How do you stop hesistation?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Whether it be with girls, or playing guitar, I always seem to hesistate for some reason. For instance, when I'm playing guitar, and I'm unsure of the next note to play, I'm playing a tune and I forget which note to play, or I simply mess up on a tune, there's always this shock of hesistation that comes over me, it's like I want to play faster, but I don't know this shock hesistation comes over me. So I want to know, how do I keep that hesistation from happening? How do I teach myself to JUST DO IT and not hesistate?

Dodgeball

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have suffer with the same, i even forget so easily, i too would also like to know this

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Pook says, when you see a hottie, say "Oooh Laa Laa!" to yourself and go for it.

Always assume that your target is waiting to meet a good looking, intelligent guy who's got his life together...namely you.

Cheers,
Mav

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. Stop hesistation? How would I do this? Hm.

Don't hesitate perhaps?

The longer you wait, the more like a pvssy you seem. Think of it as a hunt. You're out in the brush, looking for...some animal. You find one that looks like it could make a great meal. What do you do? I would hope that you don't sit there and think "Well what if it runs away? I don't want to be a failure"

You go after it. If you don't get it, you move on. You don't sit there and cry about it. You generally don't hunt down that single animal. You look for other prey. You don't hesitate, because you know that if you don't get it this time, you'll soon have another shot.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great question ! I often suffer from hestitation in bars as well. You need to find some sort of self-motivation to stop this. In terms of w/ your guitar, i have no remedy. But w/ girls i do.

When you want to approach somebody, and you start to hesitate, think of some sort of goal you want to achieve. Think to yourself, look if i dont approach this girl, i won't achieve my goal. Now obviously your goal should be PUA related. I find that more often than not, thinking that i will not reach my goal by not approaching is reason enough to quit hestitating.

Usually works really well, but the key is to believe.

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
.....Isn't this all what the 3 second rule is about?

If not I'm going to feel really dumb right now

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's regarding music, start learning how to improvise. Don't stop playing, just keep letting the notes flow out regardless of what the tune might be. You're training your own subconscious to think on your feet. Might seem a little farfetched, but I've seen how music can really affect a person's confidence.

On the more grounded points, I'd say the most reliable way of getting over hesitation is to simply confront it. Even if you hesitate, go talk to women, have fun, crack jokes. At one point you will become so acclimated to simply having fun with girls that your initial anxieties will practically disappear. In any case, it's a wonderful first step to be able to identify the problem and see when it happens. Next, you just need to work on it! Good luck.

-Damian

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been repeated many times,the simplest solution is to MOVE before you THINK.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do it..do it

when you notice yourself hesitating,act on your impulse immediatly..yup, you got it buddy..drink from your dads liquer cabinet...steal your fathers car keys put the car in neutrel ,push it down the street and start it up..say 'what's up bebeh' to all the girls you'd normally just drool at..snatch that candy bar at the store you been walking around with...go for that last rep on the bench press where you normaly give up...grab her snatch ,and cop a feel when you make out with her...yank down her braw when she least expects it..c'mon , he's only 16 let the boy have his fun :D