got frustrated he needs to understand that not all the answers are gonna be found in one book. he's looking for a quick fix. I hope he stays away from the bottle.. it'll only make things worse in the end danny

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Danny,

I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. You have received some really good advice already, but I thought I'd share what works for me.

Part of what you are experiencing is in Buddhism what is called the "monkey mind".

I have found a simple breath meditation helps calm my mind and improves my abilty to concentrate. (as Interceptor has already suggested meditation).

http://www.yoga.net.au/buddhist_breath_meditation

Another tool I use is making a list of 10 things I am grateful for.

And the third is to remind myself that a problem does not always need to be thought about to be solved.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense, but it's proven if you play the market your going to lose money on a long term basis. It's an addiction like gambling, I know, because I have my liscence to sell.

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Danny, here is something that might help:

The Flip-Switch Method

This is a popular method and is also called the neuro-associative conditioning method by tony robbins. And it is really simple: whenever a negative, anxious thought immediately think of something funny/positive. The key is that you must do this for every single negative thought that comes in your mind and eventually you will start to have a positive train of thought. This method is old and most people know it, but it still works.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor hit the nail on the head as usual. I honestly have nothing to add because of his great posts.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthAngel707 said:
Hi Danny, here is something that might help:

The Flip-Switch Method

This is a popular method and is also called the neuro-associative conditioning method by tony robbins. And it is really simple: whenever a negative, anxious thought immediately think of something funny/positive. The key is that you must do this for every single negative thought that comes in your mind and eventually you will start to have a positive train of thought. This method is old and most people know it, but it still works.

Actualy I'm not sure it's quite that simple but Darth is correct in that it is an effective method which started from Neur Linguistic Programing that Tony Robbins developed into Neuro Conditioning. He involves allot of reprograming of your mind and actions soo to refer to it as a flip switch method i think is over optimistic. Darth does raise a good point though that recognizeing negative thoughts popping in your head and counteracting them with positive is a good exercise but is only the begining. Here is a descripyion of NLP and NAC and the products of Tony Robbins that include this stuff. http://www.tonyrobbinsaudiobooks.com/neuro_conditioning.html A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
They go along well with the book I suggested to you about Self talk which is an important read because it goes deep into how your computer called the brain works and how to reprogram it. As a result of this programing the action should follow but Tony also takes it to the next step from self talk to action and goes into detail about it. he is a great catalist for invoking the action. I'm glad DArth brought this stuff up.

I noticed you said your life doesn't have a purpose, if you could handle one more eckhart tolle book it might be in your best interest. http://www.amazon.com/New-Earth-Awakening-Lifes-Purpose/dp/0525948023

Last edited: