How do you stay motivated/keep your cool during a dry spell?

TSozzle

Reaction score
I read this site a lot to try and improve my interactions with women. Im far from perfect yet but Im working on my self (gym, diet, saving money etc) to gain some points. Im having some trouble sealing the deal though. I dont use dating sites but on a few occasions now I havent been able to seal the deal, because Im not a very good talker. Went to a party on friday and a woman pulled me off my seat to dance. It went well since I dont mind letting loose on the dance floor. When we finished I couldnt seem to get a conversation going, but I was asking all the questions too. I ran out of things to say and my mind went blank. It lasted about 2 minutes before I walked off to find my friends. Its been a year since Ive been able to find any dates to give you an idea.

TSozzle

Reaction score
Thanks bro. And by motivation I meant in general, for everything in life that has to be done. I cant lie, sometimes I think about my dry spell and I dont feel like doing **** all day. My motivation isnt solely girls, but if you think I should take them out of the equation entirely then that is advice I shall take. I have lots of goals right now in mind, like maintaining a gym schedule and keeping a healthy diet, plus I need to get my drivers license out the way too.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks bro. And by motivation I meant in general, for everything in life that has to be done. I cant lie, sometimes I think about my dry spell and I dont feel like doing **** all day. My motivation isnt solely girls, but if you think I should take them out of the equation entirely then that is advice I shall take. I have lots of goals right now in mind, like maintaining a gym schedule and keeping a healthy diet, plus I need to get my drivers license out the way too.
I am having to watch my diet very closely,it is cheat meal season with the holidays coming up.The longest "dry spell" I have ever had was only about a week and a half...so I have never really had one.What I do is walk 4-6 miles a day at a brisk pace (this has solved every health issue I once had) If you are "thinking " about your dry spell and getting depressed then you are slipping into a beta-loser frame that puts pvssy on a pedestal,as long as you are like this you don't deserve to have the dry spell end in my opinion,snap out of it !

TSozzle

Reaction score
I am having to watch my diet very closely,it is cheat meal season with the holidays coming up.The longest "dry spell" I have ever had was only about a week and a half...so I have never really had one.What I do is walk 4-6 miles a day at a brisk pace (this has solved every health issue I once had) If you are "thinking " about your dry spell and getting depressed then you are slipping into a beta-loser frame that puts pvssy on a pedestal,as long as you are like this you don't deserve to have the dry spell end in my opinion,snap out of it !
Yeh Ive always struggled with my diet, but in the last couple of months, it has been going good. I guess Ill keep working on other things that improve my health and wealth, and let things flow naturally in regards to women. And yeh, youre right about the last line, I need to snap out of this quickly.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh Ive always struggled with my diet, but in the last couple of months, it has been going good. I guess Ill keep working on other things that improve my health and wealth, and let things flow naturally in regards to women. And yeh, youre right about the last line, I need to snap out of this quickly.
Sometimes it helps to have a drink or two just to loosen up a bit.
Stay on the gym regimen and lift heavy and hard. Depleting yourself will help you crave better foods you need to recover.

AriMamba

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just try to focus on other things. Or I talk to old plates or go out and try to get a one night stand. There is always tinder but i have to be really lucky to find anyone there. Usually I just try to figure it out on my own and when I least expect it I'm having sex.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...sex is a basic survival need, like food and water, so there is no wonder that you're distressed in a dry spell.

You got some great advice. The best way to get out of the spell is to improve yourself, make approaches and get laid.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go work out some more, eat clean and lower your standards. Approach 4s and 5s. I gained a lot of body fat last year in march due financial and stress of school, bad grades and no motivation for anything. I decided to get my life on track, work more hours and become a gym rat. While I was still kinda slobby I just went along and approached less attractive girls who are ofcourse a easier target. They feel their value is lower then yours, you have fun and hook up. While you regain confidence and build muscle, lose body fat, focus on fun hobbies you will become more motivated again and work on a goal to reach.

You will approach more, get more plates and drop the 5 you started with in your new rotation. You will meet a 6 or a 7 and hook up again. After a while you will regain all of your confidence, get a good haircut, some fresh new clothes and your new attitude will pull better looking girls. After months you will find two or three solid 7s and 8s in your rotation and there you go, your back on track.

This happened to me after a lot of focus after march 2017, summer was GREAT and I even dropped all the plates I was f8cking then, im on better plates right now. It's all between in your ears and mindset.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get numbers and start going on dates, that outta break that spell really quick. Just make sure to keep working, lifting, and reading and you'll be fine.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have three month dry spells pretty often. Do something different. Travel somewhere, try new food, try a new workout, or try a new sport

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I dont use dating sites but on a few occasions now I havent been able to seal the deal,
What do dating sites have to do with you not closing?

Went to a party on friday and a woman pulled me off my seat to dance. It went well since I dont mind letting loose on the dance floor.
No one cares if you mind or not. They are there to have fun.

When we finished I couldnt seem to get a conversation going, but I was asking all the questions too. I ran out of things to say and my mind went blank. It lasted about 2 minutes before I walked off to find my friends.
Bro you got to be kidding.

A woman has enough confidence to ask you to dance with her while you are sitting down. You enjoy it. And you think can't of anything to say to her?

How about; thank you for the dance, what's your name, what's your number, you want to grab something to eat, let's go for lunch tomorrow, let's go to the game tomorrow, let's go for a walk tomorrow, let's go bowling tomorrow, let's go for drinks tomorrow, let's go to North Korea tomorrow.

If men can't think of what to say to a good looking girl looking to have fun and have sex, our workforce is doomed.

TSozzle

Reaction score
What do dating sites have to do with you not closing?
Nothing really, I just write them both in the same sentence. I wanted to let you guys know my options are limited to women I meet in real life face to face.

Bro you got to be kidding.

A woman has enough confidence to ask you to dance with her while you are sitting down. You enjoy it. And you think can't of anything to say to her?

How about; thank you for the dance, what's your name, what's your number, you want to grab something to eat, let's go for lunch tomorrow, let's go to the game tomorrow, let's go for a walk tomorrow, let's go bowling tomorrow, let's go for drinks tomorrow, let's go to North Korea tomorrow.

If men can't think of what to say to a good looking girl looking to have fun and have sex, our workforce is doomed.
Yeh I asked her the first two, but I guess a combination of mind going blank plus a lack of confidence lead to me crumbling at that moment. Now all these answers will hopefully help me for next time.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
lol @ you guys getting frustrated after not getting laid for a week

I've had giant 6-12+ month spans of not getting laid or any real female companionship and I'm okay with it

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Motivated to what? Finding a chick? I hope that isn't your motivation? Your motivation should be attaining more POWER. I'm telling you, once you focus on your goals the chicks will follow.
No they won't

No matter what the f*ck I do on sites like this, I just can't get this dumbass advice to die. I have everything you guys talk about - lots of money, a very muscular and lean physique, the most sharp fashion sense you'll ever find in a straight man, great lifestyle, great social circle. I still don't get any attention from women

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what the f*ck I do on sites like this, I just can't get this dumbass advice to die. I have everything you guys talk about - lots of money, a very muscular and lean physique, the most sharp fashion sense you'll ever find in a straight man, great lifestyle, great social circle. I still don't get any attention from women
I'm sure it works for some guys. Everyone has different problems when it comes to women. If it doesn't work for you, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad advice, it's just that your needs lie elsewhere. Maybe you need to be more aggressive, maybe your personality is too serious (not fun enough), maybe you don't believe you can succeed. You probably have a better idea of what is holding you back than what anyone here can tell you.

U

user43770

Figure out what it is that you want to achieve in life and let that be your motivation.

Also, do your best to live in the present moment. Try to keep your mind from wondering too much.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure it works for some guys. Everyone has different problems when it comes to women. If it doesn't work for you, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad advice, it's just that your needs lie elsewhere. Maybe you need to be more aggressive, maybe your personality is too serious (not fun enough), maybe you don't believe you can succeed. You probably have a better idea of what is holding you back than what anyone here can tell you.
it's still bullsh*t advice

I can't even remember my last date and almost everywhere I go, I'm one of the absolute best guys there in terms of the overall package. That advice probably works for women and gay men in terms of improving their success in dating because they deal with men who work based on logic. Women don't work on any kind of logic whatsoever